Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

11 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Durham really laying into Hasenhuttl saying us being this bad and playing that badly yesterday is a sackable offence.

Darren Gough reckons we'll go down next season.

I reckon he could be right.

I'm willing to give him until christmas. He's been making a few comments lately about having a bit of a trasfer kitty this summer, something he hasn't had so far, and to be honest if we sack him who could we realistically replace him with who could do any better with this squad?

25 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Durham really laying into Hasenhuttl saying us being this bad and playing that badly yesterday is a sackable offence.

Darren Gough reckons we'll go down next season.

🤣🤣

Our situation aside, if this loon thinks a manager should be sacked after their team plays badly then we would have a helluva a lot sackings.

Talk Sport, the TV equivalent of the daily sport newspaper all bullshit and tits.

Edited by Chapel End

14 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

🤣🤣

Our situation aside, if this loon thinks a manager should be sacked after their team plays badly then we would have a helluva a lot sackings.

Talk Sport, the TV equivalent of the daily sport newspaper all bullshit and tits.

He's reactionist radio bloke who winds people up, but I couldn't disagree with him on any of it.

Darren Gough also had Leeds United to go down this season before the start. Don't know how he could have thought that with Bielsa.

21 minutes ago, Huffton said:

I'm willing to give him until christmas. He's been making a few comments lately about having a bit of a trasfer kitty this summer, something he hasn't had so far, and to be honest if we sack him who could we realistically replace him with who could do any better with this squad?

Eddie Howe 💯 

1 hour ago, Chapel End said:

Are there any good female managers out there we could get?

Marianne Spacey seems to be doing well with the women's team. They're beating sides from leagues above in the cup. Would be a promotion from within so would carry on the Southampton Way. Make it happen.

4 hours ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

Good post albeit the message depressing. For me Ralph is holed beneath the water line. How long will he keep us afloat? The ridiculous thing is he is virtually unsackable which is not really a healthy situation. 
Maybe a shakeup to football in this country has come at a good time for us.  

I think it might come at a good time for us, chaos will throw a lot of clubs plans into turmoil so we won't be the only ones in a mess. 

36 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Marianne Spacey seems to be doing well with the women's team. They're beating sides from leagues above in the cup. Would be a promotion from within so would carry on the Southampton Way. Make it happen.

61NC5ONJuxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 2

I see the Mourinho apologists on Sky Sports have worked up a SaintsWeb-Ralph style factoid for Jose's time at Spurs.

Apparently if you only look at matches since he took over, Tottenham would be fourth. The old 17 months between November '19 and April '21 analysis system.

Everyone is at it.

2 hours ago, Huffton said:

That’s my view.

• Like 1

12 defeats in 15. The worst team in the league in 2021. Outfoxed by a 29 year old YTS manager and a team phoning it in before a cup final.

The guy's fucking clueless. ANY manager with something about them would've found a way to halt the haemorrhaging by now. Might not be pretty, might be parking the bus and grimly picking up draws, but it'd be something; a reaction; a proactive response to atrocious, unacceptable form.

But not the Alpine Klopp. Not the tactical maverick, reinventor of the beautiful game. He's got nothing up his sleeve. He's got the tactical depth of a puddle of jizz.

Who's still making excuses for him? Hopeless. Still not convinced we won't go down this season, but we've got no chance next season.

Edited by qwertyell
  • Like 4

On 19/04/2021 at 19:13, The Cat said:

I’ve always maintained Hope Powell is the best fit for a progressive club like us

I'm not sure how much longer the board can justify Ralph being in the job. It's not just the poor results but his complete stubbornness to change or adapt tactics before or during a game. He just does the same thing over and over again. He clearly holds a grudge against certain players (for whatever reason) and has his favourites in others. I hate knocking our team but having watched Djenepo on more than one occasion I fail to see what he brings to the party. When Danny went off tonight the only change that should have been made was to bring on another striker to replace him. Why the hell did Ralph bring on Diallo?? Armstrong and JWP had the midfield under control. He brings on Diallo and we lose our shape and control. He does this week in week out. If (and I don't think we will) we lost our remaining 6 games surely he would go? Let's be honest it's not like we are going to replace 10 of the first team in the summer. Whoever is in charge needs to get more out of this group of players than Ralph is currently doing

2 minutes ago, saint lard said:

7 points out of a possible 45....10 points in 4 months. 

his subs buggered us up today. Breaking up JWP and Armstrong in their  roles in the first half was criminal. 
how anyone can defend him I don’t know. 

Who can we get that would come here that's better seems to be the argument? 

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

If Brentford don’t go up I’d take Thomas Frank if it were financially possible. 

Lampard,Howe....would Gerard like to pit his wits in a real league?

1 minute ago, saint lard said:

Do you think yet would do better with same squad I guess they can't do any worse at the moment 

9 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Blokes fucking clueless.

How can you say that? You’ll have the cult after you. If he’s so fucking useless how did he win the “calendar year 4th place in 2020 award”, and the Pep “team of the month March 21 award” then?

Even tonight he won an award,  The “Ryan Mason most difficult managerial opponent I’ve faced award”. now sits proudly on his mantlepiece. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

3 minutes ago, saint lard said:

This is the problem, none of those names are anywhere near realistic. That's what some fans aren't realising.

If we get rid of Ralph, we are not attracting people like Steven Gerrard or Lampard to us. Not a chance.

Maybe Sam Allardyce if he doesn't stay at West Brom? That's probably the level we'll be aiming at. They'll all be out of clubs too, you won't see us appointing a new manager who is currently employed such as Frank, as we don't have the funds for that.

Edited by S-Clarke

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Hasenhuttl is the worst manager this year in our league (possibly in all of England, I haven't checked). I think there are many names worth considering that could do better.

Thomas Frank

Eddie Howe

Robert Moreno

Andre Villas-Boas

Roberto Di Matteo

Vincenzo Montella

Leonardo Jardim

Jurgen Klingsman

Marco Silva

Frank Lampard

John Terry

Chris Wilder

Lighthouse, or any Mod, let’s do a poll surely? Something like this?

a) Ralph in no matter how this season finishes - to manage us in 2021/22 and beyond - he has proven what he is capable of with his 2020 calendar record

b) Ralph in but only because I do not trust the board to find a suitable alternative no matter what happens this season so he should stay for next season 

c) Ralph in until end of season and beyond but if we do not exceed 40/41pts this campaign then sack him at end of season

d) Ralph out now 

———————————————

Or if simpler: Have a Ralph in for 2021/22, or Ralph out for 2021/22 poll

Feel free to adjust or add suggestions to above

Edited by nta786

17 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

This is the problem, none of those names are anywhere near realistic. That's what some fans aren't realising.

If we get rid of Ralph, we are not attracting people like Steven Gerrard or Lampard to us. Not a chance.

Maybe Sam Allardyce if he doesn't stay at West Brom? That's probably the level we'll be aiming at. They'll all be out of clubs too, you won't see us appointing a new manager who is currently employed such as Frank, as we don't have the funds for that.

I think someone like Lampard/Gerrard would consider us for sure- we are still a PL club with players who on paper to outsiders are average to decent (to shit) - a mgr will think there is enough to put his stamp on this squad.

Plus, we have capability of offering up to £6m salary wise which equates to £115k a week so money will unlikely be a problem. I’d love to throw £8m to Benitez or something (yes I am dreaming a little but Newcastle had him in the Championship!)

However, this is the thing- are Lamps/Gerrard still inexperienced? We know our choices are limited to unemployed managers, and there some biggish names out there. If this rot carries on into next season it would be stupid not to act- no one should be deemed un sackable - we took a contingency loan out which could help.

Edited by nta786

On 19/04/2021 at 18:05, Huffton said:

To each their own I guess, me personally I’d rather we gave that transfer kitty to someone that actually knows what they’re doing, and has some kind of successful track record in this league.

Let’s not act like Ralph hasn’t bought anyone in, Diallo, Adams, Djenepo and Salisu were on his watch and they’re not exactly pulling up trees

• Like 1

Our inability to play well for 90 minutes anywhere near consistently enough long pre-dates the current manager but he's done little to nothing to change the tide. 

The main problem is the squad being weak as piss, exacerbated even further when Romeu is out. They're way too nice, as demonstrated tonight when one of the Spurs players went down with a non-head injury whilst we were attacking in their half and we put the ball out of play. Soft as sh*t and no leadership but the manager has more than enough time to address that even despite the lack of investment from the owner. 

There's little point in persisting with the style of play we've adopted if we're not fit enough to make it work over a full 90/don't have the depth to cope with it over the course of a season when injuries/fatigue hits and so we need a more adaptable coach to change it up when it clearly isn't working - like right now. 

A fresh start is needed and if they're going to make the change ahead of next season, we may as well do it now to try and turn results around and carry some form of positive momentum into the new campaign. Sadly, Semmens won't be pulling the plug on Ralph unless he absolutely has to though and a manager being that protected is a huge worry as it leads to what we're seeing right now - the boss and the players becoming far too comfortable. 

Fundamentally, unless there are big changes at the club in the summer from the top down (ownership, vision, playing staff, manager and youth team set-up), we look almost certain to drop out of the division next season or very soon after. 

On 19/04/2021 at 18:05, Huffton said:

If we start next season like we've been during the last three months of this one, he'll be gone by end of September, but by then it really is 'Big Sam' time, and we'll all be asking why wasn't it done sooner.

The replacements mentioned certainly don't inspire that's for sure. Eddie Howe might be another version of 'Arry, embarrassed by being here with his hear still a few miles down the coast, did I see Marco Silva's name mentioned somewhere on this thread, there's a throwback. Perhaps Ronald will be interested if his Barcelona jaunt comes to an end prematurely.

I'd like to see Ralph turn it round, but its becoming increasingly difficult to see it without major investment - probably not happening - or to make a case out for him. 

Would like to see the gutless players fuck off, but whilst Ralph's hands are tied with those at his disposal, his selections, tactics are questionable, and motivational skills have gone down the bog.

The club seems rotten from the top without direction, until that changes anything else is really just window dressing. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

That’s crazy. 

Shocking form & no accountability for it whatsoever, it wouldn't be so bad if he was saying we aren't good enough and desperately need to improve & I take some responsibility for that, but instead we get we left it all on the pitch & gave our all after a cup semi final with not a shot on target 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

To each their own I guess, me personally I’d rather we gave that transfer kitty to someone that actually knows what they’re doing, and has some kind of successful track record in this league.

Let’s not act like Ralph hasn’t bought anyone in, Diallo, Adams, Djenepo and Salisu were on his watch and they’re not exactly pulling up trees

Like who? What managers with a successful premier league track record will join us?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

I agree with you although you may not agree with my suggestion for cutting the club’s cloth unless a takeover happens - Allardyce.

I don’t think he will stay on at WBA but has finally got them set up properly how he wants. If he joined on 1 June he’d have a whole pre season to sort out all first team affairs at the club and get rid of the deadwood on the playing and coaching staff. He got the Sunderland side that I saw ship at SMS and they were worse than this SFC side, and CP were soft when he joined them as well. At WBA and other clubs he has shown he can find cute bargains that work in this league. Brexit doesn’t help but he has still found Okay who has been far more than OK, AMN would come and reinforce the midfield as well. He would work the loan system well.

I’d love to think we’d get a takeover and be talking about Lampard etc but have to be realistic. Les Reed did more damage than Milan Mandaric could have done on purpose and the recruitment since hasn’t been much better. An old school manager who can organise a defence and has a big contacts book for signings is the order of the day. Leave Crocker to sort the academy from Reed and Hunter’s destruction of it, a boy shouldn’t be doing a man’s job with the first team. 

Even if he only did a year a manager I’d keep him on the recruitment side after that, club needs to go back to basics for a while. Compete, stronger physically and mentally, become difficult to beat again until Gao clears off.

Thanks for all you’ve done Ralph and March to January which was great to watch but for everyone’s sake it’s time to move on unless there’s a new owner who can buy the strength and quality of player to make his coaching work again.

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

If we start next season like we've been during the last three months of this one, he'll be gone by end of September, but by then it really is 'Big Sam' time, and we'll all be asking why wasn't it done sooner.

The replacements mentioned certainly don't inspire that's for sure. Eddie Howe might be another version of 'Arry, embarrassed by being here with his hear still a few miles down the coast, did I see Marco Silva's name mentioned somewhere on this thread, there's a throwback. Perhaps Ronald will be interested if his Barcelona jaunt comes to an end prematurely.

I'd like to see Ralph turn it round, but its becoming increasingly difficult to see it without major investment - probably not happening - or to make a case out for him. 

Would like to see the gutless players fuck off, but whilst Ralph's hands are tied with those at his disposal, his selections, tactics are questionable, and motivational skills have gone down the bog.

The club seems rotten from the top without direction, until that changes anything else is really just window dressing. 

Even if that was the case, would we actually sack Ralph though? Said it before that we've clearly backed him all the way by giving him complete control of the footballing side of things. We've committed to playing the long game with him. Doesnt help when you see pundits say that we deserve credit for not sacking him after either 9-0. Under current ownership we cant afford to sack him and the only way I could see him leaving is if he walks, which is unlikely

I would have more faith if the U18s and U23 teams were doing well but right now our academy is utter crap and Ralph has had nearly 3 years to stamp his philosophy on them. The guy is a charlatan in my opinion but we are stuck with him because our current board who are clueless on football matters decided to entrust Ralph with the kitchen sink and the draining board. And they dug themselves a big hole in the process 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, LeG said:

New owner will bring in a new manager in the summer I expect. 

Hope to God there is a new owner by June or so otherwise this club is going somewhere very unpleasant in a flimsily built handcart (a bit like each of the Saints playing squads at the moment). Seems unlikely but need something to hand onto!

Club directionless from the top since summer 2017.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Like who? What managers with a successful premier league track record will join us?

In the best of all worlds, I would hope that we could appeal to Graham Potter’s history with Saints plus cash, but fear that ship has sailed. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl