Saints vs Liverpool — Build-up & Match

SuperSAINT

16 hours ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Only one way this is going...0-4 L’Pool. We’ll knock it around a bit and take at least 50% possession, but ultimately not score because of the ponderously slow build-up play allowing 11 men to get behind the ball. They’ll hit us on the break...0-1 at HT with the remainder coming as we try to catch the game. We just don’t have the quality I the team to match them.

That’s the spirit 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

He’s looking a bit tired, so might not be the worst idea him having a rest for a week. 

Missing McCarthy, Vestergaard, Redmond and Adams though, might mean we’re not strong enough to cause an upset.

My thoughts too, I posted the other day I thought Che looked tired, and certainly wasn't himself after being booted in the head. Personally for pace I'd slot Walcott up next to Ings and maybe even play Diallo in a more advanced role but I suspect Long will start. I don't dislike Long but his day has gone, if he ever really had a day. There weren't too many. However we gave him a new 2 year contract so it seems the Long/Ings partnership will have to do. 

The pessimist in me has escaped... Liverpool will win this, despite their recent form, I just have a feeling. Just make it respectable Saints. 3-1 wouldn't be a bad defeat. All players need to work their bollocks off as we only have the Shrewbury game in a fortnight after this.

10 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

It was even less than that. They only had a camera at one game! 

If you missed a goal you never saw it again.

Oh the swear words I learnt as a nipper in the Dell urinals due to this.

That and perfecting a tippy toe walk on entering them of course.

Now we mutter about concourse decor and poor wi-fi.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Yeah, saw that and thought the same. We shall see. No reason for my mate to make it up, but who knows...

Transfer- sorry - injury update from Ralph: Ralph Hasenhuttl on team news: "I think for him [Redmond] and Jannik Vestergaard this will take a little bit longer. We will have a look. It may take two or three more weeks, I don't know. It will take a little bit longer though, I think.” #saintsfc

2 hours ago, DT said:

Transfer- sorry - injury update from Ralph: Ralph Hasenhuttl on team news: "I think for him [Redmond] and Jannik Vestergaard this will take a little bit longer. We will have a look. It may take two or three more weeks, I don't know. It will take a little bit longer though, I think.” #saintsfc

Do you really think that? I’d be disappointed if Ralph was to mislead us in n that way, I think he’s better than that. I also don’t the Vestagard is the type to go on a sulky  strike either. 

2 hours ago, DT said:

Such a weird conspiracy theory.

I’ve heard from a decent source that we’ll be without McCarthy, Adams and Theo...

Hopefully it’s wrong. 

Also mentioned that Obafemi might get the nod alongside Ings.

Edited by LGTL

19 minutes ago, LGTL said:

I’ve heard from a decent source that we’ll be without McCarthy, Adams and Theo...

Hopefully it’s wrong. 

Obafemi would be very surprising, particularly given the links that hes going out on loan. N'Lundulu and Long both ahead of him

40 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Hopefully it’s wrong. 

Walcott was in the latest training pics from today, wasn't he?

6 minutes ago, Appy said:

It'll be fine for one game, it's not like we're chucking a kid in, he's an experienced goalkeeper, hopefully carries on his form he had from Celtic last season.

I am quite confident that he will. He really has improved since he was last in goal for us

12 minutes ago, fez said:

I am quite confident that he will. He really has improved since he was last in goal for us

Has he? Or did he get some confidence from playing at a much lower level? 

Either or, I hope he has a solid game, he hasn’t had one of them for a very long time for us. 

10 minutes ago, DT said:

Oh God. Gerry Masrden has died. That’s the  YNWA montage doing the tv pundits’ work for them done after they win. Gah!

$hit, where did I put my emergency black armband? 

One good thing, at least their fans won't be there singing it all night long.

FF in goal? The only positive I can think is when we beat them in "that" semi-final, FF was in goal and I seem to recall he pulled off an amazing save and Shane Long was up front and score the winner.......Deja Vu anyone?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Appy said:

It'll be fine for one game, it's not like we're chucking a kid in, he's an experienced goalkeeper, hopefully carries on his form he had from Celtic last season.

Liverpool will score at least once from outside the area, low shot just out of reach of the diving Forster , just too slow to get down to it. 

Southampton 1 (Ings 71) v Liverpool 3 (Mane 22, Salah 40, 60) 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

FF in goal? The only positive I can think is when we beat them in "that" semi-final, FF was in goal and I seem to recall he pulled off an amazing save and Shane Long was up front and score the winner.......Deja Vu anyone?

He did but it was only necessary as he completely fucked up a routine save immediately before it.

Anyway, hope he does well tomorrow!

20 hours ago, steve green said:

Oh the swear words I learnt as a nipper in the Dell urinals due to this.

That and perfecting a tippy toe walk on entering them of course.

Now we mutter about concourse decor and poor wi-fi.

Why was that (regrettably I never went to the Dell)?

• Confused 1

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints vs Liverpool — Build-up & Match
  • Jimmy_D locked and unpinned this topic