Danny Ings

sisi1992

5 hours ago, SKD said:

It’s got nothing to do with the salary, that’s been agreed. Bumper pay rise and will be our highest paid player, understandably so. 

it’s a release clause they cannot agree on. Danny’s side want it to be sub 20m we want it to be plus 35m. Or at least was the case a couple of months back. 

Only my opinion, but I suspect, he’ll sign and will leave in the summer for somewhere in the middle. That being said, I expected it to have been signed by now though, so who knows. 

At 28 with 2 dodgy knees, He basically sees it as a final chance to play in the champions league. It’s not money related as I understand. 

IMO there is no way Ings would sign a new contract in Jan/Feb and leave in June or July.

He would seem like a snake and Saints would look pathetic given how much they would herald his new deal as a massive statement.

Plus any interested clubs would be telling Ings now not to sign a new contract as it forces up the price of he does and probably ends their interest as they could get him for half if he doesn't sign. The fact he hasnt signed yet surely means he knows who wants him, and the best thing to move is to not sign.

What will happen is either:

A.) He signs and stays for at least 18months

B.) He doesn't sign and we are essentially forced to sell this summer.

Edited by Dusic
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

You like my suggestion then? 😇

I mean, i did state this when the accounts were released ;) So, i certainly agree with going for someone like Daka.

"If it comes to it, we should sell ings whilst we can and get the money in for him. Then go and get someone like Daka and be proactive. I love ings and he is a quality player. But he is starting to get old, he has injury niggles, and his value will only decrease from here on. If he wants a release clause that means he's already thinking about leaving (and no issue with that - its fair enough especially give the above points), but saints have to do what is best for us as well. By this, i mean sell him when we want strategically, not wait until an offer comes in and then potentially miss out on other players."

Edited by Saint86

I don't personally think he is going to sign an extension reading between the lines of some of RH's comments

“If it is not what we expect to pay in the future then we have to look for somebody else who is cheaper - but we know it always should be win-win for both,” Hasenhuttl continued.

If they want to make the next step in the summer to a bigger club and there is an offer fitting to the player, then we can always negotiate.

Hope I am wrong, surely it is better to be a big fish in a smaller club? Maybe he wants a bigger pay packet for his last few years at the top 

6 minutes ago, Paulwantsapint81 said:

mbappe to Real

Poch signs Kane & Ali for PSG

Ings £25m & JWP £60m go to spurs

JV £35m to ???

Pay the debt off

rebuild as lower mid table club then go again

We don't need to sell our star players in 2021 to pay a debt where the first payment of lots of payments is not due until 2025!

5 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Just because it’s not due, doesn’t mean it’s not accumulating interest...not that I agree with the above 

Yes it will have interest at a high 9% rate added to it. But it doesn't mean we should be selling the star players when there is no rush. If anything if it came to needing the cash there are other players with value you'd sell before the likes of JWP.

23 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

I really hope he signs but it's looking worrying.

If he doesn't i really hope it's not because we've not been prepared to push the boat out & it's just that he set his mind on leaving.

If the rumours are true that his team are set on a release clause under £20million then they're all but guaranteeing he leaves in the summer anyway, so why would we agree to that? 

If he doesn't sign then we can demand £30million in the summer and either someone pays it or we get another year of him banging goals in for us before he needs replacing. 

1 hour ago, Saint_clark said:

If the rumours are true that his team are set on a release clause under £20million then they're all but guaranteeing he leaves in the summer anyway, so why would we agree to that? 

If he doesn't sign then we can demand £30million in the summer and either someone pays it or we get another year of him banging goals in for us before he needs replacing. 

This. Asking for a sub £20m release clause in my mind is basically saying you’re not interested in signing at all.

In what world would we agree to that? Have a nice pay rise but leave for less than we paid for you? 

If he wants to leave that’s fine, his call - but I don’t think he’s that serious about signing a new contract. 

Oh well. We've actually looked better at times this season with Walcott and Adams linking up, I've been saying for a while that Ings attitude has been disappointing, he never plays with a smile on his face anymore, just hangs around the left hand corner of the box demanding the ball and getting pissed off with teammates when they don't pass it to him.

5 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Oh well. We've actually looked better at times this season with Walcott and Adams linking up, I've been saying for a while that Ings attitude has been disappointing, he never plays with a smile on his face anymore, just hangs around the left hand corner of the box demanding the ball and getting pissed off with teammates when they don't pass it to him.

As usual you see things others don’t 

• Like 2

We know how this one ends don’t we. If he really wanted to sign he would have by now.

Oh well, he was a bargain for what he returned in goals and we should make a profit too so it’s been a good deal. 

Back to fighting relegation next year then, oh joy.

8 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

This. I have noticed the same. Even when he gets interviewed it seems like a chore. I think he has started to believe in his own hype now. It's such a shame, would any other club taken a chance on him with his record? Especially for what we paid for him

Make the most of the remainder of this enjoyable season. 
Because as from next season it’s going to be pretty dire. 
Ings will go,Ralph will go....as will JWP and any other saleable asset. 
brace yourself for the inevitable relegation scrap....and eventually it will happen. 
we will be bought by charlatans along the way. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, saint lard said:

brace yourself for the inevitable relegation scrap....and eventually it will happen. 

Perhaps a bit extreme but certainly the horizon for Saints isn't tinged with positivity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, saint lard said:

Best get that suicide note written lad. Cya 👋

3 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

We don't need to sell our star players in 2021 to pay a debt where the first payment of lots of payments is not due until 2025!

as I have mentioned several times matthew, the debt rises to £122m if we don't start paying ti until 2025. So I have little doubt the club WILL be making a debt repayment before then. The sooner we pay it down, the less we `waste' in interest payments, which eat into our annual budget.

3 minutes ago, saint lard said:

Be honest you do not enjoy anything.

1 minute ago, saint lard said:

Nice to see such a calm, measured response to the situation. Top half of the league, one player gets linked with a move away and we’re already relegated. We will sell, reinvest and move on, same as we did with Lambert, Lallana and co.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Danny Ings