Danny Ings

sisi1992

2 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

Fkin hell he hasn’t gone there yet, it’s a paper headline which contains little fact given Kane won’t be there next season yet you want to have a pop at Adam Blackmore ? 

🤣🤣

I'd like it not to be true but do you really think it isn't? He's obviously going to go to Spurs if they want him, no idea why Blackmore said it.

1 minute ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

I'd like it not to be true but do you really think it isn't? He's obviously going to go to Spurs if they want him, no idea why Blackmore said it.

This isn't Poch's CL finalists Spurs anymore, they are now every bit a stepping stone club. It's worth remembering where Ings came from. He had his career at CL and PL champions Liverpool ruined by injuries, to make matters worse his role in that team was played by Firmino who Ings will likely consider someone whose place he could have taken. He will have been watching them win the CL and PL and think that, if not for injuries, it could have been him instead of Firmino. It will have left a sour taste and he is likely hoping one of the PL/CL competing clubs give him another chance to fix what the injuries took from him. Spurs aren't in a position to offer that, they probably aren't even qualifying for the CL anytime soon.

Not sure if its been said. But my translation of all this is (that if it is tottenham), this is just levy trying to get it done early and for cheap, before they sell kane and everyone knows that they're loaded.

Hoping we don't fall for it and get a good price. If its Tottenham i think we should be especially nobbish and push for £30m.

On 07/07/2021 at 12:32, OldNick said:

He'll sign if no other club comes in for him lol. Cake and eat it comes to mind.

Give him a deadline and if he doesnt sign withdraw the offer. His old contract will still be valid for a season and the club will sav some money. He will stil have to give his all to ge others to keep their interest once his contract runs down. Im tired of the players power

Not just that. Ings has one last chance at a world cup. He will play his arse off next season if he wants a move and a world cup space. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

Sell for 25m and get Armstrong and Edouard. They can't both be shit. 🤷‍♂️

If Ings goes I definitely think we need two strikers and for that reason, that one may not settle/be crap. 

If our striking options next season are Adams, Walcott, Redmond, Tella and only one other striker like Armstrong I'd be seriously worried about our survival chances, especially as Theo and the Nathans are really AMs. 

That's of course if we ship out Long, N'Lundulu and Obafemi or we'll be in even worse shape! (Thought that's perhaps harsh on Obafemi who I think would be the one worth keeping as back up).

1 hour ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

He's said he's not interested in Spurs or Wet Spam. Man City are said to be interested. Which part of that makes you so certain he will go to Spurs?

Still think he won't go anywhere, unless it is City or Liverpool (and I can't see Liverpool being interested). Utd or Chelsea maybe perhaps but unlikely. 

1 hour ago, VectisSaint said:

He's said he's not interested in Spurs or Wet Spam. Man City are said to be interested. Which part of that makes you so certain he will go to Spurs?

Still think he won't go anywhere, unless it is City or Liverpool (and I can't see Liverpool being interested). Utd or Chelsea maybe perhaps but unlikely. 

Because I doubt he’s actually said that.

And I also doubt that City are interested.

9 hours ago, VectisSaint said:

But some no mark thinks he is going to Spuds and you lap it up. Seems a bit odd. 

Not any more odd than your usual approach which seems to be "all journalists are just making it up".

Do you believe the original story from The Athletic now?

6 hours ago, Far que said:

who cares where he goes,the thing is he wont be in a southampton shirt,everyone needs to get their head around this and move on.

I just wish it would get sorted now tbh as much as I'd love him to stay and sign he isn't going to, so let's get him gone at the right price (which could be difficult with the high Liverpool sell on clause) so it's not the one big distraction of the new season that disrupts everything.  Are we going to have to try to replace the irreplaceable though? 

• Like 1

Really wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at City, Aguero has gone on a free and looks like Jesus is on his way out too, they're clearly freeing up space for Kane or Haaland but they might have to wait another year for either of those - Kane still has 3 years left on his contract and Levy's not going to sell unless it's silly money, Haaland has a release clause that kicks in next summer. Ings could be a very useful stop-gap for them if he can stay fit.

8 minutes ago, Roo1976 said:

Why would Ings go to Spuds...? more money?, didnt even make European football for the new season.

They qualified for the new "Europa Conference League" I think - a new 3rd tier competition for Europe starting from 2021/22

• Haha 1

Just now, Give it to Ron said:

Southampton would want ‘more than £25 million’ for Danny Ings this summer, as they recognise his importance to them staying in the Premier League, & would be unable to find a replacement of his quality for less #saintsfc [@TheAthleticUK]

| It’s unclear if Southampton striker Danny Ings would rather join Spurs now or wait until he’s a free agent next summer when he will have more options #saintsfc [@TheAthleticUK]

On 14/07/2021 at 09:12, igsey said:

Really wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at City, Aguero has gone on a free and looks like Jesus is on his way out too, they're clearly freeing up space for Kane or Haaland but they might have to wait another year for either of those - Kane still has 3 years left on his contract and Levy's not going to sell unless it's silly money, Haaland has a release clause that kicks in next summer. Ings could be a very useful stop-gap for them if he can stay fit.

Could see him going to City as backup to a bigger name for sure. Don't think he would go there as their main striker

8 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Could see him going to City as backup to a bigger name for sure. Don't think he would go there as their main striker

Agreed - Ings won't be main striker if he does move to a European club, he'd have to be back-up.

I don't think his knee could handle playing twice a week in a CL game and then a PL game. 

6 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Agreed - Ings won't be main striker if he does move to a European club, he'd have to be back-up.

I don't think his knee could handle playing twice a week in a CL game and then a PL game. 

He doesn't need to be first choice in every game anyway, for z club playing 60 games a season.  If he's fit he'd likely come off the bench in most games, and likely to start quite a few too.

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

He doesn't need to be first choice in every game anyway, for z club playing 60 games a season.  If he's fit he'd likely come off the bench in most games, and likely to start quite a few too.

Do City even have a first choice XI. Obviously there are a few players like De Bruyne who would always play in the big games when fit but they've got a squad of really good players who are not really much between them, Guardiola will pick them based on form, fitness and tactics.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

For me this is the crux of Ing's problem. At his age, and to be able to put himself in the window for the next World Cup, he needs regular game time. With the best will in the world, he isn't going to get that at City, or for that matter at any of the top 4.

I don’t get this back up striker business. If you had been injured as much as Ings and gone so long without playing like he did at Liverpool wouldn’t you want to be somewhere where you are playing as much as possible? You are a long time retired, make the most of every chance you get to play.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

For me this is the crux of Ing's problem. At his age, and to be able to put himself in the window for the next World Cup, he needs regular game time. With the best will in the world, he isn't going to get that at City, or for that matter at any of the top 4.

A move to City will almost guarantee an england squad place!

Ings will be very well aware of his own frailty and therefore longevity in the game so is looking for a much bigger pay day than we can offer to secure his retirement should it come early. Money may matter to him far more than game time right now.

On the flip side it will be an expensive gamble by any club that takes him on which inevitably will limit the number of suitors.

1 hour ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Ings will be very well aware of his own frailty and therefore longevity in the game so is looking for a much bigger pay day than we can offer to secure his retirement should it come early. Money may matter to him far more than game time right now.

On the flip side it will be an expensive gamble by any club that takes him on which inevitably will limit the number of suitors.

£75K pw is nearly £4M per year. Just one year. So, yes, he definitely needs to be concerned with securing his retirement fund.

If Saints are considering paying £6.5m for a season of Brandon Williams as a back up, 20m for a season of Ings as a regular starter seems like a bargain……! I wonder how many teams will be willing to offer Ings a 4 year contract next summer…….?

4 minutes ago, SW5 SAINT said:

If Saints are considering paying £6.5m for a season of Brandon Williams as a back up, 20m for a season of Ings as a regular starter seems like a bargain……! I wonder how many teams will be willing to offer Ings a 4 year contract next summer…….?

That maybe why he might consider going for something now. I expect all these factors are in his considerations. He might think that he is better off signing an improved contract with us. We shall see.

1 hour ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Has he got a tattoo of a snake ?

Speak to burnley fans, its all about money for Ings he did the same to them.

If that was the case he would have signed the four year deal Saints offered him. Nobody else is giving a 29 year old injury prone player a contract that long.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

All this talk that he might sign a new contract if no offer is forthcoming is pure and utter bs.

He ll just run his contract down and have more options next summer with him being free

If his ACL explodes in April, what then? It's a foolish risk to take. And if the clubs he is interested in aren't interested now, why would they be next year? Besides the fact that he has agreed a new contract with us, he just hasn't signed it yet.

Seems to me Ings just wants to be sure he isn't throwing away a second chance at a Liverpool level club.

4 hours ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Has he got a tattoo of a snake ?

Speak to burnley fans, its all about money for Ings he did the same to them.

....and when we released him as a schoolboy? Were we the snakes? I would understand his attitude if he left but I hope that he stays and becomes a legend like MLT. Sadly there are few players that turn down the money to stay loyal.

2 hours ago, Cartman said:

If his ACL explodes in April, what then? It's a foolish risk to take. And if the clubs he is interested in aren't interested now, why would they be next year? Besides the fact that he has agreed a new contract with us, he just hasn't signed it yet.

Seems to me Ings just wants to be sure he isn't throwing away a second chance at a Liverpool level club.

How often do players get a second failure of the same ACL? Having had it repaired, is he at any greater risk than any other player for an ACL?

23 minutes ago, wadesmith said:

He joined Liverpool..he’s hardly likely to get less money.

He wouldnt sign a new contract and the lack of it meant he got a big seven figure signing on fee and wages.

Its a well oiled plan and the same thing is happening now.

Oh and the agent would of got a rather nice deal as well.

2 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

He wouldnt sign a new contract and the lack of it meant he got a big seven figure signing on fee and wages.

Its a well oiled plan and the same thing is happening now.

Oh and the agent would of got a rather nice deal as well.

So  Ings  left Burnley for Liverpool for the money? Is that what your saying? Did Lambert leave Bristol Rovers & join us for the money?

4 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

This is annoyingly true. A move to City and he could score 10 goals in 30 games next season and almost certainly be in the squad. 

Nonsense. The latest England team had CM  starters from Leeds and West Ham. And started the euros with a CB from Villa. 

If you’re good enough, you’ll get in. 

If he moves to city, yes he’ll likely get in. Not because of the name of the club he plays for, but because at a better team, like city, he’ll bang in 20 goals. 

Edited by SKD

1 hour ago, SKD said:

Nonsense. The latest England team had CM  starters from Leeds and West Ham. And started the euros with a CB from Villa. 

If you’re good enough, you’ll get in. 

If he moves to city, yes he’ll likely get in. Not because of the name of the club he plays for, but because at a better team, like city, he’ll bang in 20 goals. 

But did they leave anyone out from Man United or Man City? Mason Greenwood was going to go if he wasn’t injured - what had he done to justify that? 

1 hour ago, SKD said:

Think that's his point, he could probably play at the exact same level and get more goals at City. He's always going to be feeding off scraps here.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Danny Ings