Danny Ings

sisi1992

Certainly missing today as was Lemina, pictures can tell many thousands of words. Having said that Theo also was a no show so who really knows what's going on. 

Elyonoussi seems very active and happy maybe he knows something we don't? 

Repling to Wimbourne Saint (below) 

Thank for pointing that out. I think you are right unless these guys have image rights! The only ones that feature many time each session seems to be Forster & Stevens.

Edited by Charlie Wayman

1 minute ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Certainly missing today as was Lemina, pictures can tell many thousands of words. Having said that Theo also was a no show so who really knows what's going on. 

Elyonoussi seems very active and happy maybe he knows something we don't? 

Wasn’t missing today! Photo 32 in the gallery…definitely the back of Ings’ head. 

Almost feels like the media team are not featuring him on purpose 😂

32 minutes ago, Wimborne_saint said:

Wasn’t missing today! Photo 32 in the gallery…definitely the back of Ings’ head. 

Almost feels like the media team are not featuring him on purpose 😂

Well spotted!

6 hours ago, Winnersaint said:

Does potential Kane to City for £160m open up Ings to Spurs? If so, at what price?

If Levy imagines Ings would appease their fickle fanbase after selling ‘Arry ‘e’s one of our own’ for £160M he’s more deluded than he appears. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Winnersaint said:

Does potential Kane to City for £160m open up Ings to Spurs? If so, at what price?

Big style. They had Carlos Vinícius on loan last season, so there is a gap there anyway that Ings could fill. Kane departs and they will be desperate for proven quality, with or without Jesus being part of the deal. That gives us a bit more power in any discussions. Both parties will want a result and levy will have to pay the going rate. If Kane stays and they come in for him, they will low ball us and we will be faced wiht that nightmare of take what they offer or allow millions to disappear off the balance sheet. 

12 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

If Levy imagines Ings would appease their fickle fanbase after selling ‘Arry ‘e’s one of our own’ for £160M he’s more deluded than he appears. 

who would appease them? How do you replace the `best striker' in the prem and with who? We have been here ourselves. Every signing appears a backwards step when you lose a star, but given time, the replacement can fill the boots, sometimes. 

Edited by Chez

Question folks. Just how large do you think the signing on fee pid to Ings will be, should he stay this season, then walk on a free next, assuming he has a sold season? If he is conservatively worth, let's say £25m right now, would he get a £10m, £15m, even £20m signing on fee (or the equivalent added to his wages)?

Whatever the answer, that is the incentive for him to walk on a free - instead of spurs handing those millions to Saints and him seeing nothing of it, it could all go into his pocket. 

5 hours ago, Chez said:

Question folks. Just how large do you think the signing on fee pid to Ings will be, should he stay this season, then walk on a free next, assuming he has a sold season? If he is conservatively worth, let's say £25m right now, would he get a £10m, £15m, even £20m signing on fee (or the equivalent added to his wages)?

Whatever the answer, that is the incentive for him to walk on a free - instead of spurs handing those millions to Saints and him seeing nothing of it, it could all go into his pocket. 

Your question makes me wonder...if he runs down his contact with us, then decides to stay, could he demand a signing on fee from us for a new contract? 

Could there already be a gentlemen's agreement between player and club to that effect ?

Are there any tax and/or FFP implications in paying a large signing on fee alongside reduced wages ?

IIRC contract renewals they get loyalty bonuses not signing on fees.

I think less the question is would Spurs bid for Ings, its more does Ings want to go to barely above mid table Spurs who are losing like 54% of their goals. I mean they scraped 7th and the Euro League 2, with Kane scoring 23 and setting up 14, are they genuinely going to be competing for Champions League without him? 

I doubt that, certainly not in the next 2-3 seasons that Ings is going to be at his peak. 

35 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

I think less the question is would Spurs bid for Ings, its more does Ings want to go to barely above mid table Spurs who are losing like 54% of their goals. I mean they scraped 7th and the Euro League 2, with Kane scoring 23 and setting up 14, are they genuinely going to be competing for Champions League without him? 

I doubt that, certainly not in the next 2-3 seasons that Ings is going to be at his peak. 

Add to which they have a manager who was about 8th choice - nobody else seemingly wanted to go there - who was dispensed with by Wolves and you have a club a million miles from the Sprurs of three years ago under Poch with everyone firing.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chez said:

who would appease them? How do you replace the `best striker' in the prem and with who? We have been here ourselves. Every signing appears a backwards step when you lose a star, but given time, the replacement can fill the boots, sometimes. 

Vlahovic appears to be who they think they’re getting, for around £60m. Current wunderkid perhaps will allow Levy to save some face and buy some time, not sure Ings from Southampton for £15m does that.  Whoever they sign I hope it doesn’t improve them. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

Vlahovic appears to be who they think they’re getting, for around £60m. Current wunderkid perhaps will allow Levy to save some face and buy some time, not sure Ings from Southampton for £15m does that.  Whoever they sign I hope it doesn’t improve them. 

Vlahovic would be an interesting replacement for Kane. Kind of similar in that sense that he'd still provide them that focal point up top and allow them to build off him.

I think Ings would still come into the equation though, if I was Spurs I'd look for someone like Vlahovic and invest in the future but to cover the here and now I'd see what's out there in terms of proven PL - Ings, at £20-30m, no brainer for any club with a bit of money and a hole to fill up top. I think he'd be a player they'd sign if Kane did go, as technically they'd be down two players with Vinicius and Kane leaving.

The Kane transfer will start a cascade, let's see if it happens.

20 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Vlahovic would be an interesting replacement for Kane. Kind of similar in that sense that he'd still provide them that focal point up top and allow them to build off him.

I think Ings would still come into the equation though, if I was Spurs I'd look for someone like Vlahovic and invest in the future but to cover the here and now I'd see what's out there in terms of proven PL - Ings, at £20-30m, no brainer for any club with a bit of money and a hole to fill up top. I think he'd be a player they'd sign if Kane did go, as technically they'd be down two players with Vinicius and Kane leaving.

The Kane transfer will start a cascade, let's see if it happens.

That would likely work for Levy, apart from the upper end of that estimate to SFC. Spare and a Heir. 

5 hours ago, Cartman said:

Can't go anywhere if none of the clubs he wants to join want him.

The fact that he only wants to go to a big club is actually a hinderance for us to receive a big offer.

These big clubs will not be interested this year in paying 20 odd million  for a back up strikerwho has one year left. But there might be next summer if no transfer fee is involved, so its likely he stays and walk away next summer.

If he was interested in moving to Aston Villa or West ham, we would already have received a half decent offer for him as they are more likely to pay a half decent amount for probably their first choice striker.

On 24/07/2021 at 09:05, tajjuk said:

IIRC contract renewals they get loyalty bonuses not signing on fees.

I think Ings would back himself to score that many in a team with Spurs creative ability.

1 hour ago, MarkSFC said:

Speaking to a City ST holder earlier and he'd rather they spend 40-50m on Ings than 160m on Kane!!

1) We aren’t getting £40m for a player with 1 year left on their contract. 
2) Kane is one of the best strikers in world football. 

4 hours ago, stevy777_x said:

The fact that he only wants to go to a big club is actually a hinderance for us to receive a big offer.

These big clubs will not be interested this year in paying 20 odd million  for a back up strikerwho has one year left. But there might be next summer if no transfer fee is involved, so its likely he stays and walk away next summer.

If he was interested in moving to Aston Villa or West ham, we would already have received a half decent offer for him as they are more likely to pay a half decent amount for probably their first choice striker.

If the big clubs don't come in for Ings, he likely takes our offer. If they aren't interested now, they aren't going to be next year when he turns 30.

1 hour ago, Cartman said:

If the big clubs don't come in for Ings, he likely takes our offer. If they aren't interested now, they aren't going to be next year when he turns 30.

Difference is next summer he requires no transfer fee, so that would make a deal more attractive to other clubs. Also nothing happens to a player's footballing ability as the clock ticks at midnight turning 29 to 30. A club like Leicester didn't care Bertrand is in his early 30s.

Edited by Matthew Le God

2 hours ago, RedArmy said:

He may be but is he likely to score 3-4 times the amount of goals/assists per game that Ings will given the same level of service? 
I'd say that Man City fan recognises value for money.

26 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Difference is next summer he requires no transfer fee, so that would make a deal more attractive to other clubs. Also nothing happens to a player's footballing ability as the clock ticks at midnight turning 29 to 30. A club like Leicester didn't care Bertrand is in his early 30s.

The clubs Ings wants are hardly known for penny pinching. If they wanted him, they wouldn't care about the (by their standards) low transfer fee. There is no reason for him to expect that they will come in for him at 30 when they didn't at 29.

Ings and Bertrand are at different points in their career, Ings is about to sign the last big contract of his career while Bertrand was already past that point, not to mention his injury record increasing the risk of being out of contract and the fact that we are offering an immediate pay rise, none of which applied to Bertrand. Ings holding off on accepting our offer is a far bigger gamble than Bertrand doing the same.

3 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

I’m pretty sure once none of the big 6 come for him he’ll go to West Ham or similar.

He won't, West Ham have nothing to offer him.

2 minutes ago, Cartman said:

He won't, West Ham have nothing to offer him.

Of course they do. Money. If they're offering another £40k PW over 3 years, for example, that's 6 million things they can offer that we can't. 

• Like 1

The smart money would be City to buy him circa £25, that allows them to bridge this season then go for Haaland next season when he is available for about £90m compared to £150m now, that way instead of paying £150 for Kane with no resale value they pay £25m and £90m,  Ings will score a lot of goals and still be rotated with Jesus 

7 minutes ago, danjosaint said:

The smart money would be City to buy him circa £25, that allows them to bridge this season then go for Haaland next season when he is available for about £90m compared to £150m now, that way instead of paying £150 for Kane with no resale value they pay £25m and £90m,  Ings will score a lot of goals and still be rotated with Jesus 

But they'll face more competition for Haaland next summer when he has a set release clause of about £75m. This is the summer to make a move for him if you're loaded - when Real Madrid and Barcelona are struggling with their finances and can't compete.

I think Chelsea have a shot at Haaland in the coming month or so. Especially if the rumours of Bayern wanting Werner turn out to be true.

Edited by qwertyell

20 minutes ago, egg said:

Of course they do. Money. If they're offering another £40k PW over 3 years, for example, that's 6 million things they can offer that we can't. 

17 minutes ago, The Cat said:

And European football.

re: West Ham

arn't they having issues of their own with Squad / Money - not made a singing yet i believe (except confirming Dawson)

the players that go them to EL is not coming back? (Lingard)

Below is the list of just the senior players they have outside of the starting XI ? That's pretty concerning

From a West Ham site:

Tbf there's probably other clubs whose fans can't believe they haven't done any business because they only have one fit left back, or only have elderly past it cover at CM, or no capable cover at CB, or they're only one injury away from not having enough attacking mdfielders for the way they play.  We just never hear about it...

:rolleyes:

So we’ve lost Balbs, Felipe, J Lingz,  Haller already. Yarmers likely to be sold or given away if he ever recovers from covid, and I’m sure I’ve missed one or two  as well. 

Four or five players needed just to keep the numbers up for a busier season. 

and basically the only player we seem to be realistically chasing is a goalkeeper. 

awesome 

Blimey some of their fans would fit in very well with some of ours 😉

I would assume they would be very interested in Ings but dependant on money knowing the dildo brothers

Edited by le_tiss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OttawaSaint said:

I’m pretty sure once none of the big 6 come for him he’ll go to West Ham or similar.

I know it's depressing but I can't look past this either. I want to believe in the Blackmore comments that he "wouldn't even go to Spurs", but why wouldn't he? If we're sat here struggling to spend anything then I can't see him wanting to waste his final years.

6 hours ago, RedArmy said:

You miss the point. He was simply talking about value, as in even if they paid 40-50m for Ings he'd think that was better value than 160m for Kane. 

It'd surprise me if he's after trophies. He's been there done that and it didn't work out for him. At his age he'll be looking for that 1 final bumper contract to see out his career. If he doesn't get a good offer and we're offering a payrise he might just take it.

13 hours ago, le_tiss said:

re: West Ham

arn't they having issues of their own with Squad / Money - not made a singing yet i believe (except confirming Dawson)

the players that go them to EL is not coming back? (Lingard)

Below is the list of just the senior players they have outside of the starting XI ? That's pretty concerning

From a West Ham site:

:rolleyes:

Blimey some of their fans would fit in very well with some of ours 😉

I would assume they would be very interested in Ings but dependant on money knowing the dildo brothers

Well it’s nailed on …allegedly because Windass a very apt name says so https://thisisfutbol.com/2021/07/blogs/premier-league/west-ham/exclusive-dean-windass-thinks-west-ham-are-nailed-on-to-sign-saints-danny-ings-e181/amp/

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

I know he gets a lot of assists, but he also got 23 goals last season, someone else must have assisted those ffs. 

Son basically, 17 goals, 10 assists, no one else got more than 4.  But yeh basically Kane is a big part of their creativity and how they play. 

20 minutes ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

I've said this from day one, none of the clubs Ings would consider going to are going to come in for him, the transfer window will shut and he will decide to sign a new contract that will give him security.

No one can blame him for keeping his options open.

Long way to go yet, especially when Kane goes. I think he will 'reassess' how good Spurs are...

29 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Spurs possibly out of Ings race?

Not as yet, spurs have been rejected by a couple of targets now in Kounde and Romero. Could easily fail to get this guy and turn to Ings after paying over the odds to get someone.

6 minutes ago, DT said:

Long way to go yet, especially when Kane goes. I think he will 'reassess' how good Spurs are...

He can reassess Spurs all he likes, but if he wants CL football that certainly ain’t happening next season and is no certainty the season after either.

24 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

He can reassess Spurs all he likes, but if he wants CL football that certainly ain’t happening next season and is no certainty the season after either.

Spurs won’t be seeing Champions League football anytime soon. Without Kane and with Nuno at the helm they will slip comfortably into that 6-9th band.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Danny Ings