Danny Ings

sisi1992

Yeh so he's greedy then. Oh well, at least its a good amount, I mean he is 29 and injury prone with 1 year left on his contract, so getting £30 million is a decent amount.

But just be honest FFS, you wanted more money, don't give all this BS about 'wanting to test yourself'. he's swapped middle table for maybe slightly more upwardly mobile mid table but no fucking way Villa are getting champions league before his legs are gone.

Can we go buy a striker for £25 million now please with better hamstrings and knees than Ings.

Don't want to ish anyone will, probably similar decision we'd all make, but won't stop me laughing if he spends half the season in the physio room. 

Edited by tajjuk
  • Like 2

TBF who would have thought 2 years ago that we would sell him on for a profit. Very surprised if he plays in half of Villa’s games over the next three years. Only a three year contract too, I thought we had offered him a 4 year deal…….!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It’s a good deal. Surprised there were no leaks or rumours at all. Hopefully can spend all the money and bring a couple of decent players in. Let’s remember he had one outstanding season and two injury my hit ones so with a a year left it’s a good deal provided we spend the money well

£30m is decent but where the fuck did that come from?! Must have offered him some crazy dollars, perhaps to jump ahead of Spurs. I bet you there'll be no signs of "long Covid" now he's got his move. 

1 minute ago, tajjuk said:

Yeh so he's greedy then. Oh well, at least its a good amount, I mean he is 29 and injury prone with 1 year left on his contract, so getting £30 million is a decent amount.

But just be honest FFS, you wanted more money, don't give all this BS about 'wanting to test yourself'. he's swapped middle table for maybe slightly more upwardly mobile mid table but no fucking way Villa are getting champions league before his legs are gone.

Villa have just signed our best player pal. There is no maybe about it

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

I suppose not.

Sorry, should have clarified. Went to Brockenhurst College at the same time as him. Never had anything to do with him but he was on the peripheries of an extended part of a friend group. Wasn't a Saints fan then. I've also never seen him publicly say he's a Saints fan either. Just that he'd "returned to where he grew up". 

I'm absolutely gobsmacked by that, and I have to say I never thought I'd dislike the bloke, but that is a dick move. Even Spurs would have made more sense, especially with Kane leaving etc. This is purely money-based, nothing else.

Honestly, this one hurts. Even Liverpool would have hurt less! He's basically fucked off his hometown club for a few extra quid. Had the chance to become a legend at the club that picked him up and rebuilt him, and chose the money.

Fuck him.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

Just now, beatlesaint said:

Who is scoring the goals to keep us up? Nobody we’ve currently got that’s for fukin sure!

Most teams in this league survive without a 20 goal a season striker. Ings only scored 3 goals more than Adams last season. We'll be fine.

• Like 5

Clearly a rushed transfer by Villa, trying to get the good news in before Grealish sale is confirmed.

Best outcome we could have hoped for in terms of monetary gains - also nice to see his real motivation come to the fore.

Massive couple of weeks now, got to make this money count.

Just now, IFHP said:

Perhaps this move now will convince some that Aston Villa is a step up from Saints 

Is Ings not the king of the scummers any more ..

For the short-term yes they are. However, they aren't and I'm going to confidently say won't be in the upper echelons for long.

I doubt they will even have a period like we did 4 seasons in a row from 2013 to 2016. 

Eventually things somewhat restore to natural order, only Leicester have been bucking that trend somewhat. 

With one good transfer window similar to WHU with Coufal, Soucek etc etc and some good due diligence and effective scouting finishing top 8 is difficult, but doable. 

£30 mil for a bloke who’s going on 30 with 2 dodgy knees and a year left on his contract is great value. Much rather we sold him and invested the money wisely than have him moping about for the whole year and leaving on a free next year. He only scored 5 goals since January, of which I’m pretty sure 1 or 2 were pens. Good luck to him and his champions league dream 😂

• Like 4

Liverpool only have a 20% sell on profit, not net. We paid 18 mil + a 2 mil loan fee so they will get 20% of 12 million. Not a bad deal for us in the end. He clearly didn't want to stay and as long as we didn't get shafted I really couldn't care less where he's gone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Embarrassed for him going to Villa though.

This. At least at £30m for someone out of contract next year, injury prone and been putting in half-arsed effort, we've royally screwed them.

And no way do I think it's a step up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint_Ash said:

Shocking. All about money for Saints and Ings. Thought he wanted Champs League.

For 30m mate it's a decent outcome. Freshen things up now and not worry about having to replace him next season with no money!!

2 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Who is scoring the goals to keep us up? Nobody we’ve currently got that’s for fukin sure!

Ings is obviously the best finisher we’ve got when he’s fit, but his fitness is a bit of a coin toss that’s not going to get better as time goes on.

We didn’t do too bad at spreading the goals out last season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/top-scorers

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Most teams in this league survive without a 20 goal a season striker. Ings only scored 3 goals more than Adams last season. We'll be fine.

If we improve our defending to the extent we concede less than 55 goals our attack shouldn't be a problem in terms of goals scored.

4 minutes ago, nta786 said:

For the short-term yes they are. However, they aren't and I'm going to confidently say won't be in the upper echelons for long.

I doubt they will even have a period like we did 4 seasons in a row from 2013 to 2016. 

Eventually things somewhat restore to natural order, only Leicester have been bucking that trend somewhat. 

With one good transfer window similar to WHU with Coufal, Soucek etc etc and some good due diligence and effective scouting finishing top 8 is difficult, but doable. 

No short term about it - Villa are a bigger club then we could ever hope to be.

• Like 2

As i said the other day on Villa, Smith should be out of the door if they're not in and around Top 6 - with or without Grealish.

It's a shame that a club only just recently promoted, and one we done 6-1 only a few seasons back, have managed to get the right investment to propel them into a Universe we can only dream of. This is where it's hard to compete in this league when you have clubs like Villa operating at these levels now.

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

20% of the profit apparently, which was £10m as we bought him for £20m. So around £2m owed to pool.

Profit was 12mil as 2mil of the fee we paid was the original loan fee which probably won't be included. 

Absolutely gutted, think we were all expecting him to leave but for Villa? Such a sideways move and feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth.

I wish him, somewhat reluctantly, good luck. He'll always be a legend to me for his goals against the Skates.

£30m is big though for a player with 9 months left on his contract, though supposedly Liverpool get 20% of the profit so £2m.

I wish I trusted the club to reinvest it sensibly... but I really don't..!

Edited by igsey
can't maths

1 minute ago, igsey said:

I wish I trusted the club to reinvest it sensibly... but I really don't..!

Not sure why I see these comments now. Think we're still scared by the Reed and Wilson years, but I honestly think the scouting has gone up notches now. This is the first time they've had genuine money to play with, so let's see if my optimism is justified!

Edited by S-Clarke

• Lighthouse changed the title to Danny Ings