Southampton 3-2 Burnley - Match Thread

Saint_Jonny

Good response since going 2-0 down. Ings and armstrong both done very well! Redmond having a decent game as well (wont say this very often).

But why oh why did we wait until 2-0 down to start playing like this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

It’s not for VAR to decide that. If they show the final contact they should also show the build up.

It is. The referee only looks at the build up to a goal if var think he’s made an error. Var look at every build up to every goal, the referee only looks when var think he’s made an error 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Who says Southampton v Burnley would be a dull 0-0 draw? Mee at fault there but Danny so composed, compare that to the panic in that position of Theo or Che. Theo could’ve had a tap in before that but wasted Redmond’s good byeline work by not running in front of the defender and that’s about anticipation. Dyche will do his nut at the defending before Ht, very un-Burnley like. Need to not give them a soft third here before the break. 

Class from Ings. Him and Armstrong are the difference between 2 pretty poor teams. 

A shame we cannot start a game like this amd only wake up when we go a goal or 2 down. Surely questions have to be asked of Ralph’s ability to get the lads fired up for it. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, trousers said:

Afternoon all. I missed most of the first half. Seems like a good fane. First 6 or 7 pages on here worth a read?

Good for a laugh. Someone said it was over after 15 minutes

Edited by Ohio Saint

1 minute ago, trousers said:

Afternoon all. I missed most of the first half. Seems like a good game. First 6 or 7 pages on here worth a read?

Hehe not unless you like over reactions and implausible optimism followed by people taking the moral high ground for being proven right for the first time in 2 years. 

4min isn't seems a bit harsh. Was expecting 5min for the number of stoppages in this half.

3 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Forum experts having a shocker today. 

From this I translate you were happy with how we were playing upto 2-0 down? 

1 minute ago, trousers said:

Afternoon all. I missed most of the first half. Seems like a good fane. First 6 or 7 pages on here worth a read?

Yeah, were already relegated, Ralphs got to go and the whole team is shit.    Start at page 8. 🙄😀

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

Why the fuck is Vesty not picking him up? 

I guess that Woods runs towards the space Bednarek is marking and then as he makes the run the ball is played to that area. 

How we stop that is up to Hassenhuttl to sort at half time. 

• Like 1

Why the fuck is Vesty not picking him up? 

Thought the same. For some reason JB is challenging the first ball and JV is taking the flick on. Wrong way round surely. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SKD said:

Yes. Because drawing 2-2 and going 2-0 down to Burnley is a fantastic result. 

Calm down!

They just wanted it more, then we wanted it a bit more than that and hopefully in the second half, the wanting it more will be more us than them.

Edited by OttawaSaint

1 minute ago, SKD said:

If we’re playing shite, you’re not allowed to state that. Particularly when we’re 2-0 down. You need to post “happy clappy come on lads, we an do this” type of posts. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Cat said:

How we stop that is up to Hassenhuttl to sort at half time. 

I’m old school, the senior pros need to sort that out, not wait for the manager. Why’s Golden Bollocks not organising, he’s the skipper, his jobs is not just tossing the coin. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 1

The first 20 mins of that was a disgrace, it was the lack of effort and the lack of winning any 50-50's that irked me. Keep turning up in games like that and they'll be finding new clubs in the summer.

But we actually responded and we showed some belief. We started doing what we should have started doing, putting them under pressure outside the box, playing quickly in and around the box, getting down the sides etc. That' how you beat Burnley - you have to play quickly and stretch their centre backs, get down the sides etc.

Didn't really want the first half to end as we were so on top, but the 2nd half is going to be different. Let's hope we can actually turn up in a 2nd half for once and turn a game around fully. We've got a chance if we keep the tempo up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SKD said:

Drawing 2-2 isn't bad. 

The issue is we let in a goal and a load of people throw their toys out of the pram. There were already signs before their second goal that we were getting into the game and finding decent pockets of space. Enough to show that we'd create a few decent chances. Take one and the whole game changes, and that's exactly what happened.

• Like 2

Now that we are at 2-2 don’t know why its beyond reason for us to criticise the team when they were 2-0 down.

Equally, I’ll give credit where its due to the lads for fighting back. Let’s hope it finishes 4-2 or something that would be nice

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

If we’re playing shite, you’re not allowed to state that. Particularly when we’re 2-0 down. You need to post “happy clappy come on lads, we an do this” type of posts. 

Ahhhh shit, I pissed the bed and slit my wrists, guess I got that wrong then...

I’m old school, the senior pros need to sort that out, not wait for the manager. Why’s Golden Bollocks not organising, he’s the skipper, he’s jobs not just tossing the coin. 

The only option is that Vestergaard man marks Woods, but I'm sure Burnley would find a way to counter that. 

Just now, nta786 said:

Now that we are at 2-2 don’t know why its beyond reason for us to criticise the team when they were 2-0 down.

Equally, I’ll give credit where its due to the lads for fighting back. Let’s hope it finishes 4-2 or something that would be nice

Oh absolutely they deserve criticism. We couldn't keep the ball and defensively we were all over the place.

Just now, The Cat said:

The only option is that Vestergaard man marks Woods, but I'm sure Burnley would find a way to counter that. 

If we're worried about not being able to defend against Woods, then our defenders are not good enough for this level.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 3-2 Burnley - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic