Chelsea 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

whelk

29 minutes ago, Mr X said:

We will struggle, Adams and armstrong don't look like scoring at the moment, broja and tella must be tried 

True , the midfield are not helping either, if they could chip in with a few goals and killer balls it would make a huge difference.

• Like 1

On 28/09/2021 at 22:53, SalmonSi said:

A typical plucky Saints performance, really getting at them and dominating for long spells; eventually being outclassed 4-2.

you can see a team that hasn't scored a goal in 3 games scoring 2 against the what is probably the league's best defence and who have only conceded twice and kept 4 clean sheets?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maya's Dad said:

you can see a team that hasn't scored a goal in 3 games scoring 2 against the what is probably the league's best defence and who have only conceded twice and kept 4 clean sheets?

It seems highly probable that we will not add to our goals scored tally this weekend.

• Haha 1

We've done ok at Chelsea recently but I think Lukaku will make a huge difference in this weekend's game. When they had Drogba leading the line they often put us to the sword and I think we'll struggle similarly to contain Lukaku. If they didn't have him I'd fancy us for at least a draw but he's a striker that usually does well against us.

6 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

FFS! Absolute insanity.  Having a vaccine significantly reduces the amount of time the body takes to "get rid" of the virus, therefore, obviously reducing the rate at which a vaccinated person can spread it.  This isn't even science, it's having the logic of a fucking 3 year old.

No its doesn't, you really are gullible. You can still catch covid and spread covid just as easily as someone that hasn't vaccinated. Look as Israel who are the most vaccinated country in the world and who are now on their 4th booster shots but still having spiralling infection rates.....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

We've done ok at Chelsea recently but I think Lukaku will make a huge difference in this weekend's game. When they had Drogba leading the line they often put us to the sword and I think we'll struggle similarly to contain Lukaku. If they didn't have him I'd fancy us for at least a draw but he's a striker that usually does well against us.

3 hours ago, Teddeer said:

If they pass to him which they singularly failed to do against Juve

3 hours ago, magnet said:

No its doesn't, you really are gullible. You can still catch covid and spread covid just as easily as someone that hasn't vaccinated. Look as Israel who are the most vaccinated country in the world and who are now on their 4th booster shots but still having spiralling infection rates.....

Or look at the UK and see how vaccines have brought the spread under control.

21 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Jesus Christ, are people still this dim?

21 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

But at full risk of passing it on to others. These are very expensive assets who are making themselves unavailable for work.

You still get it and pass it on, regardless of being vaccinated, yes?

11 hours ago, LiberalCommunist said:

I'm glad we've got Chelsea and not Burnley this weekend. That's all I'm saying. 

Me too. Seem to raise our game against the big sides (almost always have?) and play like dog dirt against those we are 'expected' to beat (always have?)

Something in the DNA

Just seen that Chelsea have only conceded 3 goals in all competitions so far this season.

Time for some Divine Intervention.

The three opposition scorers have been Jesus, Mohamed and Chiesa (church in Italian) so if the Gods are looking down on the Saints then we may have a chance tomorrow….

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 100%Red&White said:

Just seen that Chelsea have only conceded 3 goals in all competitions so far this season.

The three opposition scorers have been Jesus, Mohamed and Chiesa (church in Italian) so if the Gods are looking down on the Saints then we may have a chance tomorrow….

very good

Time to bring back Le God

28 minutes ago, 100%Red&White said:

28 minutes ago, 100%Red&White said:

We are Saints after all

Edited by Badger

On 27/09/2021 at 21:11, Sideways Jim said:

........... Mccarthy 

KWP Bednarek Salisu Perraud 

............... Romeu 

Livramento JWP Diallo Djenepo 

.......... Armstrong 

Hopefully helps us gain a point 🤞🏻

Shame Broja cant play in this one

Apart from Tella for Djenepo, I think this is as strong as we can be

2 hours ago, 100%Red&White said:

Very clever. Well done.

So, we have  Mohamed Elyounoussi, Mohammed Salisu, and apparently the Italian translation of Livramento (according to Google) is DELIVERANCE!  Not forgetting Che Adam&Eve.

0-4 to Saints. EASY!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

Very clever. Well done.

So, we have  Mohamed Elyounoussi, Mohammed Salisu, and apparently the Italian translation of Livramento (according to Google) is DELIVERANCE!  Not forgetting Che Adam&Eve.

0-4 to Saints. EASY!

I can't take credit, just saw it and passed it on!

But "0-4 to Saints" ...Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey, I'll take that!

Judging by the pictures from training we think playing rock, scissors, paper is the way forward. Hope it works and presumably the coaches think it is more productive than practising pass and move, playing between the lines, defending and shooting 🙂

2 hours ago, danjosaint said:

I agree with this as well,  but we know Ralph and the comedy unbalanced line up that will get put out tom

You mean like the comedic, unbalanced, line ups that saw us get draws against Utd, City and in form, free scoring, West Ham? Those selections?

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Minsk said:

You mean like the comedic, unbalanced, line ups that saw us get draws against Utd, City and in form, free scoring, West Ham? Those selections?

To be fair, since those matches we've lost Stevens to injury and he'll be out of action for quite a few matches. Stevens has become a force in our defence, and his absence highlights weaknesses - obvious on Saturday - as  a result of not having Premier quality cover.   That is Gao's fault and our worry.

I've heard the weather tomorrow is apparently horrible. 

Our boys are absolutely terrible in wet conditions (see Newcastle away last season).

In fact, I don't remember the last time we won when it was raining.

Lukaku will have a field day against Bednarek and Salisu! [I hope I am wrong] 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Our boys are absolutely terrible in wet conditions (see Newcastle away last season).

I worry for JWP’s quiff 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nta786 said:

To be fair, some of us can't remember the last time we won when it WASN'T raining.  

• Haha 1

can ralph just admit he has been getting it wrong, suck it up, and put tella in the starting 11

dont care if its for adams armstrong djenepo redmond or ely. on his appearances from end of last season he offers more than any of those

from those djenepo ely adams tella would be my pick. with armstrong to obviously come in when fit. yes djenepo is useless but redmond is equally appalling. at least with djenepo we can see some effort

• Like 1

On 30/09/2021 at 09:32, Jeremy Corbyn said:

FFS! Absolute insanity.  Having a vaccine significantly reduces the amount of time the body takes to "get rid" of the virus, therefore, obviously reducing the rate at which a vaccinated person can spread it.  This isn't even science, it's having the logic of a fucking 3 year old.

You Corbyn worshippers like to give it large about ‘kinder gentler politics’ etc but actually you’re all pretty nasty . 

• Haha 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Chelsea 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic