Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

52 minutes ago, Marsdinho said:

Yeah, could be some awkward moments ahead

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2021-09-08/southampton-fc-hummel-show-your-support-to-the-saints-lgbtq-fanbase

Leviticus 20:13

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them

Looks fairly clear from Leviticus. 

Perhaps the club should introduce pre-match or half time stonings. Might boost attendance. 

• Haha 1

Caught 30 seconds of 606 with Savage and Sutton while making tea. Something very much like...

"Oh yes, Wright and Bright. They were a great partnership."
"Have you had any great partnerships, Chris?"
"One or two"
"Do you think we're a great partnership, Chris?"
"It's not for us to say, Robbie. If we were to say we were great, then we'd sound like Nathan Jones."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Saintscummer said:

When I stuck up not for him but to give him a chance some 🛎 end accused me of being his family. 

it scared me to think of a typical football fan running a club. It would be like Pompey under redknapp. 

I was at the Fulham and Brighton games and things were not that bad. Forest was one game but people even now are crapping on about it. One game under a new manager. 

we might go down and we might have the wrong manager but the lunatics nearly took over the asylum. That’s more scary 

Brighton was really bad, parts of yesterday were bad (mostly terrible individual errors) and Fulham first half and last 10 minutes were bad.

We definitively look better as a team though as the games come thick and fast but could have easily lost or drew that yesterday had certain errors been punished.

Fantastic week.

NJ’s tenure will of course end at some point. It’s just a matter of weeks, months or years dependant on results as always. 

His achievements in a very short space of time has probably given the bookies a complete headache. 

Half the games played, with another 25 / 27 points needed (if the narrative remains the same). 

He has a great forceful and full on belief in himself, which appears to be rubbing off on the squad at the moment. That is great as he is still (just about) in the honeymoon period.

I hope that this doesn’t go pear shaped when the inevitable poor run of form happens for 2 or 3 games as with any team. 

To me he still comes across as an excitable dad running an under 10s grass roots Sunday league team. Telling everyone in the club house after the game how good he is. 

I hope I’m wrong, I really do and the last press conference shows me he is learning and beginning to understand that he isn’t dealing with teams and players in the EFL like he has upto now. 

The big lights scrutiny, big money and personalities I hope is beginning to sink in now. 

I hope he continues this weeks form, as ultimately this means the mighty Saints continue where we belong. 

COYR 👍👍👍👍

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Saint Gifford said:

Fantastic week.

NJ’s tenure will of course end at some point. It’s just a matter of weeks, months or years dependant on results as always. 

His achievements in a very short space of time has probably given the bookies a complete headache. 

Half the games played, with another 25 / 27 points needed (if the narrative remains the same). 

He has a great forceful and full on belief in himself, which appears to be rubbing off on the squad at the moment. That is great as he is still (just about) in the honeymoon period.

I hope that this doesn’t go pear shaped when the inevitable poor run of form happens for 2 or 3 games as with any team. 

To me he still comes across as an excitable dad running an under 10s grass roots Sunday league team. Telling everyone in the club house after the game how good he is. 

I hope I’m wrong, I really do and the last press conference shows me he is learning and beginning to understand that he isn’t dealing with teams and players in the EFL like he has upto now. 

The big lights scrutiny, big money and personalities I hope is beginning to sink in now. 

I hope he continues this weeks form, as ultimately this means the mighty Saints continue where we belong. 

COYR 👍👍👍👍

According to  many pundits on here, we don't belong in the Premier League. In fact we've been there for ten years and have held our own amazingly well considering limited finances compared with others. And we have produced some of the best players even if they have played their best years with other clubs I don't know why fans downplay our achievements. 

• Like 2

You know one thing for certain by now, Nathan Jones is giving the opportunity with us everything he has.

He looks to be learning as he goes and, after the last few games, doing a decent job of it. 

Many of us have said how worried we were after the Forest game. It really looked like we were in series trouble with a manger who wasn’t capable of sorting it. 

The City game was amazing and showed Jones could get this team playing. To follow that with a win at Everton, in what was a very seriously nervy game, backed up the City performance.

Outside of set pieces, we definitely look better at the back, much more difficult to play against and score against.

We have signed two attacking players and our captain has been given a new lease of life. The last week has been great, I am getting excited about the rest of the season!  

We have a low starting point so 17th is great but what can we do in the cups?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

As another Jones in traveller who also received a load of clog, I agree with every word. Some people clearly jumped the shark when we had a non league manager stating; he’s out of his depth, Lyanco wouldn’t get in the Havant side, and bizarrely that a bloke who hasn’t played since, faked his injury. Posters lapped it up. 

I was also in the give him time camp, but beware it is not the time for told you so quite yet. I like his passion and he will bring the fans with him, he owes the players like Che and JWP a lot as they have shown their keenness to back him .That immediately makes fans think that he may not be that bad. 

The twerp who said KWP disliked him was soon shown to be a bull@@@@ merchant

11 hours ago, Saint IQ said:

Brighton was really bad, parts of yesterday were bad (mostly terrible individual errors) and Fulham first half and last 10 minutes were bad.

We definitively look better as a team though as the games come thick and fast but could have easily lost or drew that yesterday had certain errors been punished.

Let me start by saying that I was as much against NJ's appointment as anyone else, but I've seen recently....... v Palace: - "We won because they made errors and gifted us the goals"......v Man City:- "Yeah but it was a City 2nd string"......v Everton:- "yeah but without JWP we would have lost". We have just won three on the trot, two away from home and all against Prem sides....Oh and have progressed in two Cups and beaten a relegation rival on their own patch. At what point do the team and the manager start getting some real credit for what has happened? 

Edited by miserableoldgit
  • Like 8

42 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Let me start by saying that I was as much against NJ's appointment as anyone else, but I've seen recently....... v Palace: - "We won because they made errors and gifted us the goals"......v Man City:- "Yeah but it was a City 2nd string"......v Everton:- "yeah but without JWP we would have lost". We have just won three on the trot, two away from home and all against Prem sides....Oh and have progressed in two Cups and beaten a relegation rival on their own patch. At what point do the team and the manager start getting some real credit for what has happened? 

I speak for all Saints fans everywhere and we'd all collectively like to say that the manager and team deserve some real credit for what has happened.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

The Man City performance was very good and the result at Everton was excellent. Defensively we weren't too bad against CP, but going forward wasn't great and we were gifted two goals, we didn't look like winning without them. 

4 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

The Man City performance was very good and the result at Everton was excellent. Defensively we weren't too bad against CP, but going forward wasn't great and we were gifted two goals, we didn't look like winning without them. 

Armstrongs goal at Palace was as much about him chasing down the keeper from his own half as the keepers mistake.....the keeper made the mistake because of Armstrongs chasing down.....

• Like 5

On 15/01/2023 at 12:09, Lord Duckhunter said:

Typical Soggy. 

Pages & pages of people wanting him sacked, with just a few of us defending him, no sign of Soggy urging us to remain calm and give him a chance. . All of a sudden he wins 3 games and  here comes Soggy preaching. 😂😂😂

Typical Duckie, looking for any opportunity to have a pop at someone he has got it in for just because I have called him out for being a Farage/UKIP brown noser.

It seemed pointless making any comments a few games in, especially as there was some much vitriol flying around, but it is interesting that you still feel the need to have a dig even when you agree with me. Oh, and for the record, my comments had nothing to do with the three wins which you would know if you had bothered to read my post properly instead of rushing to post  another silly response which misses my point entirely.

Edited by sadoldgit
Add text
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

If i could be arsed I would go back through you posts and see if you made similar comments about any of Danny Ings goal where closed down the keeper and scored off the back of it. I suspect that doesn't fit your narrative though. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Hmmmmmm - I hadn't realised that how it works

I wouldn't exactly call them gifts - Skate Donkey bowls over Aribo, up steps a chap exceptional enough to put a ball on a sixpence and bamboozle the opposition - considering his precision I bet like a sniper JWP had already read the wind v trajectory. Then Armstrong spotted an opportunity and had the presence of mind to light up the afterburners and harry the keeper who fumbled - he still had to put the ball in the net. Opportunities presented themselves and we maximised the situation. 

A win, is a win - if the ball deviates off a passing Bluebottles backside by a millimetre into the back of the net for a Saints goal - I'll take that all day long 😁     

Edited by John Boy Saint
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wild-saint said:

If i could be arsed I would go back through you posts and see if you made similar comments about any of Danny Ings goal where closed down the keeper and scored off the back of it. I suspect that doesn't fit your narrative though. 

Narrative? so what part of me saying we were very good against Man City fits that narrative.

Of course AA goal was a valid goal, but those types of goals and JWP free kick going straight in are far a few between. We were poor going forward, not one long ball made it to it's target, aimless looping balls from defence to midfield, very little creativity. It didn't work at all, which I'm sure prompted a change in tactics for the Man City game.

Saying we only won at Palace because we were gifted goals isn't that far from the truth.

It's a challenge for teams like us to get the defence and attack both working well, let's see if NJ can.

6 minutes ago, LGTL said:

How’s his 50% win ratio looking? 1 win in 6 where it matters. 0 goals scored at home. Nice one Nath. 

To be fair we did score a perfectly good goal today until the PLs finest decided laying down and whining constitutes a foul🙄

But yeah, looks like the City game was a blip. I'd like nothing more than to see Jones succeed but its clear he either isn't going to, or needs time to do it, time we just don't have. Its still an out for me, and do it now while the season can just about be saved.

• Like 1

Why did we go to 5 at back again when it’s proved time and time again it doesn’t work?

Left Lyanco on who had been booked, took off best midfielder and only player with pace!

At least golden bollocks Elynoussi got on and changed the game! Or not! What exactly was that substitution meant to do?

No pace no power can’t tackle yet gets put on again.

Great recruiting Saints 2 signed can’t get a game when you are utter garbage 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Maggie May said:

One win in six PL games for NJ.

Rather like Pelligrino, our progress in the Cups has - for the board anyway - masked our run of form, and papered over the cracks.

Personally I can't see Semmens/Rasmus attracting someone to make a significant difference in the outcome of our season. Nor are they likely to publicly be seen to admit the error. We therefore have to put our hope in NJ, and that the boardroom buffoons bring in the players they should have done for RH beforehand. 

Not holding out much hope on the recruitment frankly.

Jones interview is up on BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64272710

my favourite nuggets….

”We’re a really really difficult side to beat”. No Nath, we aren’t. We’ve lost 7 of our last 8 league games.

“If you take out counter attacks and set plays we don’t concede any goals”. Right….

”The performance levels are there, we have to turn them into productive results”. Cups aside, our performance levels have been below par.

Keep talking the good talk Jonesey. Fucking rubbish today nipper.

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Rather like Pelligrino, our progress in the Cups has - for the board anyway - masked our run of form, and papered over the cracks.

Personally I can't see Semmens/Rasmus attracting someone to make a significant difference in the outcome of our season. Nor are they likely to publicly be seen to admit the error. We therefore have to put our hope in NJ, and that the boardroom buffoons bring in the players they should have done for RH beforehand. 

Not holding out much hope on the recruitment frankly.

Let the good times roll 🤷‍♂️

Absolutely going down with him in charge. No question. Changing formations about six times a game. Regularly makes three subs at a time. Here is a fuckin clue Nathan, pick the right team from the beginning with the right set up. I really believe that an experienced top level manager would have got us out of thus with a decent transfer window. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

my favourite nuggets….

”We’re a really really difficult side to beat”. No Nath, we aren’t. We’ve lost 7 of our last 8 league games.

“If you take our counter attacks and set plays we don’t concede any goals”. Right….

”The performance levels are there, we have to turn them into productive results”. Cups aside, our performance levels have been below par.

Absolutely fuckin deluded

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

my favourite nuggets….

“If you take our counter attacks and set plays we don’t concede any goals”. Right….

Worrying. A manager who can't see what's wrong a board that can't see what's wrong. 

Are the club trying to get relegated? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrew Watson said:

Emery has an ordinary Villa side winning league games, Jones has a poor side losing most league games, know which one would have kept us up.

I know which one was most likely to ever come to us though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Absolutely going down with him in charge. No question. Changing formations about six times a game. Regularly makes three subs at a time. Here is a fuckin clue Nathan, pick the right team from the beginning with the right set up. I really believe that an experienced top level manager would have got us out of thus with a decent transfer window. 

I'm resigned to it to be honest. The upturn in form means he has the season so no point in crying about it. The only hope is that some of our new signings are brilliant and somehow claw us to safety. Without a striker though we're going down for definite and there doesn't seem to be much desire from the club to get one. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Question for everyone - if we go down, should we sack or keep Jones?

For me, I wouldn't want him here.

I think it depends on the manner of the relegation. If we go down on the last day after heroic performances then he will have earnt his right. If its like it is now then he should leave. He's pretty easy to dislike. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

I think it depends on the manner of the relegation. If we go down on the last day after heroic performances then he will have earnt his right. If its like it is now then he should leave. He's pretty easy to dislike. 

Agree with this.

If we go down I expect the board will keep him as he has knowledge of the Championship. 

But if we go down without a fight then I fear the negativity surrounding the manager will carry into next season and be difficult to shake off. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Archers Road Stand said:

The guy is clueless and a flukey win over City doesn't change anything. 

Get him gone. Absolute shite appointment from the clowns in charge of the club.  

Why does he scratch himself like a flea-infested monkey during press conferences?

Odious individual, one impossible to whom to warm.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!