Saints 1-4 Leicester - Match Thread

AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

TBH so could we, it’s like watching two teams playing themselves. I think both teams will be up there this season, on what I’ve seen so far. We need a settled defence, which will take time, but when we get there we’re going to give a few teams a proper pasting.

The most important thing for me is the players look like they have a plan and some ideas. There are still far too many mistakes but we do at least look like we know what we’re trying to do.

We couldn't have had 5. Don't be ridiculous.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

TBH so could we, it’s like watching two teams playing themselves. I think both teams will be up there this season, on what I’ve seen so far. We need a settled defence, which will take time, but when we get there we’re going to give a few teams a proper pasting.

The most important thing for me is the players look like they have a plan and some ideas. There are still far too many mistakes but we do at least look like we know what we’re trying to do.

Oh my god. If that's 'what we're trying to do' then god help us. What I'm seeing is absolutely embarrassing, schoolboy levels of disorganised shit that any manager should be fucking ashamed of 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Rubbish.

• Like 1

This club is still a shambles. Still trying to be more clever than everyone else and this is what we deservedly get. It will be a surprise if we concede less than 5 today. Glad they had two weeks to work on the defensive shape and tactics. Our owners really need to just go away so we can get someone that might actually appoint something other than a no-name, no-hoper to teach the basics of football to these wasters.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

What are you smoking? They look clueless to martins tactics

• Like 2

Shocking - absolutely awful - manager takes responsibility and must leave ASAP. Get Potter in for Christ's sake - he would sort out defence - Best CBs on the pitch and still 3 goals conceded. Midfield non existent - how is Smallbone getting a new contract let alone first pick! Can't see any more points this month!

• Like 1

I'm usually a supporter, but Smallbone needs to be hooked, unbelievable ball watching several times. He's not the only one though, utter shambles through the middle. Not convinced by Downes either. Bazunu has been good (apart from the suicide ball to Smallbone).

Edited by VectisSaint
  • Like 1

Appallingly bad defensively - and that is on the manager. He's had 2.5 months with them and a great many games now.... and yet still a bunch of u10's would default to better defensive positions than he has us playing. No CDM, fullbacks out of position, no pressing, suicidal playing out from the back when the opposition is setup to press it perfectly and we have had success at playing longer from Baz. Just shocking. Sunderland was one thing, but its clear he not only hasn't learned, but that he is not interested in learning. Also pressing in 1s is pointless, we just waste energy, and free up a Leicester player in the middle which allows them to very quickly spread the ball up field and put us under pressure - basics!! Playing against us must be like taking candy from a child.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 2

Mental first half. You couldn't cut that down for a highlights package because someone was either scoring or nearly scoring pretty much every minute.

Feel a bit sorry for the CB's. Both young, one never played for us before and the other isn't really a CB and should be playing in midfield.

This could end up 8-5 or something stupid.

• Like 1

Bazunu kept us in that, yes he should’ve done better with the third goal but then again the midfield and defence shouldn’t have allowed the Leicester player to waltz through.

We’d have conceded more tonight with McCarthy in goal.

Manning (poor), Downes (poor, Charles (he’s not a CB), Smallbone (poor) can all go at half time.

Bring on Sulemana, Alcaraz and Stu.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-4 Leicester - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic