Osvaldo to Juventus (Confirmed)

Saint Garrett

Osvaldo, What will happen?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Osvaldo, What will happen?

I only hope we have him well insured as I can see one of the many enemies he must have made taking a pop at him in revenge. Guys like him one day will finally meet their just reward. Good riddance to the worse player ever to put on a Saints shirt.

Same here. Thought the Cantona/DiCanio/Ginola effect would rub off on him -that he would come to England, a country that has a habit of turning outsiders into cult heroes and would be thankful to leave behind the politicking and cynicism of the continental game.

At one point, I did think he genuinely wanted to make it here but was undone by his lack of progress and impact. And rather than roll his sleeves up and fight, he decided to run.

Really....I think Jose would disagree:)

I only hope we have him well insured as I can see one of the many enemies he must have made taking a pop at him in revenge. Guys like him one day will finally meet their just reward. Good riddance to the worst player ever to put on a Saints shirt.

So bad he has 12 caps for Italy.

Same here. Thought the Cantona/DiCanio/Ginola effect would rub off on him -that he would come to England, a country that has a habit of turning outsiders into cult heroes and would be thankful to leave behind the politicking and cynicism of the continental game.

At one point, I did think he genuinely wanted to make it here but was undone by his lack of progress and impact. And rather than roll his sleeves up and fight, he decided to run.

The difference is the players you've named performed before their brushes with referees , fans or whatever. Lets not forget this chump was a ****ing let down BEFORE the incident with Jose. All I keep hearing or reading was how good he is ECT . Not in a saints shirt, he wasn't. He was poor, with a poor attitude. I would have shipped him out this Jan regardless of whether he banjoed Jose. He had every opportunity to do well in the best league in the world, in a side that were flying, and he wasn't up to it. End of.

The difference is the players you've named performed before their brushes with referees , fans or whatever. Lets not forget this chump was a ****ing let down BEFORE the incident with Jose. All I keep hearing or reading was how good he is ECT . Not in a saints shirt, he wasn't. He was poor, with a poor attitude. I would have shipped him out this Jan regardless of whether he banjoed Jose. He had every opportunity to do well in the best league in the world, in a side that were flying, and he wasn't up to it. End of.

Talking about the situations that led them to come to England - they were either chased out or unwanted in their own countries.

I just wish it was a permeant deal and not a loan! Juventus are obviously wary of him and not wanting to commit. Its a shame we didn't just loan him instead of wasting 15 million on him.

The "performance based bonuses" sounds promising. We could end up making a big profit if he goes, scores a load and they want to sign him permanently.

Pleased to see him go, but somewhat disappointed go see we've not done any inbound business so far and would hazard a guess that nothing will happen full stop. This isthe new order we will be living with now...home grown or nowt.

In January, maybe. We did okay without any reinforcements last season.

I'm disappointed it's had to end like this. I'll happily go on record saying I was genuinely excited about Dani coming. His record in Serie A and La Liga suggested he should have been that little something special that got us in to Europe. A Roma supporting friend said it may very well end in tears, suggesting he was, from all accounts, a complete loon. Guess he's been proven right.

Thanks Dani, go get some help to sort yourself out.

I know he acted like a tw*t, but I do feel a bit sorry for Dani. He's not really been able to settle anywhere and that's obviously not going to improve his personal issues.

Hope he does well in Turin. Don't think he'll be happy until he's playing for Boca though..

Why do you feel sorry for him?

Just a thought on Tuesday nights game, we played with the finesse and swagger that had been stuttering to show since late November, with the players not being enamoured with him, you could wonder that if they knew this move was afoot that a dark cloud was beginning to disperse above the team.

Especially when you sprinkle a little of what Jose said about the unity of the team on Solent post match.

the Juve fan I work with isn't particularly keen on signing him , the fans didn't like him at Roma and he's going to have to work hard to win them over at Juve. Fingers crossed he's successful for half a season and we get our money back for him.

I still get the sense that Ramirez may have left as well if he hadn't got injured at Sunderland , the return on the combined cost of those two is so disappointing it makes you think we're better off with our policy of young players like Rodriguez , Clyne coming in and adding to the squad.

I can see posters like SaintsFanCam above starting to air negativity in preparation for having a pop at the Katarina regime for not spending, but I back her in everything she has done so far.

Over the summer someone posted a video up on here of a Roma fan having a 'chat' with Ossie on the training ground. The Roma fan was telling Ossie that 'you could have been the emperor here'.

At the time I thought the fan was probably being a bit histrionic but now I feel the same way myself.

The guy could have been a cult hero at this club, he had the talent, the looks, the bad boy tag..........but somehow he's managed to throw it all away.

Ossie, I was tremendously excited when you came but you've gone and screwed it all up mate.

Get your head straightened out and show the world what you can do.

I wish you all the best.

At the time he was signed did he not say he couldn't believe how much money we would pay him? Then he found out just how hard he had to train! Who else turns up at the workplace (training ground) with his girl friend / missus in tow, shows what he was thinking... this is a doddle, swan around play a few games get a load of dosh... what's not to like.

Poor old Jose, first it's Pardew then this clown.

I'd have preferred to see a talented £15m Italian international banging them in, but each to their own.

So would I ..... but that's the whole point .... he WASN'T banging them in

IMHO, from the minute he got here, he was thinking of how to getr back to Italy

I'd like to think he's achieved his wish, but it's only a LOAN, with an option to buy.

My bet is Juve will chuck him back in the summer

So would I ..... but that's the whole point .... he WASN'T banging them in

IMHO, from the minute he got here, he was thinking of how to getr back to Italy

I'd like to think he's achieved his wish, but it's only a LOAN, with an option to buy.

My bet is Juve will chuck him back in the summer

No smoke without fire and all that, but there were stories linking him back to Italy during October - before any of this started. So I imagine his agent has been hawking him around for a bit.

I still get the sense that Ramirez may have left as well if he hadn't got injured at Sunderland , the return on the combined cost of those two is so disappointing it makes you think we're better off with our policy of young players like Rodriguez , Clyne coming in and adding to the squad.

Ramirez was young as well, younger than Rodriguez. I still think Ramirez can come good.

:toppa:

I tend to agree but I don't think Fonte was totally blameless, as it rarely is. However, this guy had previous at Roma and he was also 'injured' just prior to Christmas while with us (make of that what you like but I'd bet there's more to it). I think that the point is that he is the player who has had the worst attitude while at Saints, and that includes Mr Kenwyn Jones and his 'wantaway strike'.

Good player spoiled by a terrible attitude.

He had to go.

He arrived in Turin for his medical wearing a bowler hat...

I don't care what you lot say, I'm going to miss him. The man has style...

One little headbutt and everyone is up in arms. Ridiculous, can't people see the bigger picture?! You're all going to look back on this day as a dark one for Southampton FC. Our coolometer is not happy today...

One little headbutt and everyone is up in arms. Ridiculous, can't people see the bigger picture?! You're all going to look back on this day as a dark one for Southampton FC. Our coolometer is not happy today...

Coolest footballer we've had since Golac...

Over the summer someone posted a video up on here of a Roma fan having a 'chat' with Ossie on the training ground. The Roma fan was telling Ossie that 'you could have been the emperor here'.

At the time I thought the fan was probably being a bit histrionic but now I feel the same way myself.

The guy could have been a cult hero at this club, he had the talent, the looks, the bad boy tag..........but somehow he's managed to throw it all away.

Ossie, I was tremendously excited when you came but you've gone and screwed it all up mate.

Get your head straightened out and show the world what you can do.

I wish you all the best.

These two pretty much sum up my opinion of the whole affair too.

Really wanted him to succeed at the club, he looked like he really wanted to fit and be part of the team, at least at the beginning... :?

I'm surprised no one else seems to notice that it's the leading Italian club taking him, so he's actually moving up and he'll prolly get some CL time if he sticks with Juve.

I just don't understand why you sign a player with his history and then baulk at the first sign of trouble. We knew he had this side, having made the decision to sign him we should be taking the rough with the smooth and getting him back in the team scoring goals to make up for it.

Edited by Ex Lion Tamer

I just don't understand why you sign a player with his history and then baulk at the first sign of trouble. We knew he had this side, but we should be taking the rough with the smooth and getting him back in the team scoring goals to make up for it

It wasn't the first sign of trouble with us.

I just don't understand why you sign a player with his history and then baulk at the first sign of trouble. We knew he had this side, having made the decision to sign him we should be taking the rough with the smooth and getting him back in the team scoring goals to make up for it.

He head butted an important long standing and respected member of the team in a training session, the team didn't want him back so best for all he goes back to Italy. It's all about dressing room harmony you notice the team didn't get shot of him for scrapping on the touchline and getting a three game suspension that was the sort of stupidity I could put up with but messing up the team spirit can't happen no player is bigger than saints.

I don't think he ever had the right attitude or commitment to Saints. He was lukewarm about joining us in the first place and I always felt (IMO, of course) that he considered himself slightly above playing for Saints.

Yes, he undoubtedly has ability, but I don't think he was ever going to fit in with our standards of training and fitness and style of play, and for that reason, I'm glad to see him go, and hope the move is made permanent. Young Sam will eventually deliver far more.