Man United Build-Up

Saint_lambden

But we don't really expect to win home games at the moment. Since the beginning of Feb, our away record is great: W5 D3 L2.

But the home record over the same period is the problem: W2 D4 L4.

Confidence at home is low and the crowd need to do their bit too - don't start moaning as soon as things aren't going right.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think the players and the crowd expect to beat the easier sides at home but fear they won't, because of the problems with scoring. The pressure extends throughout the team because then we simply cannot afford to concede. With everyone expecting a United win I'm hoping this pressure is lifted and Saints can play with a bit more freedom. May be a vain hope but let's see. Agree re the crowd but likewise there may be a different attitude with Saints being the underdog.

I would go for

------------- Forster ---------- McCarthy -------------

Cedric-Pied-VVD-Yoshida-Stephens-Bednarek-Bertrand

--------- Romeu ------------------ Lemina ------------

Pile some bricks and cement by the goal. Forster and McCarthy have 90 mins to build a wall in front of the goal.

Then on 90 mins, they go off and be replaced by Long and Gabbi. Hope to nick it in time added on.

Serious suggestion - 0:4.

I would go for

Pile some bricks and cement by the goal. Forster and McCarthy have 90 mins to build a wall in front of the goal.

Then on 90 mins, they go off and be replaced by Long and Gabbi. Hope to nick it in time added on.

Bit harsh to drop Hoedt.

I would go for

Bit harsh to drop Hoedt.

You are so right. Sorry, Bednarek you're fired!

Cedric-Pied-VVD-Yoshida-Stephens-Hoedt-Bertrand

IMHO:

------------------------------Forster-----------------------------

Cedric-----------Van Dijk-------------Hoedt----------Bertrand

------------------Romeu--------------Lemina-------------------

------------------------------Davis-------------------------------

----------Long/Gabbi---------------------------Tadic------------

---------------------------Gabbi/Long----------------------------

Forster will have a massive test against Man United. I don’t expect a clean sheet, but if he lets in soft goals again, I think McCarthy deserves his chance at Stoke.

I think Tadic deserves a chance playing left-side, but if he’s anonymous there, I’d give Sam McQueen a go at Stoke in that position.

Forster

Cedric

Hoedt

VVD

Bertrand

Romeu

Lemina

JWP

Davis

Gabbi

Long

Tadic needs a rest - Lemina found him with great balls several times with the freedom of Croydon in front of him, but as usual there was bugger all end product. The goal came from a weak shot the keeper should have done better with. Can't see him making any sort of impact against United, waste of a shirt.

Redmond needs to be given the day off to go shopping for some longer studs.

At least JWP hits a decent corner and with VVD back in the mix that could be where we nick it.

Edited by Kingsbridge Saint

Forster

Cedric

Hoedt

VVD

Bertrand

Romeu

Lemina

JWP

Davis

Gabbi

Long

Tadic needs a rest - Lemina found him with great balls several times with the freedom of Croydon in front of him, but as usual there was bugger all end product. The goal came from a weak shot the keeper should have done better with. Can't see him making any sort of impact against United, waste of a shirt.

At least JWP hits a decent corner and with VVD back in the mix that could be where we nick it.

Wouldn't play JWP. Would play Tadic. Showed signs of recovery of form against Palace and much, much better the footballer

Everton showed some of United's limitations in the 2nd half on Sunday, despite eventually conceding late goals.

This might be the game to go three at the back and push the full backs on:

Ff

Yoshi VVD Hoot

Cedric Bertrand

Romeu Lamina

Davis

Long Gabby

Forster

Cedric

Hoedt

VVD

Bertrand

Romeu

Lemina

JWP

Davis

Gabbi

Long

Not sure why people keep saying Tadic had a shot for the goal, he was crossing it with pace and the keeper tried to push it away from goal.

Forster

Cedric

Hoedt

VVD

Bertrand

Romeu

Lemina

JWP

Davis

Gabbi

Long

Still can't understand why people want jwp in the team.

Forster

Cedric

Hoedt

VVD

Bertrand

Romeu

Lemina

JWP

Davis

Gabbi

Long

Still can't understand why people want jwp in the team.

I'd pretty much start with the same team as against Palace - just switch Redmond for Gabbi and VVD for Yoshi.

Long will cause them problems with his running and aggression. Tadic when he's on form and out wide can rip any full back apart. And hopefully Gabbi will find and use the space they create to score.

With Lemina and Romeu in the middle and Davis linking play we should be OK in the midfield. And VVD and Hoedt should cope with Lukaku's pace and power OK.

----------------------FF--------------------

Cedric-----VvD-------Hoedt-----Bertrand

------------Romeu---Lemina--------------

-----Tadic----------Davis--------Gabbi-------

---------------Long-------------

And if that doesn't work or we take the lead and want to hold it I'd go 3-4-1-2

---------------------FF--------------------

------Yoshida ----VvD-------Hoedt-----

Cedric-------Romeu---Lemina------Bertrand

--------------------Davis-----------------

---------------Long--------Gabbi----------

I'd pretty much start with the same team as against Palace - just switch Redmond for Gabbi and VVD for Yoshi.

Long will cause them problems with his running and aggression. Tadic when he's on form and out wide can rip any full back apart. And hopefully Gabbi will find and use the space they create to score.

With Lemina and Romeu in the middle and Davis linking play we should be OK in the midfield. And VVD and Hoedt should cope with Lukaku's pace and power OK.

----------------------FF--------------------

Cedric-----VvD-------Hoedt-----Bertrand

------------Romeu---Lemina--------------

-----Tadic----------Davis--------Gabbi-------

---------------Long-------------

And if that doesn't work or we take the lead and want to hold it I'd go 3-4-1-2

---------------------FF--------------------

------Yoshida ----VvD-------Hoedt-----

Cedric-------Romeu---Lemina------Bertrand

--------------------Davis-----------------

---------------Long--------Gabbi----------

Although it has taken about 3 years, I like the fact that people are finally leaving Mr Plod out of their starting lineups. Long may MP give Les Reed 2 fingers.

Plenty of smiles around the training pitch today and our new man Hoedt seems to be quite the lad at the centre of things and he's only just joined the squad. Maybe that's what they have needed, a big personality with a GSH to lift the downbeat mood around the place of late. Even Bertie was game for a laugh. Very nice to see.

Plenty of smiles around the training pitch today and our new man Hoedt seems to be quite the lad at the centre of things and he's only just joined the squad. Maybe that's what they have needed, a big personality with a GSH to lift the downbeat mood around the place of late. Even Bertie was game for a laugh. Very nice to see.
Couldn't see Lemina or Davis in any of the pics or videos, maybe had some minor knocks. Palace was pretty physical.

Man u are strong in both the wide and central areas of attacking third. Martial, rashford, lukaku pace and power in abundance. I dont know if we can hope to keep a clean sheet against that, IMO our best hope is to outscore them as their back four isnt as flawless as their front 3/4.

Theyll probs win the midfield battle as well with pogba and matic in there so, playing direct seems to be the more efficient option.

If austin is fit play him as we'll have a chance to win some aerial battles in the box with long feeding off knock downs.

Cedric. Vvd. Hoedt. Bertie

Lemina. Romeu

Tadic. Davis. Long

Austin

With long joining austin making a front two in phases and davis dropping back to help out rom and lemina and tadic fitting into the 10 role on occasions IMO.

Man u are strong in both the wide and central areas of attacking third. Martial, rashford, lukaku pace and power in abundance. I dont know if we can hope to keep a clean sheet against that, IMO our best hope is to outscore them as their back four isnt as flawless as their front 3/4.

Theyll probs win the midfield battle as well with pogba and matic in there so, playing direct seems to be the more efficient option.

If austin is fit play him as we'll have a chance to win some aerial battles in the box with long feeding off knock downs.

Lemina. Romeu

Tadic. Davis. Long

Austin

With long joining austin making a front two in phases and davis dropping back to help out rom and lemina and tadic fitting into the 10 role on occasions IMO.

Doomed.

Lemina. Romeu

Tadic. Davis. Long

Austin

Hope to out score them......have you watched us play at all recently?

Hope to out score them......have you watched us play at all recently?

Point taken. But still if we cant keep a clean sheet and nick one goal on the break, what other choice do we have if we are to get anything from this than to score(hope to) atleast one more than them or as many as them.

If we got any semblence of confidence from the palace win then we have the slightest of chances for an upset.

I'd be tempted to bring back in Van Dijk if he's looking up to speed after his u23 outing to try and deal with lukaku.

Other than that stick with the same team that won the palace match.

I'm so p1ssed off with VVD but must play if fit and head is in right place.

Lemina. Romeu

Tadic. Davis. Long

Austin

He's injured and won't play for a few weeks !

Question - I'll be using mine and my wife's membership cards for the first time for the United game - yes I bought my Norwich supporting wife membership because she goes to Saints games more than Norwich games because of me :twisted: - but it turns out my wife may not be able to come. If I bring someone else, do they get checked, or is it as easy as putting them in the machine and walking in? I'd hate to dump a friend outside while I enjoy the match! :lol:

Question - I'll be using mine and my wife's membership cards for the first time for the United game - yes I bought my Norwich supporting wife membership because she goes to Saints games more than Norwich games because of me :twisted: - but it turns out my wife may not be able to come. If I bring someone else, do they get checked, or is it as easy as putting them in the machine and walking in? I'd hate to dump a friend outside while I enjoy the match! :lol:

They'll be absolutely fine