For the hell of it, the 2019/20 Kit Thread

The9

I'm surprised they haven't launched it by having a player pose with it over a grey hoody, beer belly and whilst wearing "distressed" g-star jeans and lonsdale trainers so our supporters can see what it would look like when they wear it.

Maybe put some chavs in Stone Island jackets in the background to complete the picture?

All kits looks ok apart from black bit on the home shirt.

The yellow one works best, but have to agree with your thoughts on the black bit on the home shirt. Simple fact is that we have always been red and white (with a small bit maybe of black as borders to the stripes or on the collar) on the home shirt, so why suddenly introduce a major bit of black? To me it looks like one of those GPS training bras.

Edited by angelman

Well I liked the launch video as well. Bits genuinely made me laugh and Ralph appears to be a competent actor (for a footballer). Not really bothered about the nuances of kit design but don't like that black stripe, happy with the 2nd and 3rd strips though

Theres only so much a designed can do with red and white stripes

well he or she could leave them, for a start, not put a meaningless black shoulder bar on it for some reason. idea for next season: save money on promo video and hire a competent designer

Theres only so much a designed can do with red and white stripes

Well don't change it then. Stick to what we have, rather than change for changes sake to something that is gash. Break the mould and keep a shirt for more than one season. As it is. we've never had a big slab of black on the home shirt, and it looks like a GPS bra that they use in training.

Maybe put some chavs in Stone Island jackets in the background to complete the picture?

Or just not dress like a total freak or noddy? It doesn't seem to be that hard for other clubs, but yet for some reason we really struggle with it.

It's growing on me.... slightly...3d70267c6933d9118ef473cba6df1621.jpg

Christ if it’s tight enough to make JWP look like he’s got a belly on him, our fans better make sure they’re ordering a couple of sizes up.

What's with the club's obsession with not having stripes that go all the way up to the shoulders and instead having a strip of colour contrast that looks like an afterthought...?

This. It looked terrible on the bra kit, looked slightly odd on the 'patrick' kit, passable but unnecessary on last season's, and back to bloody terrible this year!

Must be the Under Armour template - just don't understand why they can't make shirts with the same stitching as virtually every other manufacturer, especially for a team that doesn't play in a plain colour!

It kinda reminds me of the home kit we had in the Championship when we came 6th (Wolves 6-1 etc). Maybe not the neck black, but I'm sure we had red and white and black panels somewhere.

Yeah - another shocker of a kit that one. Probably my least favourite ever. until todays release!)

s-l1600.jpg

Well don't change it then. Stick to what we have, rather than change for changes sake to something that is gash. Break the mould and keep a shirt for more than one season. As it is. we've never had a big slab of black on the home shirt, and it looks like a GPS bra that they use in training.

Agree. Awful design, too tight and what's with the away goalkeeper shirt. Pink! Ugh!

Beats me why fans allow themselves to be ripped off by thinking they have to wear the shirt of the season. Just don't buy it. It would serve the club right if fans simply stuck with the best example of red & white stripes that each can get hold of and not keep buying over-priced replacements. This silly looking home shirt, with a totally inappropriate black splodge, is almost a badge for victims of a fraud.

i actually really like the white kit, may purchase that one if a deal ever comes on.

really not a fan of the home (and like many others, because of the black).

black away kit is okay, has a hint of Dortmund about it.

-----

but at the end of the day, I'm not too fussed, think we'd all rather have some quality players in the gash kit then vice versa :smug:

Black kit is nice but the black on the home shirt is needless and ruins it. How much time to we waste on ****e like that video though? No wonder our recruitment has gone to pot the last few seasons

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I've never understood why they make the scouts film the promotional videos.

what is UA's obsession with having a chest plate/bra/bib type thing on our shirts? The block of black looks terrible.

Don't know, but I can't wait until UA don't do our kits anymore, can't stand the template for their kits. The bits round the side always look like a patchwork as well, don't understand why they can't just make a simple shirt like everyone else. Although not sure ALL their kits are like it, they seem to save the crap template for us!

I don’t get why grown overweight adults wear

replica shirts

It’s not as though your going to get a game for the team on a Saturday.

The replica shirt market is aimed at younger fans, and us older generation

have had our turn.

Most younger fans will like the new kits, and most of the rest who are showing

that they so say don’t like the home kit, will end up buying it

in the end.

This. It looked terrible on the bra kit, looked slightly odd on the 'patrick' kit, passable but unnecessary on last season's, and back to bloody terrible this year!

Must be the Under Armour template - just don't understand why they can't make shirts with the same stitching as virtually every other manufacturer, especially for a team that doesn't play in a plain colour!

Think the UA designers have a hard-on for those ‘iconic’ 90s Nike Aggassi tennis/polo shirts. Shows up in the away kit too. Problem is football shirts are, by definition, a lot more constraining.

s-l500_345x345@2x.jpg

Good to see realistic mannequins complete with man-boobs...6ac09168789d687ce89d1d7214b5bf4b.jpg

jesus, the logo looks like a complete afterthought. Did they not consider a reversed out version on the away kit or has LD Sports not yet got round to producing one of those? What am I talking about. The only ones with less idea about design than UA is `sports marketer' LD Sports.