Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

1 hour ago, saintscottofthenortham said:

I sat in one of these for Chelsea game and have to admit… probably worth it. 😂

We sit in the padded seats but didn't pay £1000 as we were forced to move there due to our seats behind the away dug out no longer being available.

20 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

He’s been very good the last 2 games. Tactically spot on and a bit of fight from the players. Great decision to play Lyanco at full back, and got his subs right again. Let’s hope he doesn’t go all “Ralph” and start dicking around next week. 

I disagree with this, I think we looked poor as a back 4, but where I’ll credit him is Ralph changed to a back 5 after about 20 minutes, and all of those 5 were fantastic. 

Interesting chat on Solent with Blackmore who intimated that Ralph may go in November. I may have misheard but  seemed like a lot of noise about it.

Blackmore even mentioned a name as an option he did stress he was just looking at options…why if Ralph is staying? He came up with but stressed  not in the know Marcelo Gallardo

Edited by Give it to Ron

6 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Interesting chat on Solent with Blackmore who intimated that Ralph may go in November. I may have misheard but  seemed like a lot of noise about it.

Blackmore even mentioned a name as an option he did stress he was just looking at options…why if Ralph is staying? He came up with but stressed  not in the know Marcelo Daniel Gallardo

It was an odd conversation - he referenced Ralph going in November three times, mentioned Gallardo but then said he was simply speculating about it all.

2 minutes ago, Katalinic said:

It was an odd conversation - he referenced Ralph going in November three times, mentioned Gallardo but then said he was simply speculating about it all.

I didn’t hear this show - but sure Adam has mentioned this before - I think the idea stems from the old Kicker article with Ralph talking about quitting football in 2024.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Katalinic said:

I said to the mrs how odd he was he kept specifically mentioning November. Only after mentioning it three times, did he then say how he isn't "in the know or anything". Was very odd, especially given his recent stance on Ralf.

• Like 1

Anyone on here called "Connor" who phoned 606 this evening? If so , you sounded a right tit. You wanted Ralph out but didn't explain who would replace him and never said why you wanted him out. 

Don't phone again. You give Saints fans a bad name.

Fair play to Ralph for getting the lads fighting and going 3 unbeaten. After the run of 1-0 losses I wasn't sure we were good enough to survive but we can see shoots  of positivity in the team. I still think we lack quality from midfield through to attack but if we can keep it tight at the back and fight we have a shot at survival. I still think Ralph's future depends on the points haul from the next 3 as the WC is a prime time to bring in a new manager and let them have a "pre-season" but for now, well done to Ralph for getting on with it.

12 hours ago, Dman said:

I disagree with this, I think we looked poor as a back 4, but where I’ll credit him is Ralph changed to a back 5 after about 20 minutes, and all of those 5 were fantastic. 

We frequently switched between a 4 and a 5 man defence during the game depending on the passage of play. It was interesting to watch.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, The Cat said:

We frequently switched between a 4 and a 5 man defence during the game depending on the passage of play. It was interesting to watch.

Yes I noticed that.  Very fluid.  Every time I thought I had it sussed it, it seemed to change.  There were times when we looked like 3, 4 and 5 at the back.  On the left Perraud managed to get caught offside furthest forward from a Bazunu kick.  On the right Moi had an even more fluid role.  He looked lost in that first spell when we were passive and then, as DMan said, was clearly RWB in a back 5 for the rest of the half.  Second half though there were spells when Lyanco was clearly at right back putting the heebeegeebees up Martinelli and Tierney.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SNSUN said:

Fair play to Ralph for getting the lads fighting and going 3 unbeaten. After the run of 1-0 losses I wasn't sure we were good enough to survive but we can see shoots  of positivity in the team. I still think we lack quality from midfield through to attack but if we can keep it tight at the back and fight we have a shot at survival. I still think Ralph's future depends on the points haul from the next 3 as the WC is a prime time to bring in a new manager and let them have a "pre-season" but for now, well done to Ralph for getting on with it.

Next 3 look pretty tough but let's see how we go.

On 21/10/2022 at 16:41, niceandfriendly said:

I’m going to be extremely upset if this promise doesn’t come through. Let’s reconvene on Sunday evening for a debrief on this. 

I'm sorry to have let you down, but I had a request come in from the Make A Wish Foundation for us "not to lose his one", so let me know what you want for Palace and I'll get it sorted. 

10 hours ago, The Left Back said:

Yes I noticed that.  Very fluid.  Every time I thought I had it sussed it, it seemed to change.  There were times when we looked like 3, 4 and 5 at the back.  On the left Perraud managed to get caught offside furthest forward from a Bazunu kick.  On the right Moi had an even more fluid role.  He looked lost in that first spell when we were passive and then, as DMan said, was clearly RWB in a back 5 for the rest of the half.  Second half though there were spells when Lyanco was clearly at right back putting the heebeegeebees up Martinelli and Tierney.

I only noticed it with Mo, and then some players picking up his previous positions. Probably loads I missed.

All the chopping and changing. All the odd looking selections. All to build a successor to classic Dutch football.

Welcome to the fluid tactics of Total RalphBall! 🙂

1 hour ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Very much 'Ralph in" now. He stopped and had a photo with my boy after the game and seemed a nice fella. Kind of circumvents any need to be a good man manager or tactically competent now, I reckon.

bless, a touch of class and the heads get turned.........

On 24/10/2022 at 20:39, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Very much 'Ralph in" now. He stopped and had a photo with my boy after the game and seemed a nice fella. Kind of circumvents any need to be a good man manager or tactically competent now, I reckon.

Back to Ralph out now. That was utterly dreadful today and he disappeared straight off down the tunnel at the end of the game. Not sure if it's a lack of quality, poor set up and management or both? Probably both really...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Expecting two more defeats before the world cup. I'd like to think the club have someone lined up to replace him after the Liverpool game. Just hoping SR have the balls to take the decision out of Semmens hands. 

And hopefully they'll sack Semmens who is painfully out of his depth at running a football club. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Back to Ralph out now. That was utterly dreadful today and he disappeared straight off down the tunnel at the end of the game. Not sure if it's a lack of quality, poor set up and management or both? Probably both really...

26 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Expecting two more defeats before the world cup. I'd like to think the club have someone lined up to replace him after the Liverpool game. Just hoping SR have the balls to take the decision out of Semmens hands. 

If Dragan is anything of a businessman, and he must be to have earned billions, he will surely insist that the manager is sacked and nothing Semmens can say will change his mind. Maybe Semmens should go with Ralph.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Dear Ralph,

Ibrahima Diallo is not, never has been, and never will be a competent DM. Please don't ever, ever play him there again. You would genuinely be better off starting with only ten men.

I don’t understand why Maitland-Niles didn’t come back in after not being available for the Arsenal game. Not the first time one of Prof Smart Arse’s decisions hasn’t made sense to me tbf.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, danjosaint said:

Beyond a fucking jokw he's still here, games that were winnable are ticking past

After the world cup we have what looks like quite a "nice" run of games. There is no way he can still be in charge of the team for those matches. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

After the world cup we have what looks like quite a "nice" run of games. There is no way he can still be in charge of the team for those matches. 

Unfortunately I think you’ll be disappointed 

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Wasn’t that the thinking about this run of games? Tough start but a decent run of winnable fixtures after the first 6. That’s not worked out well. Awful performances today, Villa, wolves, Everton, even our win at bouremouth we were crap

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

Whether SR decide to sack Ralph will  be data driven.

When Ankerson was chairman of Midtjylland he resisted calls to sack the manager.   Apparently he had evaluated the team performance and made an assessment of expected position.  This showed they weren't as bad as the league table showed.  So he created the 'table of justice ' to assess performance instead! 

The manager stayed and they won the league the following season.  

Whilst there are mixed views of the use of analytics in football on this site the reality is that those who make the decisions are big users of it.

Be interesting to see where we are against the equivalent.  Can't see how we could be any better than were we are though. And hopefully they will see it is time for Ralph to go.

11 minutes ago, John D said:

When Ankerson was chairman of Midtjylland he resisted calls to sack the manager.   Apparently he had evaluated the team performance and made an assessment of expected position.  This showed they weren't as bad as the league table showed.  So he created the 'table of justice ' to assess performance instead! 

Whilst there are mixed views of the use of analytics in football on this site the reality is that those who make the decisions are big users of it.

Be interesting to see where we are against the equivalent.  Can't see how we could be any better than were we are though. And hopefully they will see it is time for Ralph to go.

You don’t need a degree in statistics to know that the manager is shite.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, danjosaint said:

As Semmen's said ' its not about league position' well newsflash it will be when we're fucking relegated. Dont worry about all the staff who will lose there jobs whilst you have a nice fat payout

Bottom 3 with a 6 week break, he’ll have plenty of time to look at that table and let the reality sink in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wade Garrett said:

The team is not greater than the sum of its parts.  That is solely down to the manager.  I hope Sports Republic have the balls to sack him.

They would have done it by now if they were going to 

15 minutes ago, danjosaint said:

As Semmen's said ' its not about league position' well newsflash it will be when we're fucking relegated. Dont worry about all the staff who will lose there jobs whilst you have a nice fat payout

He should've been sacked on the spot with that comment. Absolute clown. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, John D said:

I can only think there is truth in what you say - that Ankerson is using metrics that tell him Ralph is better than his lack of achievements show him to be. However, as you say, it is way past time for him to go regardless of what these metrics are saying. Consistently the worst performances I can remember from Saints and its got to the stage where I don't even get angry when we lose - it's just expected and very very boring

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mr X said:

They would have done it by now if they were going to 

Not necessarily, it could be that the deal has been done and he is off when the word cup break starts? Quite a few people were mentioning that something like that was suggested on Solent?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Not necessarily, it could be that the deal has been done and he is off when the word cup break starts? Quite a few people were mentioning that something like that was suggested on Solent?

That would be genius.  Just the motivation he needs before an underserved pay-off.

Edited by Wade Garrett

32 minutes ago, John D said:

Wonder what the criteria was based on. If it was based on the points we deserved based on performance sand chances created, I'm not sure we would be much better off. 

If there was some grading depending on toughness of opposition...I'm not sure we'd be better off. 

1 minute ago, Chez said:

Wonder what the criteria was based on. If it was based on the points we deserved based on performance sand chances created, I'm not sure we would be much better off. 

If there was some grading depending on toughness of opposition...I'm not sure we'd be better off. 

Yeah thinking about it, we probably have more points than any model would predict based on the performances 😂

2 hours ago, John D said:

What if Ankerson evaluates the team performance and makes an assessment of expected position and decides we are worse than the league table shows? I believe we are if I'm honest. Ralph is done here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pamplemousse said:

I think I'm coming to the conclusion that we need some fresh ideas. A kick up the backside that only a new manager can provide.

No caretaker though, it would be a disaster. Look at Wolves...

Would lose all interest if that ginger cunt came anywhere near us. 

• Confused 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl