Least likeable manager?

Paulwantsapint81

With each press conference/ post/ pre match interview the whinging from managers is getting more comically bad

If Ralph starts emulating Kloop style moans I would be embarrassed 

so who is least likeable manager past & present?

Too young to have seen Clough 

Hated Ferguson 

Wenger never saw anything 

Mourinho has got to be a parody

We just had incompetence in Branfoot etc 

Clough was value for money, unless he'd been too long in the bar. Fergie is the mark by which all others are measured. Of the current bunch Klippety and Moanrinho are by far the worst, but in general the majority are blinkered, biased, and boring whingers.

Oh for a Gordon Strachan interview.

Cloughie at his peak was far and away the best value for money. I liked Shanks as well & Tommy Doc earnt by respect with his classy reaction to the ‘76 cup final. 

Hated Venables, didn’t pick Matt in ‘96 but also a cocky twat whose record is bigged  up by his buddies in the media. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 3

Redknapp the obvious choice.

Karl Robinson sticks in the memory for being an annoying little twerp when at MK Dons. Gus Poyet, Mauricio Taricco and the Brighton theatrical act from the same time period also.

The fans cracked Ian Holloway when at Blackpool also. Wonder if he, or the club are still laughing.

Bendan Rodgers

"They have a choice as a club. They don't have to sell. Maybe Southampton's objectives have changed. They were looking to be a Champions League club, I believe. They obviously wanted to change... I don't have sympathy, no."

Klopp because he is moaning about his fixtures because he is so successful, 1st world problems.

Also controversial opinion, I don't think Arteta is all that as a manager despite the media wishing he was and Nuno Santos has come up in my estimation after his time at valencia and seeing him over the last few years.

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

Bendan Rodgers

"They have a choice as a club. They don't have to sell. Maybe Southampton's objectives have changed. They were looking to be a Champions League club, I believe. They obviously wanted to change... I don't have sympathy, no."

Klopp because he is moaning about his fixtures because he is so successful, 1st world problems.

Also controversial opinion, I don't think Arteta is all that as a manager despite the media wishing he was and Nuno Santos has come up in my estimation after his time at valencia and seeing him over the last few years.

Yep haven’t forgotten Mr Rodgers comments.

3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I think Wilder is a bit of a c**t.

Massively. And now getting very much found out. 

Klopp is by far the biggest bellend though, the moaning tit. 

Edited by LGTL

24 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Pardew,  mostly for his little jig celebration. Steve McLarren, various reasons but mostly in the infamous Dutch tv interview when he spoke English as a foreign language.

Although it sounded ridiculous to us, I can identify with being in a foreign country and mimicking the accent to try to help people understand what you're saying

Neil Lennon gets a vote.

We're lucky to have the 'Kaiser' who generally comes across well - whether he'd be so restrained under the constant spotlight, media interviews and pressure that comes with managing one of the 'Big 6' who knows? And it no doubt helps having the likes of Semmens and Crocker onboard with his philosophy.

Oh, and Pulis for his view of how the game should be played.

Edited by alehouseboys
Badger beat me to it with Pulis!

On 28/11/2020 at 19:55, S-Clarke said:

I think Wilder is a bit of a c**t.

On 28/11/2020 at 23:30, LGTL said:

Massively. And now getting very much found out. 

Klopp is by far the biggest bellend though, the moaning tit. 

On 29/11/2020 at 06:30, niceandfriendly said:

Every time I've seen him talk he always seems very reasonable and quite likeable. What makes you think of him like that? Genuine question as I've not seen that much of him tbf.

i agree with nice and friendly - Chris wilder always seems to call it as it is - never blames the refs etc. or shouts that his team were robbed - he seems to be magnanimous in defeat and doesn't look for scapegoats

Credit to Sir Alex for sending Ralph a supportive message after "that" result which we no longer mention.

Thought Holloway quite entertaining as is Neil Warnock especially if he's upset about something.

Clough was the master. Don't remember any other manager being applauded by the home fans as they walked to the dugout at The Dell.

Has to be Mourinho. 

It seems to me that, in order to prove how special he is, he has to pick on someone and then humiliate them. Examples are Deli Alli, Luke Shaw, Morgan Schneiderlin, Eva Carneiro. 

With Eva Carneiro I remain convinced that he lost the Chelsea dressing room because of how spiteful he was to her.

1 hour ago, BallBoy said:

Has to be Mourinho. 

It seems to me that, in order to prove how special he is, he has to pick on someone and then humiliate them. Examples are Deli Alli, Luke Shaw, Morgan Schneiderlin, Eva Carneiro. 

With Eva Carneiro I remain convinced that he lost the Chelsea dressing room because of how spiteful he was to her.

Totally agree

I like Klopp in proper tv interviews (not post match ones). He's intelligent and articulate and seems a decent guy. That said, he's also extremely annoying. The backwards hat celebrations when Liverpool won the league made him look like a bellend and the media circle-jerk over him is nauseating. Plays up to the cameras with his over-celebrating (every.single.goal) and now with his recent whinging I just think fuck him. He's one of those dickheads who, if you express a negative opinion towards, people think you're mental and noone dare speak a bad word about. Frank Lampard's words to him at the end of last season were brilliant and true.

56 minutes ago, Saints Fan Dan said:

I like Klopp in proper tv interviews (not post match ones). He's intelligent and articulate and seems a decent guy. That said, he's also extremely annoying. The backwards hat celebrations when Liverpool won the league made him look like a bellend and the media circle-jerk over him is nauseating. Plays up to the cameras with his over-celebrating (every.single.goal) and now with his recent whinging I just think fuck him. He's one of those dickheads who, if you express a negative opinion towards, people think you're mental and noone dare speak a bad word about. Frank Lampard's words to him at the end of last season were brilliant and true.

Klopp may be intelligent and articulate, but not intelligent enough to realise he needs to rotate his players and that the reason he has so much money at his disposal is because of TV and the extra games they have to play. He's made himself look a proper wining victim these last few weeks worthy of his crown as king of the bin dippers

Favourite managers would be Clough and Strachan - both fantastic in their own way

Edited by StrangelyBrown

Klopp without a doubt, complete prick and a poor loser. Thinks the world revolves around him and the media wank him off constantly which makes me want to vomit.

Rodgers also an arrogant prick, don’t like him.

Love Wilder and Warnock, so clearly it’s a matter of opinion!

• Like 1

Surprised no mention of Puel so far, a manager who knocked all my enthusiasm out of watching Saints.

Also his total lack of respect for the travelling Saints fans by putting out a weakened side in a match we would have loved to have won in Milan.

I can cope with bolsy ars*s, managers well out of their depth, Pulis types who tactic seems to be keep the ball away from the pitch, but a non event like Puel who sent us to sleep during a press conference was never a leader of men, let alone a club.

I have recovered my enthusiasm . Thank you Ralph.

Edited by Kingsland Red

Were  Puel or Branfoot, "dislikeable" as individuals though ? Puel may have served up some turgid football, was unconvincing during interviews and possibly out of his depth, but I can't say I disliked the bloke.

In defence of Branfoot he would face up to his critics and didn't shy away from the fans continuing to walk 'the touchline' despite the abuse. Understandably his tactics and treatment of MLT incurred the wrath of fans. One final point on Branfoot which should be acknowledged by Saints fans in that despite the abuse etc he still had the good grace to agree writing a tribute to MLT in his testimonial programme  as one of his managers, whereas one ignored the request - Mr Hoddle.

Redknapp and Dennis Wise on the other hand were pretty difficult to take to whist at Saints, ditto Hughes.

• Like 1