Arsenal vs. Saints - Build Up & Match

Lighthouse

1 minute ago, verlaine1979 said:

Think that's at least five cheap giveaways by Armstrong in the first 40 mins - he has to go at h/t. Added nothing in attack so far and a liability in possession.

I wouldn't say he's added nothing. He's made a couple of decent driving runs forward to get us into their box.

• Like 1

Strange half. Great for 25 minutes but quite sloppy for the rest of it.

Armstrong needs to be more careful on the ball. It's interesting how he was swapped sides with Walcott tonight but I'm not sure the left side suits Armstrong much. 

We are also treading a fine line between confidence and taking liberties on the ball at CB / CM. I think we need a second goal. 

Ings looks a little off 100% as well. I'd be tempted to put Redmond on before long and push Walcott up front.

Adams excellent again.

On another night they would have got that penalty shout so we've rode our luck a bit.

• Like 1

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

Get Stu off. Add Redmond or Djenepo. Then Walcott off at 75 and either Red or Djenny on.

I'd definitely bring Redmond on. Bit more solid and dependable, don't want Djenepo to come on bursting with enthusiasm and give away freekick after freekick.

He won't change it though until we concede the inevitable equaliser.

Armstrong good at times but at others he makes the wrong choice with his passes. Gets a lot of the ball though and is a good outlet for turning possession into attack, especially on the counter...

Ings looks a little rusty still - needs one to go in off his arse.

Well done Theo, very well taken goal.

Arsenal are starting to press us into mistakes though, we need to be wary of that.

3 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

I'd definitely bring Redmond on. Bit more solid and dependable, don't want Djenepo to come on bursting with enthusiasm and give away freekick after freekick.

He won't change it though until we concede the inevitable equaliser.

Pretty embarrassing this, you wouldn't think we're sitting where we are.

Very good 30mins before letting Arsenal back into the half. We need to be ruthless to get that second goal and slump their shoulders. Some of our decision making in the final third has been garbage.

Lovely finish from Theo - he knows the way to those goals at the Emerates.

I think Armstrong's worked hard and done okay. Yes, he's made some poor passes, but he's also had a couple of great driving runs too. 

More worried about Bednarek and Bertrand picking up cheap yellows. Doesn't feel like the ref is in the mood to do us any favours - another little ankle tap could see them in trouble.

Be nice if we could get Ings into the game more. 

COYS.

3 minutes ago, NewYorkSaint said:

The sustained high quality of our football is such a joy to see.  Without the ball as much as with it.  The coordinated instigation of panic. We are one hard team to play against. ...and so happy for Walcott.

Yep, we’re looking a very good team of late. Long may it continue

Not playing well at all...most of the team having a mare...Adams and Ings terrible...as for Armstrong why did he even get picked to start?  If we come out of this with a win it will be a miracle. And yet there are some on here that would claim we’ve looked like Prem title contenders! Ha! 😉

• Haha 1

Come on you lot.  Let's assume the manager of the team that's currently top of the table knows what he's doing.  Last thing he needs is advice from a bunch of amateurs watching on  a screen.  The criticism I have is for the biased commentary on Prime.  

• Jimmy_D locked and unpinned this topic