Arsenal vs. Saints - Build Up & Match

Lighthouse

In 2014/15 our 13th and 14th games were Man City at Home and Arsenal Away...

Then we got 0 points from both... I reckon we'll get more from the same games this season!

NB in 2014 we had Emmanuel Mayuka be subbed on in the last 10 minutes of both games.

Edited by Nolan

Arsenal have so many empty vessel footballers, there's 2 or 3 I could pick out of a line up, the rest are a royal group of misfits and mercenaries.

Ex AFTV youtuber Troopz was calling for Cedric to start over Bellerin, that's the level they've fallen to, calling for a player we all regarded as fairly average to start for a side who were once one of the best to watch in Europe.

Arsenal HAVE to win, they're playing for the managers career here, so I expect them to start well, there is NO WAY Arsenal could possibly let Arteta continue in his role if they lose.

We start well here and get an early goal they'll fold, this could be one of those games were the opposition completely fall to pieces and we end up winning by 3 or 4. To be honest, I'd take a draw though as I expect a reaction from them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nolan said:

In 2014/15 our 13th and 14th games were Man City at Home and Arsenal Away...

Then we got 0 points from both... I reckon we'll get more from the same games this season!

NB in 2014 we had Emmanuel Mayuka be subbed on in the last 10 minutes of both games.

A useful reminder that, crap recruitment can happen at any club, any time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

There's an argument for keeping the same team but I'm pretty sure Djenepo and Redmond will feature, possibly Redmond from the start to rest Walcott. As Danny played 90 mins yesterday I do wonder if he'll be rested.

I'm sure Theo would want to play against Arsenal but it could well be he starts on the bench.

11 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Why compromise the best chance we’ll ever have to finally win at The Emirates and effectively give him a 2 game ban instead of 1? City will be massive favourites with or without Rom in our team, so that’s a lot riding on an outside bet.

If we lose at the Emirates I’m not sure it will be down to if Romeu plays or not. As you eluded to re: City game, they’ll be faves with or without him in our side. Think Diallo’s little cameos have looked good and in a three game week it might be an opportunity to put him in. I wasn’t advocating that Romeu ‘had’ to be back for city, Diallo may well prove to be a different option in that position, rather than an outside bet. The way Arsenal look just now I think if Diallo has that bit of quality we all hope he has, then it may enhance rather than compromise the chances of a win. Just a thought. 

14 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

6pm kick off on Prime 

Anyone know if you can watch matches outside the UK on Prime? I have Prime and can watch movies etc. but never managed to find the live games - maybe it's lack of my tech savvy skills? 

3 hours ago, Dan Johnson said:

Arsenal have so many empty vessel footballers, there's 2 or 3 I could pick out of a line up, the rest are a royal group of misfits and mercenaries.

Ex AFTV youtuber Troopz was calling for Cedric to start over Bellerin, that's the level they've fallen to, calling for a player we all regarded as fairly average to start for a side who were once one of the best to watch in Europe.

Arsenal HAVE to win, they're playing for the managers career here, so I expect them to start well, there is NO WAY Arsenal could possibly let Arteta continue in his role if they lose.

We start well here and get an early goal they'll fold, this could be one of those games were the opposition completely fall to pieces and we end up winning by 3 or 4. To be honest, I'd take a draw though as I expect a reaction from them.

Bellerin is out on accumulated yellows according to Sky's in match texting....I'd like to see Theo pitched against Cedric...who, incidentally, I think was better than some give him credit for with us?

39 minutes ago, Red said:

Anyone know if you can watch matches outside the UK on Prime? I have Prime and can watch movies etc. but never managed to find the live games - maybe it's lack of my tech savvy skills? 

It works if you have an account based at a UK address. might also work with a VPN like WINSCRIBE to make it think you are in the UK . 

If we show them respect and sit back a bit because they’re Arsenal then they could hurt us with the quality of some of their individuals. However, if we take the game to them then I think we could beat them, quite comfortably too, like the 4-0 at home, which saw THAT Martina goal.

14 hours ago, Wurzel said:

I have Prime, can you record from there on Virgin TiVo?  Or do Amazon have the matches available to watch at any time?

Previous matches have been available to watch in Full at any time... I dont know if there is a time limit that they're up for though.

• Like 1

It was Danny Wallace who scored in our last win at Highbury 1987 not rod ..Paul Davis the arsenal midfielder was the guy who broke glen cockerill’s jaw.

Was also at game at the emirates 2018/19 wen long gave us an early lead but were undone by late goal to by Danny wellbeck 3 mins to go losing 3-2 

I watched the highlights of their game against Burnley, and they actually created some decent chances and forced a few good saves from Pope.

I'd like to think they won't get anything like the time and space around our box that Burnley gave them, but they are not as laughably bad as many are suggesting. Will be a difficult game for sure.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Was it last season we threw away a win?

Battered them if I remember rightly, obafemi (I think) seems unable to pass a ball across the 6 yard box.

It was Cedric who couldn’t give Obafemi the easiest of passes. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Nope.  Wouldn't be unhappy with one by any means, but in a 3 point for a win league and with the form we're in and they're not, definitely think we have a great chance of winning.

Personally, I think it will be hugely unlikely a team the size of Arsenal to lose 6 on the bounce. They have some good international level players in that group, so that's why I'd personally be happy enough with a draw, because I don't think it's going to be as easy as some are suggesting. They are certainly in a massively false position.

Hopefully the team prove that wrong and we just put them to bed, but we'll see.

We don't have a good record against arsenal so nervous about this one! The fact that arsenal are struggling means nothing as we still have to turn up, this will be a much bigger test than Sheffield United, a draw would be fine 

57 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Personally, I think it will be hugely unlikely a team the size of Arsenal to lose 6 on the bounce. They have some good international level players in that group, so that's why I'd personally be happy enough with a draw, because I don't think it's going to be as easy as some are suggesting. They are certainly in a massively false position.

Why is 6 any less likely than 5? There’s no law of averages being played out here and if we’d lost 5 on the bounce at home before we played Sheff Utd, nobody would be using the same logic. It won’t be easy by any means but saying they’re somehow ‘due’ a win is false.

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

It wouldn't be 6. they've lost 4 home league games or 3 home and away ones.

I am probably the least techno savvy person on here, so for anyone in doubt, I've signed with Amazon Prime Video today on the 30 day free trial. £7.99 per month thereafter and you can cancel at any time. It set up immediately and I am currently watching Wolves v Chelsea on my PC. It's fine. Saints games against Arsenal, Man City and West Ham (29th Dec) are all exclusive to Amazon Prime Video, so if you sign up now you will get access to all three and it needn't cost anything if you remember to cancel after 30 days., Plus you can watch any other prem games they are showing. Man City v West Brom later this evening. Arsenal v Saints at 6pm tomorrow. If you can't watch it live they are showing replays of games. (I think later in the evening but also next day. So.......

Anyway - I hope that helps some - apologies to others who already knew all this.

• Like 1

For some reason think Bellerin and Xhaka being out for them is a blessing.

However, if Cedric starts then I’d fancy Djenepo on the left to do him for pace. 

I’m going to predict 1-1

I have a feeling Aubameyang is going to score an absolute screamer 

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Arsenal vs. Saints - Build Up & Match
  • Jimmy_D locked and unpinned this topic