Man Utd 9-0 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

6 minutes ago, stknowle said:

Sorry but that is as ridiculous a suggestion as the tackle was in the first place. Are you seriously suggesting that he went on to that pitch thinking "first chance I get I'm gonna try to break someone's leg". Stupid and impetuous yes, planned and deliberate I seriously, seriously doubt it.

Can’t believe some people are making this out as a “brain fart” moment, too much of a coincidence for that not to have some sort of intent behind it. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chez said:

I missed the first few minutes. Someone full me in on the red please.

Pure stupidity from Jankewitz. Mistimed, miss thought. Complete moment of madness from the kid. High studs right down McTominays thigh. He's lucky it wasn't worse than the clear cuts he was left with, it was a dreadful challenge.

Edited by S-Clarke

Just now, Chez said:

I missed the first few minutes. Someone full me in on the red please.

He went in high, missed the ball by miles. McTominay ended up with stud marks down the inside of his thigh. Stupid tackle, red card every day of the week.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

We were weak enough prior to first whistle but that tackle, sorry assault, was pure blind madness. Then we let Valery go on loan. I thought it a poor decision before this game and so it proves to be. Hope it’s not 9 or worse.

Yeah, it'd almost definitely still be 0-0 if Valery was playing, the defensive colossus that he is

1 minute ago, trousers said:

Based on one moment of madness?

This might be a stupid analogy but my heads not in the right place after this first half

If a partner is caught having an affair- that ‘one’ moment is all it takes to jump to conclusions.

Add in all the murmurs of the boy handing in a transfer request then it is very hard to find sympathy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

It's like the conspiracy loons have taken over the asylum?

Not really a conspiracy though is it.

Player has had top clubs in Europe reportedly interested in securing him

Player thinks he deserves more game time and sees other u23’s start ahead of him in cup competition.

Hands in transfer request that the club reject.

Within 2 minutes of starting debut is sent off  

Just now, Maggie May said:

Seems like we’ve been in disarray since the Liverpool win. Are we in trouble?

We over halfway through the season and we've got more than double the points of the bottom three.

The only danger we're in is wasting a fantastic start to a season to have a slightly disappointing season.

26 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Yes cos beating a young player when he's down is just what he needs, he knows he has fucked up, who needs fans like you 

Go fuck yourself you massive bellend. He’s culpable for this, after handing in a transfer request. Hasn’t even made it yet and he thinks he’s Bertie big bollocks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Jankewitz' reaction after he gets sent off is a bit odd, just completely calm...

I'd hate to think he'd done that deliberately, but I can't help but wonder a little bit.

Seriously? No player is going to deliberate set out to get themselves sent off 1 minute a game, especially by potentially seriously injuring another player and when they are making their full debut FFS. He's a young kid desperate to impress and was charging around over excited. A terrible tackle and a definite red, but its ridiculous to suggest he did it on purpose. 

• Like 1

Just now, saints1988 said:

Player thinks he deserves more game time and sees other u23’s start ahead of him in cup competition.

Yep, because displaying that level of petulance is bound to attract a barrel load of clubs to want to sign you... #facepalm

6 minutes ago, Le Timmier said:

Yeah, it'd almost definitely still be 0-0 if Valery was playing, the defensive colossus that he is

We had two actual wingbacks and sent them out on loan. Madness really. 

We would still have lost but not by as much, and also we would have still lost even if Weird Al hadn't got sent off too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Le Timmier said:

I didn’t suggest we would be 0-0. We are shockingly short of decent players in depth. We have a 17 year old academy lad on the bench ffs.

2 minutes ago, saints1988 said:

He had interest from fc groningen, that's who made a bid. He believes he deserves more game time and he was given that this evening. 

If you genuinely think any professional is going to show that level of petulance towards the club who pays their wages, then you are daft. How is that going to help him get a move?

Have a word with yourself.

4 minutes ago, saints1988 said:

Yeah great to put himself in the shop window like that 😅

1 minute ago, adrian lord said:

I haven’t seen the red card tackle but if it was some sort of deliberate act then it would pose massive questionmarks about his temperament

Not really. He's a kid on his debut who made a silly mistake probably due to his excitement. I'm sure he'll learn. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, saints1988 said:

Allegedly that top club is gronningen, give your head a wobble !

• Lighthouse changed the title to Man Utd 9-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic