Man Utd 9-0 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

7 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

I'm not sure it's possible for me to be less optimistic.

A week ago a terrible Sheff United team won at Old Trafford. Even with our injuries, our starting XI tonight will be better than the Sheff United team. I'm not saying that means we will win or even get a draw, as we remain big underdogs. But a result would hardly be a complete surprise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

A week ago a terrible Sheff United team won at Old Trafford. Even with our injuries, our starting XI tonight will be better than the Sheff United team. I'm not saying that means we will win or even get a draw, as we remain big underdogs. But a result would hardly be a complete surprise.

OK, you've made me feel more optimistic.

6 hours ago, Dusic said:

If that is the line up (and there is a fair chance it will be), I would have said Armstrong at RB makes more sense that Djenepo.

Armstrong has only just picked up form again after a long run of mediocre to poor games. He was brilliant before covid. I would be reluctant to “unseat“ him from his natural position. Also he is the slowest of all of the 10s so not sure it’s a great idea asking him to play there perhaps

• Lighthouse changed the title to Man Utd vs Saints - Match Thread
36 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Thought he was out?

Nope he starts for United in fact.

Interesting line up- Valery had one poor game against Arsenal and was out the door.

Lucky for Kayne that can't happen for him until the summer.

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

With our injuries list this could easily turn into Leicester MK 2! Hopefully saints will suprise us going to be one tough game though 

Ha!! We have 3 experienced defenders, JWP, Armstrong, Djenepo, our first choice strikers. Its hardly a team of kids. Sure, the bench is threadbare, but the first 11 ain't too bad. 

• Like 2

Happy he’s playing Ramsay - no point shuffling players out of position when we have a RB, even if he’s not up to it. Plenty of average players can have good games, it’s maintaining that level that’s their problem. Excited to see Jankewitz.

Well, I'm just going to try and enjoy the game if possible. I just hope that the team fight for everything, dont allow any sloppy passes and the officials don't spoil the game with biased decisions. 

In truth, I can see Ramsey or Jankowitz giving away a pen and the Ref joyously giving it in full knowledge that his mate on the screens will back him up. I can also see a heavy defeat. 4-0.

1 minute ago, Dorchester Saint said:

The melts are out already, writing off our chances. This team is more than capable of getting a result tonight. COYR!! 

Bold faced confidence. I appreciate that but I'm afraid I am struggling to get on board with the idea that this is normal for any other  Premier League side.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Man Utd 9-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic