Man Utd 9-0 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Savage can fuck off trying to say that's a penalty because his toe is on the line.

Honestly that c*nt is part of the reason I stopped watching!

I've seen us get tanked before but can't stand listening to him wanking off over Utd. Worse that Neville or Carragher by a mile.

4 minutes ago, saints1988 said:

You are kidding? That was done on purpose 100%, let the manager down, teammates and supporters.

Sorry but that is as ridiculous a suggestion as the tackle was in the first place. Are you seriously suggesting that he went on to that pitch thinking "first chance I get I'm gonna try to break someone's leg". Stupid and impetuous yes, planned and deliberate I seriously, seriously doubt it.

Just now, stknowle said:

Sorry but that is as ridiculous a suggestion as the tackle was in the first place. Are you seriously suggesting that he went on to that pitch thinking "first chance I get I'm gonna try to break someone's leg". Stupid and impetuous yes, planned and deliberate I seriously, seriously doubt it.

I fully believe he went out there wanting to get sent off to spite us for not playing him before/not giving him the transfer he wanted.

• Haha 2

Just now, stknowle said:

Not exactly that but his temperament is very suspect.

1 minute ago, stknowle said:

He made no attempt to get the ball, who knows what he was thinking.

Just now, BotleySaint said:

I think we'll be safe. We've got a good number of points already. But there is a lot of pressure on the next game against Newcastle.

We simply must get at least a point there.

We're not getting relegated, dragged into relegation or even thinking of relegation. Let's not get carried away with that theme.

It looks like we will be in the mix to finish around the Newcastles/Leeds/Palace/Wolves, as opposed to the Leicester's, Arsenals, West Hams etc.

Just now, BotleySaint said:

I think we'll be safe. We've got a good number of points already. But there is a lot of pressure on the next game against Newcastle.

We simply must get at least a point there.

Of course we'll be safe. We would have to get something like ten more points from the next seventeen games and we've got a load of players to come back in. We will finish about 14th imo. 

12 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Because Bertie is fucking shit and has been for years. 

Many of the goals we concede, take a look at him, he's usually just jogging back slowly. He barely attacks and just plods around in a strop.

Honestly if you think Bertand is the issue then there isn't much hope for you. Look at the work he did in the game against Liverpool for one, and how much we have struggled whenever he is missing, which fortunately is rarely

I really think Ralph with walk at the end of the season .. he’s obviously frustrated with what’s he’s got to work with and who could blame him. Until the prick gao sells out we are where we are. Thankfully we’ve got a decent points return this far.

But we must live in hope that when our injuries clear up we have a decent team and we’ve the ability to climb again. 

Just now, madge said:

I really think Ralph with walk at the end of the season .. he’s obviously frustrated with what’s he’s got to work with and who could blame him. Until the prick gao sells out we are where we are. Thankfully we’ve got a decent points return this far.

But we must live in hope that when our injuries clear up we have a decent team and we’ve the ability to climb again. 

Starting to have similar fears. 

Just now, madge said:

Then we will be moaning about the next owner and wishing them to sell, then we will be moaning about the next owner and wishing them to sell......

We were weak enough prior to first whistle but that tackle, sorry assault, was pure blind madness. Then we let Valery go on loan. I thought it a poor decision before this game and so it proves to be. Hope it’s not 9 or worse.

Without defending the tackle one iota, I do think the red card rule is ridiculous. One moment of madness by one kid, and the entire game is ruined as a spectacle... for both teams.  There are so many better ways to deal with this. Send off the player, and ban him for three games, fine the club, whatever...  but allow a substitute so the game can be 11 v 11.  Or allow a substitute after 10 mins.  No need to ruin the game.     I've held this view when red cards have been in our favor. It's one thing when it's the end of the game. But in the first few mins...   makes no sense. I hope, one day, they fix this.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Man Utd 9-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic