Anyone starting to look nervously at the table?

washsaint

6 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

If Fulham were to win their three most winnable games - Palace, Newcastle and Burnley - That would put them a whole point ahead of where we are now. We would have four games in hand, including Fulham, Brighton, Palace, West Brom, Burnley and two games against Leeds. All their other games would be against 10 of the top 13, Saints being theoretically the worst.

We aren’t in a relegation fight.

6 pointer. 😉

• Confused 1

For all you twats that don’t think we are embroiled in a relegation fight....wake up. 
we have been shite for weeks and now we have a run of games that we are very unlikely to get much from at all. 
put your Ralph tinted glasses away and give your heads a wobble. 
we are utter shite. 
in fact fucking embarrassing under Hassenhutle. 

Edited by saint lard
  • Like 1

Just now, aintforever said:

I think it’s fair to say we are in a relegation fight now, we are awful.

Yep. Given two of the next three are Everton and City away, we badly need to beat Sheff Utd or we will be bang in trouble.

We have lost the same number of games as Fulham.

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

We will stutter and dribble our way another 6/7 points in the games against Palace, Brighton, Fulham, Sheff Utd, Burnley, Leeds and possibly a surprise draw at somewhere like Spurs or West Ham. No amount of Saints sh*tiness will make the teams below us good.

All the other teams, bar West Brom are picking up the odd win. Some against us.
It's not as unlikely as you think. Where do you see us getting the next point? Can't see us beating Sheff Utd away.

Edited by BotleySaint

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

We will stutter and dribble our way another 6/7 points in the games against Palace, Brighton, Fulham, Sheff Utd, Burnley, Leeds and possibly a surprise draw at somewhere like Spurs or West Ham. No amount of Saints sh*tiness will make the teams below us good.

I wouldn't be quite so sure.   As somebody else said above it would be very Saintsy for us to top the table and then get relegated.  It's what we do. 

7 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Can’t immediately see where those points are, myself. 

We are in relegation form, as much as Sheffield United have been in all season.

But I'm still thankful we got the points on the board we did. We still have a decent cushion and some favourable fixtures coming up, maybe not immediately, but I still can't imagine us not getting 6-7 points from those remaining games and that will do us.

Season closed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

We are in relegation form, as much as Sheffield United have been in all season.

But I'm still thankful we got the points on the board we did. We still have a decent cushion and some favourable fixtures coming up, maybe not immediately, but I still can't imagine us not getting 6-7 points from those remaining games and that will do us.

Season closed.

Which games and how?

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Granted, it doesn't look likely at the moment - as it wouldn't do for any team on this run of form, but we will get points in our remaining games. Of that I have no doubt.

Even this rabble can do that.

Really hope so. Looks pretty difficult for Ralph to turn this around. 

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Granted, it doesn't look likely at the moment - as it wouldn't do for any team on this run of form, but we will get points in our remaining games. Of that I have no doubt.

Even this rabble can do that.

I agree. This team isn’t 2007 Derby. We’ve been in games, even if we are mentally weak and devoid of confidence. The fact that we got a point at in form Chelsea and were good for a win against Wolves until that penalty shows we have something about us.

If I’m wrong and Chelsea ends up being our only point in 20 consecutive games then whatever, I’m giving up football.

13 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I agree. This team isn’t 2007 Derby. We’ve been in games, even if we are mentally weak and devoid of confidence. The fact that we got a point at in form Chelsea and were good for a win against Wolves until that penalty shows we have something about us.

If I’m wrong and Chelsea ends up being our only point in 20 consecutive games then whatever, I’m giving up football.

I'll start supporting Woman's netball if that is the outcome.

At least there will be a benefit to watching that.

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I'll start supporting Woman's netball if that is the outcome.

At least there will be a benefit to watching that.

I’ve genuinely been getting into women’s biathlon skiing during the lockdown. Also, having just seen the draft for The Hundred, I’ll probably be more into that come summer. We’ve got a decent side, especially with the ball.

Remember 88/89. Top after a few games, playing good football then we went on a 20 match winless run from November to April, we weren’t playing that badly but just kept losing. This feels exactly like that. In that run we got a last minute penalty at home to Newcastle to hand us a 1-0 win, we ended up finishing the season fairly well, the following season we were brilliant and finished 7th with one of the best saints teams I’ve ever seen.

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Remember 88/89. Top after a few games, playing good football then we went on a 20 match winless run from November to April, we weren’t playing that badly but just kept losing. This feels exactly like that. In that run we got a last minute penalty at home to Newcastle to hand us a 1-0 win, we ended up finishing the season fairly well, the following season we were brilliant and finished 7th with one of the best saints teams I’ve ever seen.

I was thinking about that before. But what happened the following season ? Wasn’t that another 19 game winless run. In fact I feel sure that’s the season you’re on about mate. That 89 team was superb, well at attacking anyway. Then the next season we had a good start and then collapsed before, like you say, a,late penalty against Newcastle, think it was Razor that scored. Then I think we beat Blackburn when Timmy saved a Shearer penalty. That was 90/91. Or am I wrong?