Summer Transfer Window 2021

Dusic

12 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

I've seen what he's done now. He got his domino effect tweet out just as the Kane story was breaking and now making out he's in on it. (See? see?)

Absolute chancer.

9 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

I'll never understand this.

People who make shit up or want to appear like they know just to impress a bunch absolute fucking strangers on the internet.

"Domino effect"... Yeah it's a transfer window you stupid fucking cunt.

Can I have a go at it?

Guys, guys:  You’ve heard it here first — we are looking at Fullbacks.

• Haha 1

I think people need to stop referring to some players as "back-ups". 

We need 2 players who are fairly close in ability to each other in each position so that we have legitimate competition and csn maintain and push quality, standards and consistency levels. 

IF we bought Perroud for 10m and Neco Williams for 10m that would be great. Williams would provide great competition on both sides. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MarkSFC said:

We need 2 players who are fairly close in ability to each other in each position so that we have legitimate competition and csn maintain and push quality, standards and consistency levels. 

IF we bought Perroud for 10m and Neco Williams for 10m that would be great. Williams would provide great competition on both sides. 

Impact players as Nigel would say.

53 minutes ago, MarkSFC said:

We need flexibility.

Bring in players in same position with different qualities so we can select them based on the opposition.

That s what we do with the keepers and what we should be doing in other positions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Maehle is showing that we were at least looking at the right player. Seeing him play this well on the left for Denmark though is pretty depressing.

Yep, should have got it done - player made it clear he wanted to join. Probably hangling over pennies when we have wasted so much over the  last 5 years or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Yep, should have got it done - player made it clear he wanted to join. Probably hangling over pennies when we have wasted so much over the  last 5 years or so.

Maehle looks a player.   Carillo and Hoedt combined cost was around 33 million - and what, haggling over 2 million for Maehle?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Would we have been able to afford KWP too if we'd got him though? Not sure I'd want to swap them.

3 hours ago, MarkSFC said:

Has anyone seen much of Williams? Whenever I've watched him - which hasn't been all that often - he's looked pretty unexceptional.

What's notable about him other than not being remotely good enough for Liverpool?

13 minutes ago, igsey said:

Would we have been able to afford KWP too if we'd got him though? Not sure I'd want to swap them.

Yeah this was pretty much what I was thinking watching the game. He looked great, but we've done really well with KWP so I have no complaints.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Maehle is showing that we were at least looking at the right player. Seeing him play this well on the left for Denmark though is pretty depressing.

I think when we were linked with Maehle he was playing RB as well.

Agree, shame we didn't get him when we had the opportunity.

• Like 1

Southampton lead chase for Blackburn striker

Southampton are leading the race for Blackburn Rovers striker Alan Armstrong, who looks set to move to the Premier League this summer.

Norwich City recently joined the hunt for the 24-year-old, who has a year left on his contract at Ewood Park and would expect to fetch £10million for his club.

Armstrong has scored 46 goals in the last two seasons in the Championship and was scouted by a number of top-flight clubs last season.

5 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Southampton are leading the race for Blackburn Rovers striker Alan Armstrong, who looks set to move to the Premier League this summer.

Norwich City recently joined the hunt for the 24-year-old, who has a year left on his contract at Ewood Park and would expect to fetch £10million for his club.

Armstrong has scored 46 goals in the last two seasons in the Championship and was scouted by a number of top-flight clubs last season.

£10-15m is much more realistic with his contract situation than the £25m the Venky's wanted. Think he'd be quite a snip at that price.

I can only see us signing him though if Ings leaves, so if that progresses I'd expect Ings to be off at the same time.

Thanks for posting these SuperSaint btw, always nice to see that you've posted in here as it's usually something interesting 👍

Mike McGrath is one of the DT's more accurate reporters when it comes to transfers.

Not seen much of Armstrong but you can see clearly that he is a natural finisher. Whether he has enough about him to get those chances in the PL, I am not sure.

He could been seen as an Ings replacement but that would be a ludicrous gamble. As an addition alongside Ings it would give us three strikers plus Tella and Walcott - so well stocked.

Sell N'Lundulu, loan Obafemi and Long (til contract ends).

Obviously all depends on Ings and that situation will go on for a while unfortunately.

Edited by Dusic

Quite a decent array of finishes on his YouTube collection - left and right foot; one on ones; sharp finishes etc. Hard to know if he would have the movement and mentality for Prem, but looks an instinctive finisher, and could potentially compliment Che well. 

2 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Isn't his name Adam? I remember us chasing Alun Armstrong a striker from Stockport back in the 90s, who ended up at Middlesbrough and Ipswich and didn't really turn out to be the player they both hoped he would be. Just like Saints to be leading the chase for the wrong player... 🤣

Edited by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

2 hours ago, ErwinK1961 said:

£10-15m is much more realistic with his contract situation than the £25m the Venky's wanted. Think he'd be quite a snip at that price.

I can only see us signing him though if Ings leaves, so if that progresses I'd expect Ings to be off at the same time.

Thanks for posting these SuperSaint btw, always nice to see that you've posted in here as it's usually something interesting 👍

Agree with all that.  Thanks for the kind words, too.

• Like 1

We're loosely linked with Nat Phillips in a (less than relaible article) on BBC Gossip Column this morning.

Also West Ham and Spurs interested in the Fiorentina GK we've been previously mentioned with.

So, nothing of substance.

Willing to pay 15m for Tavares. From what I hear about him he has good physical characteristics but is other than that dreadful. Apparently dreadful crosser, passer ect.

Hope we steer well clear. Perraud in, Brandon Williams on loan with an option, and then turn our attention to attacking mid and GK please.

20 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

I would be amazed if we sign a new GK, whilst it's clearly an area of weakness I just can't see it.

I can't see us not buying a new GK. With Gunn on his way to Norwich we will have two GK, both of whom are out of contract in 2022 and may not even be here by the end of this window (and are shite). It's our biggest weakness after LB. Put it this way, when we bought Gunn, both Forster and McCarthy were already on the same contracts they are now, three years ago!

1 hour ago, TWar said:

Willing to pay 15m for Tavares. From what I hear about him he has good physical characteristics but is other than that dreadful. Apparently dreadful crosser, passer ect.

Hope we steer well clear. Perraud in, Brandon Williams on loan with an option, and then turn our attention to attacking mid and GK please.

So you would be happy to only have three senior full backs, one of whom is only on loan?

Guarentee you, as with last season, every other PL club will have four.

Edited by Dusic

1 hour ago, Badger said:

We're loosely linked with Nat Phillips in a (less than relaible article) on BBC Gossip Column this morning.

Also West Ham and Spurs interested in the Fiorentina GK we've been previously mentioned with.

So, nothing of substance.

I would take Nat Phillips definitely.

I'd put a price on one of Bednarek or Stephens and see who bites.

Edit to add: looks like he's definitely up for sale with bin dippers quoting around £12m.

Edited by JustinSFC

8 minutes ago, Dusic said:

So you would be happy to only have three senior full backs, one of whom is only on loan?

Guarentee you, as with last season, every other PL club will have four.

We have a lot of players who can cover fullback  - JWP, Diallo, Salisu, Stephens - and the option to move to a 3atb and play a wingback. Neither is the ideal solution but it will be a rare thing to have to do with three fullbacks most likely. I just don't think signing three fullbacks in one window is the best way to go, especially since our squad is full of other, bigger, holes once we have three fullbacks nailed down.

Edited by TWar

18 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

I would take Nat Phillips definitely.

I'd put a price on one of Bednarek or Stephens and see who bites.

Edit to add: looks like he's definitely up for sale with bin dippers quoting around £12m.

Is Phillips better than Bednarek? I haven't seen much to suggest so.

If any CB leaves it will be Vestergaard.

1 hour ago, Dusic said:

Is Phillips better than Bednarek? I haven't seen much to suggest so.

If any CB leaves it will be Vestergaard.

Will he be in a year? I suspect so. And if so, worth doing and getting rid of Bednarek or Stephens. Salisu and Vestergaard if he stays should be our starting pair. 

24 minutes ago, Antrimsaint said:

I see Billy Gilmour in the tabloids for us in the papers today as a loan. Can’t see it personally but a nice get if it comes off.

He looks a great player, but JWP, Diallo, Romeu, and Gilmour seems unlikely. 

Just now, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Potentially an excellent signing to play alongside Salisu if Arsenal let us have him cheap in exchange for guaranteed playing time.

Do arsenal still have about 700 centre-backs or have they sold a few now?

12 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

I think we were linked with him before he signed for Arsenal.

Looks like we are going to be utilising the loan market a lot this season. I used to be against loans but if they instantly improve the first team or pad out the squad depth or even have a loan-to-buy clause, then I think they're a good idea. Plus if they're crap, we only have to put up with them for a season!

3 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

I think we were linked with him before he signed for Arsenal.

Looks like we are going to be utilising the loan market a lot this season. I used to be against loans but if they instantly improve the first team or pad out the squad depth or even have a loan-to-buy clause, then I think they're a good idea. Plus if they're crap, we only have to put up with them for a season!

I think it's something we absolutely need to get better at. The loan market is perfect for the reasons you state. Lots of players aren't going to be getting game time at their parent clubs. Would love us to be bang on with the two loans we are allowed in the domestic market.