Summer Transfer Window 2021

Dusic

1 minute ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

Messi now a free agent. CHDAJFU?

No.

Minamino would be a better option: he knows the league, knows Ralph's tactics, is younger, and would have resale value.

Nurse. Get me back to my room. The haddock has stolen my unicycle.

• Haha 1

A lot of people said we'd never sign Kevin Keegan and look what happened!!!

Surely if we were to sign Messi it'd be the perfect time to expand St Marys, we can give more tickets to away fans who will want to see Messi and we might finally have those bus loads of fans coming from Hastings, Cirencester, Truro and Gwent to see premier league football. We'd probably cover Messis wages in increased hot dog sales alone! Lets stop with the Dell sized mentality people!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Well, to be fair, there isn't any speculation linking Messi with us, so if we apply the MLG Keegan principle he's definitely signing for us.

Fantastic work Semmens and team 👏 

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Did they say that? Wasn't it a signing completely out of the blue with no prior speculation?

Signing Keegan was all about Lawrie selling the concept of playing for a club like ours.... and the challange of it ........today its all about greed money and agent fees

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gammon cheeks said:

Signing Keegan was all about Lawrie selling the concept of playing for a club like ours.... and the challange of it ........today its all about greed money and agent fees

I wonder how we sell ourselves now?

57 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Looks a natural fit to be fair:

---------McCarthy
KWP Bednirek Salisu Perrier
-------Diallo Romeu
Armstrong (S)--------Messi
----Armstrong (A) Adams

What a team! 6 Ballon D'Or between them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Dusic said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-transfer-news-takehiro-tomiyasu-b943652.html

Suggests we had an interest in this lad, but seemingly no longer.

RB/CB would have been an option to replace JV and provide RB cover I guess.

Feels to me like Vesty could still go — makes sense in order to finance the amount of signings we need.

14 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

Just imagine.....we beat Everton 1-0 in Rafa's first game and......wait for it......Theo scores the only goal in his first "official" game having signed permanently from them. Unlikely I know but imagine the "fallout in the land of dugouts"  

Come now, you're being disingenuous, its "the land of dugouts and floodlights".

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Don't really understand what's happened with Reiss Nelson.  Had a great loan to the Bundesliga a couple of years ago but Arsenal don't seem to really rate or trust him.  I wouldn't blame him for looking for a move.

Trouble is, off the top of my head, they've got Reiss Nelson, Joe Willock, Balogun, Eddie Nketieh (sp?) and even Smith-Rowe all playing that forward type role and all needing to be playing at this stage of their career.  They've probably got a couple of others knocking on the first team door.  

4 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Trouble is, off the top of my head, they've got Reiss Nelson, Joe Willock, Balogun, Eddie Nketieh (sp?) and even Smith-Rowe all playing that forward type role and all needing to be playing at this stage of their career.  They've probably got a couple of others knocking on the first team door.  

Martinelli too. They are absolutely stacked.

4 hours ago, revolution saint said:

in terms of youth talent, them and Chelsea seem to grab pretty much anyone decent south of Birmingham. Seems along time ago now that Shaw chose us ahead of Chelsea. Not sure we beat them to the punch these days with all the money they throw at the youth system.

• Like 1

Just now, Chez said:

in terms of youth talent, them and Chelsea seem to grab pretty much anyone decent south of Birmingham. Seems along time ago now that Shaw chose us ahead of Chelsea. Not sure we beat them to the punch these days with all the money they throw at the youth system.

Indeed.  They probably get better coaching but WAY less chance of playing first team football.