Lyanco

Saint Matty 76

1 hour ago, stevy777_x said:

Torino fans seem delighted to have sold him, not a good omen but will reserve judgement. Hope we haven t signed another Hoedt.

That would be a hoot!

Come on lads give the poor sod a chance. He's not even here yet!

Edited by Charlie Wayman
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Simple song for this one...

Lyanco, Lyanco, Lyanco, Lyanco etc etc etc

Tune of the old 'ere we go song famous on the terraces in the 70s, 80's and early 90s

Has any song that has been proposed on here ever been taken up????

My next door neighbour is a Liverpool fan, imagine his excitement when his song 'If its good enough for you' was taken up by the KOP

Edited by OldNick

4 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Leaves us approx £25m to spend - that is if you believe every penny is reinvested. 

Im not saying you are wrong, but we also need to factor wages, agent fee etc.  So if we get say £50m in sales, id imagine the fee we have to spend is closer to £40-45m.

3 minutes ago, OldNick said:

My next door neighbour is a Liverpool fan, imagine his excitement when his song 'If its good enough for you' was taken up by the KOP

No, because if it's not to the tune of seven nation army or includes a line about hating pompey it never will

46 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Lyon fans slated Lovren and thought they’d mugged us off and that turned out alright. OK, he was a cock but played well and we made a profit on him. Actually seems a similar kind of deal to the Lovren one. Hopefully this leaves enough money to get the Everton kid and continue Crockers assembly of the team of the 20’s….

Yeh was going to point out the same, so there is always the chance he might just be a bit of a twit and that is why the Torino fans don't like him or he's wanted to leave or something. 

8 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Your maths is wrong.

You have overlooked agent fees, signing on fees, % of transfer to former clubs and loyalty bonuses to the departing players.

Doesnt every club have to pay these or is it just us?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

No, because if it's not to the tune of seven nation army or includes a line about hating pompey it never will

Ahh this is easy then, we can be the new Lennon and McCartney.

Lyanco is a donkey, he hates Pompey

He might turn out alright. But sums up everything that is wrong with the club. 

Cutting corners. Going cheap. Not replacing at the level we had last season. Signing someone who can’t communicate with the rest of the defence. 

And the whole argument of “saving 20m” for Jan is rubbish. We’ll be down by then. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Clearly a good player for squad depth as he can play in two much needed positions and offers different strengths to our other CBs.  Can't imagine he'll be first choice though.

So our first choice pairing will be Bednerek and Salisu. I was hoping for an upgrade.

Jesus we have a bunch of miserable bastards on here.

Spending £20 million plus sure as hell does not instantly buy you success, at best it % wise might give you a slightly better chance.

Many top players came from absolutely nowhere for very little money but were recognised as having that potential. Give the lad a chance, our transfer business so far in this window has been decent.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, beatlesaint said:

So our first choice pairing will be Bednerek and Salisu. I was hoping for an upgrade.

Not a big surprise really.  We bought Salisu to develop and sell for a massive profit.  To do that he's got to play regularly and be a great player for us.  This new guy might be an upgrade on Bednarek but that would be a big askgiven that Bednarek has proven himself a dependable (not elite) CB for us.  I'd like to think that the new guy will at least put pressue on Bednarek and Stephens.

5 minutes ago, Alanh said:

Not a big surprise really.  We bought Salisu to develop and sell for a massive profit.  To do that he's got to play regularly and be a great player for us.  This new guy might be an upgrade on Bednarek but that would be a big askgiven that Bednarek has proven himself a dependable (not elite) CB for us.  I'd like to think that the new guy will at least put pressue on Bednarek and Stephens.

Plus, without extending his contract, we will only be able to sell Salisu for a big fee if we do so at the end of this season.

He is surely nailed on to start the majority of games.

Defensive stats are hit and miss. Would assume the scouts see someone we can work with as there are some decent options around and we must feel he is amongst the best.

Edited by Dusic

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Squad player at a team that finished 17th in Serie A last season. Hardly seems the type to come in and improve us straight away.

Not the leadership and experience at the back we are desperate for. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Clearly a good player for squad depth as he can play in two much needed positions and offers different strengths to our other CBs.  Can't imagine he'll be first choice though.

We should be making signings for the first 11 thus making the current batch the depth. 

Bednarek has been a mainstay in a defence that has leaked goals for fun under Ralph. He's a 3rd choice CB playing 1st choice, much like Yoshida when we sold Fonte. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Considering how shit our CBs are, if we are signing someone to be backup to them we have big problems.

Can't say I'm very enthused by this signing but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen him play.

3 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

If Torino sold him to us for 22million would that satisfy some of you more?

Perhaps he is a bargain and can shore up our leaky defence. Got to give him a chance as some players rise to a new challenge and this could be just that.

No because he's bad. If we had spent 22 million people would ask "why have we spent 22 million on this crap squad player?" As is people ask why have we signed a crap squad player (albeit for cheap) when we have a big hole in the squad and should have quite a lot of money to spend?

Edited by TWar

1 hour ago, OldNick said:

The Rickie Lambert chant was first posted on here. 

32 minutes ago, TWar said:

Tackle % of 45%
Pressure % of 30%
3.2 tackles+interceptions a game.
Aerial duel % 59%

This guy is bang average at best. Vast majority of his stats are the same or worse than Jack Stephens.

will be interesting to see if the stats play out in this case or is it a result of his team and formation.

Our analysts, manager etc must of seen something in there in his stats - he has been scouted by man u and recently lille so there must be something.

26 minutes ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

Jesus we have a bunch of miserable bastards on here.

Spending £20 million plus sure as hell does not instantly buy you success, at best it % wise might give you a slightly better chance.

Many top players came from absolutely nowhere for very little money but were recognised as having that potential. Give the lad a chance, our transfer business so far in this window has been decent.

Yep. Agree. Let's write this guy off before he's even had a medical here. So many "experts" on this site. Arsenal paid £50m for Ben White and he didn't look all that clever against the "mighty" Brentford last week. 

Anyway - let's all gather around a slit our wrists together. By the way......we are playing Man U this week - a club probably 20 times richer than us, and probably one of the hot favourites to win the league this year. Logically speaking, we will probably get beaten, possibly by a few goals. I can't wait for the melt down on this site when that happens. Get real people, we are a small fish in a pond of very big fish. One day, maybe this season, maybe next season, maybe the season after, we will get relegated. It's what happens in football. If you can't stand the thought of that, I suggest you bugger off now and take up knitting or embroidery instead. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TWar said:

No because he's bad. If we had spent 22 million people would ask "why have we spent 22 million on this crap squad player?" As is people ask why have we signed a crap squad player (albeit for cheap) when we have a big hole in the squad and should have quite a lot of money to spend?

You have no idea how good or bad he is.  You've seen some stats and watched some clips on The YouTube and come to a decision based on that.  If you're lucky you may have heard of him before this afternoon.  On the face of it it does look a pretty whelming transfer but until you've seen him play (and play for us) you really can't be making any kind of informed judgement on him.

This player seems very underwhelming indeed. Of all the names listed on this forum as options he clearly wasn't one. This does not mean of course that he will not be any good. We have signed others who most might of thought were going ro be good but we're not. BUT the issue I have is that we have enough money to purchase (in theory) better and or more suited. 

Who really knows until he arrives and plays but right now it's deflating. 

I'm just praying we have another coming too even though all the noises have suggested just one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldNick said:

We're a bit shit at songs tbf, We even "Paid" Celtic for their cracking Armstrong song and I haven't heard that once 😂