Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

For all the pleasure at Ipswich losing. Remember that if Saints don't go up, they'll face two tough local derbies that most other teams don't have.

It is just going to get harder isn't it

Just now, macca155 said:

For all the pleasure at Ipswich losing. Remember that if Saints don't go up, they'll face two tough local derbies that most other teams don't have.

It is just going to get harder isn't it

two?

Just now, CB Fry said:

Ipswich v Norwich play off semi is very much possible.

That's how I see it.

Norwich v Ipswich (6th v 3rd)

WBA v Saints (5th v 4th)

Final of Saints v Ipswich, just a feeling.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

That's how I see it.

Norwich v Ipswich (6th v 3rd)

WBA v Saints (5th v 4th)

Final of Saints v Ipswich, just a feeling.

despite losing to Ipswich twice i feel we could win that 

not sure we could beat leeds or leicester 

• Like 1

What a huge weekend it was for Leicester, they took full advantage when it looked like they were about to slip up too. From them wobbling badly, they have stabilised themselves a bit and put themselves right back up there, with a game in hand (win that and they're 6 points clear of Ipswich). It's going to be interesting to watch from afar, I 'think' it'll be Leeds and Leicester but I couldn't tell you what order.

They're fortunate they both have to play us, so they can count on those 3 points in the bag.

26 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

What a huge weekend it was for Leicester, they took full advantage when it looked like they were about to slip up too. From them wobbling badly, they have stabilised themselves a bit and put themselves right back up there, with a game in hand (win that and they're 6 points clear of Ipswich). It's going to be interesting to watch from afar, I 'think' it'll be Leeds and Leicester but I couldn't tell you what order.

They're fortunate they both have to play us, so they can count on those 3 points in the bag.

Isn’t their game in hand at home against us?

3 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Isn’t their game in hand at home against us?

Yep, exactly. So they'll end up being 6 points clear of Ipswich going into the final 2 games.

On 06/04/2024 at 14:57, Galway saint said:

despite losing to Ipswich twice i feel we could win that 

not sure we could beat leeds or leicester 

If we make the final I think we could beat Ipswich as VAR would undermine their brutal game, But we have to make every effort to finish 4th so we are home in the second leg of the semi final.

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Watching the United V Liverpool game. 
seeing Maguire spaz about the pitch, England are screwed in the summer

Do you not think your choice of language is utterly disgusting in this day and age?

• Like 1

Leicester fans forum seems extremely similar to ours. From just their last page on Enzo (every line is a different poster).

I'm probably alone here, and I find it hard to understand myself, but how can football under Enzo, despite being top of the table, be more unenjoyable and frustrating than anything served up by Rodgers who got us relegated. 

Get rid of the Pep wannabe. His fault we lost. No tqctics

Likeable bloke but he's far too attached to one system which is a chore to watch and is easily out-witted by poor managers with poor squads.

We're just so, so boring to watch - in fact, I don't want to watch us anymore. You know it'll be 90+ minutes of slow, tedious, sideward passes which does nothing at all to actually advance or progress the game. It's just pony and he seems unable to even contemplate trying to play a different way. It's shite.

I’ve defended the style of football but I’m just so bored of it now. Slow ponderous and boring. 

He’s lost the team they just don’t want to play for him. New manager clear out the team get rid of those running the club

I don’t think anyone thinks we’re going to sack him, it’s just what a lot of us are praying for

I think we need to part ways in the summer regardless of what happens. 

Enzo has been soul destroying since day 1 

Personally, bar a few games in December I've not enjoyed our style this season and wouldn't be sorry to see him go when the seasonsdone 

Anyone who seriously believes Enzo is a long term fit at this club must be watching something different, we’re where we are because the squad is better than 90% of the league. 

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Leicester fans forum seems extremely similar to ours. From just their last page on Enzo (every line is a different poster).

I'm probably alone here, and I find it hard to understand myself, but how can football under Enzo, despite being top of the table, be more unenjoyable and frustrating than anything served up by Rodgers who got us relegated. 

Likeable bloke but he's far too attached to one system which is a chore to watch and is easily out-witted by poor managers with poor squads.

We're just so, so boring to watch - in fact, I don't want to watch us anymore. You know it'll be 90+ minutes of slow, tedious, sideward passes which does nothing at all to actually advance or progress the game. It's just pony and he seems unable to even contemplate trying to play a different way. It's shite.

I’ve defended the style of football but I’m just so bored of it now. Slow ponderous and boring. 

He’s lost the team they just don’t want to play for him. New manager clear out the team get rid of those running the club

I don’t think anyone thinks we’re going to sack him, it’s just what a lot of us are praying for

Personally, bar a few games in December I've not enjoyed our style this season and wouldn't be sorry to see him go when the seasonsdone 

Anyone who seriously believes Enzo is a long term fit at this club must be watching something different, we’re where we are because the squad is better than 90% of the league. 

I've seen comments from Leeds fans tonight saying they were too slow and that Farke had got it wrong. They were also annoyed about team selection against Watford.

We've had people moaning so much about Martin here and saying the Leicester and Leeds managers are far better yet if you read their forums you wouldn't think it.

16 hours ago, The Kraken said:

16 hours ago, The Cat said:

I've seen comments from Leeds fans tonight saying they were too slow and that Farke had got it wrong. They were also annoyed about team selection against Watford.

We've had people moaning so much about Martin here and saying the Leicester and Leeds managers are far better yet if you read their forums you wouldn't think it.

Leicester v Saints and Leeds v Saints are going to be terribly boring if all they say is true.

A bit like what we say on here, not all that seems to be so really is so.  I am looking forward to the former game, less so to the latter.  Who can tell what the future might bring?  Think positive!

Ipswich didnt take advantage of Leicester and Leeds slipping up.

Hope we dont live to regret the end of the Ipswich and Middlesboro games. Things wouldnt be looking too bad if we hadn't dropped those 3 points

Ipswich drop points again.

10 points the difference with us having two games in hand, still a huge ask,  but autos don’t look absolutely insurmountable again after the midweek results.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

10 points the difference with us having two games in hand, still a huge ask,  but autos don’t look absolutely insurmountable again after the midweek results.

Huge. We would need to win all 6 games.

Watford
Preston
Cardiff
Leicester
Stoke
Leeds

We ain't doing that. We can beat any of those teams, but we could draw or lose to any of them too.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

13 minutes ago, It's There said:

Ipswich stuttering…

Stop it.

At least until after Saturday, when we play … Watford. 🤐

Let’s hope whoever of those three doesn’t make it, is devastated for the playoffs. Ipswich v Norwich, having not beaten them for 14 years (I think) would be an interesting watch.

Edited by ErwinK1961

18 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

No chance. We need to win every single games and we absolutely won't.

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

didn't they once say man would never climb Everest?

Yes but they didn't have Russell Martin on the job. He'd probably swap out the Sherpas for Stephens and Manning 

• Haha 3