Spurs 3-2 Saints - FA Cup Reaction

ALWAYS_SFC

why was this not VAR checked?

Because the FA/PL all cheating s**mbags-

Even BT’s Mark Clattenburg doesn’t want to come live on air because every man and his dog knows that wasn’t a foul and he doesn’t want to discredit his mates

So let me get this right. The spurs penalty with no contact counts. But the Ings penalty against Liverpool on Saturday with contact does not count? And people still think VAR creates a level playing field?

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk

This.

All the hype about wiping out diving and the VAR check allows the dive for a penalty, it’s incomprehensible, it’s really clear, is it not, or is it just me?!

How annoying. Typical plucky underdog performance, just not enough quality unfortunately. That's the true reality

Enough quality to dominate the game. Missing chances though and also looking too vulnerable to the counter against an under-performing team.

Enough quality to dominate the game. Missing chances though and also looking too vulnerable to the counter against an under-performing team.

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. Conceding three goals wherever is going to mean a defeat most of the time!

Just need more players who can score goals, Redmond needs more this year and we need the same from midfield.

The big issue for us in the last 15mins was Romeu, as he often does, just doesn't have the legs and they dtarted bypassing him with ease, hence why he just started fouling until he got the yellow.

Aside from this we were excellent and deserved to win, no question.

We might all be gutted because we were better than them, but the reality is spurs beat us in 15 - 20 minutes, they didn't start playing until 75 minutes in. I said we'd rue the missed chances when JWP went off, and that's how it transpired. No Spurs didn't deserve to win, but we have only ourselves to blame. Crap night.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. Conceding three goals wherever is going to mean a defeat most of the time!

Just need more players who can score goals, Redmond needs more this year and we need the same from midfield.

Agreed, this (highly entertaining) balls out full press system does kind of rely on scoring the numerous chances it creates. Inevitable that a/it will leave gaps at the back and b/we will tire towards the end and leave even more gaps.

We've conceded 30 goals in the 11 games Cedric hasn't played in this season, and we've only won 1 of them.

We really didn't we just have no grit when it comes to keeping a lead!

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Its not Grit, it is a lack of speed in the midfield.

They put Lucas in the middle who started to run at Romeu and Vestergaard and big gaps started to appear.

Not a coincidence.

We need to upgrade center mid in summer and get rid of Vestergaard.

Maybe just me but I thought our sub decisions were bad. We deserved to win the game and it was never a penalty but our changes didn't help us at all.

I wouldn't have messed with the two CB's as they have a good pairing and were doing well. If anything I would have brought Vokins on and switched Bertrand to right back.

Gutted to lose that one. Can't fault the players at all.

We've only got ourselves to blame. We were the far better team but if you score twice and lose you've not defended well enough. 2 legs and all we've got to show for it is two injured midfielders and no winter break. Heyho we move on.

Sorry, that's rubbish. Their first was a jammy deflection, their second was a superb finish (like Ings' was), and the third doesn't need describing further.