• JWP
    • Romeu
    • Armstrong
    • Djenepo
    • Adams
    • Walcott
    • Redmond
    • Long

This is an incredibly "all on the same page" team, and what makes it even more impressive is that its cohesion has survived significant line-up changes.

Ralph has drilled an instinctive pass and move style into them which, if they do it quickly, is extremely hard to counter.

Every game it's difficult to pick a MOTM, which says everything.

• Like 5

we are a top side at the moment.  cant fault anyone tonight we were awesome. how do you pick a MOTM from a performance like that? when you look back from the last 12 months  we shouldn't be surprised. I fancy our chances against anyone at the moment. we play great attractive football now and again it wont work and we'll get turned over rest of the time we will come out on top. our work ethic is unreal.

Really enjoying this interview with Theo. He clearly loves being back with us, and he was very noble to say he didn't think it should have been a penalty.

He had a really good game tonight and was unlucky not to score. Had a hand in both goals and caused them problems all night.

I'm gonna print that league table off and stick it on my bedroom wall so I can fall asleep looking at it and see it as soon as I wake up.

• Like 7

So we can't be at the ground to watch and celebrate this together, but for those of us that are keeping the candle burning on this website, we share the lows and the highs together and so from me to everyone on here and Saints fans everywhere - CONGRATULATIONS! It may only be temporary but damn it feels good.

• Like 12

What a solid performance, and fulsome praise from the commentators about the exciting, entertaining way that we play. Che Adams continues to grow as a scoring force and was ably abetted by Walcott. The midfield continues to be marshaled well by Romeu and Ward-Prowse protecting the defence, who as a result weren't overly troubled and whenever threatened, stood firm. McCarthy was mostly a spectator, but late on produced a world class save to keep the clean sheet. 

We ought to have been weakened by being without Ings and Bertrand, but it didn't seem that way. OK, Ings might well have pounced on one or more of the chances that we created, and Bertrand would have produced more forward threat up the left than Stephens did, but it didn't matter, as we were comfortable throughout most of the match.

Let's hope that the international break doesn't halt our momentum, or produce any injuries, and that instead it benefits us by giving us time for injuries to heal and for team cohesion to improve still further. This is a good team we have, and with great spirit and fitness levels. Hasenhuttl  has done a good job of late and the results are a credit to him and the players, who are doing us proud.

• Like 4