Saints 1-0 Liverpool — Reaction

Jimmy_D

MotM  

305 members have voted

1. 1. MotM

Amazing win, felt a lot like the Man City game last season.

Ings was great, both Ward-Peterses were outstanding along with Diallo in the midfield.

Shout out to Andre Mariner too who wasn't falling for any of their shit!

Looking forward to Klopp's interview!

• Like 3

That was fantastic. Only thing that would have made it better would have been valery nutmegging alisson for a goal.

Diallo in particular stood out as my MOM among a great team performance. Was worried before the game about romeu being out but if diallo keeps playing like that he'll keep romeu out of the team.

Great to see the 3 young subs helping us across the line.

4 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Abso-fucking-lutely bloody marvellous.

'Taters said that is 7 seasons in a row that we have won at least 1 game against the previous season's champions.

New all time record, 1st team to beat 7 league champions the following season

Edited by danjosaint
  • Like 1

Oh FFS. Why do they insist on getting Carragher to pundit on every Liverpool game. We've just won a monumental victory against them and straight away he's just wanking in about them and doesn't say a single word about us. What a massive prick.

Anyway, what a result that is. You know it's all because of the insurance bets I put on in the last 10 mins, so if anyone wants to chuck some cash my way as a thank you that would be wonderful 😉

4 points off the top after 17 games. Can't sniff at that!

Jaime Carragher weill now spend 1 hour talking about Liverpool not being good enough

He wont mention Saints at all

Well done lads.  Well played and once we started bringing on the youth we started pushing forward

Oh, and HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Confucius say, if Salah is in the Saints box, and there isn't a saint player near him, and he falls down, does he get a penalty?

• Like 1

Think Forster started real shaky and was expecting a bad night for him but he actually did quite well, considering he hadn't played prem footie in ages, happy for him. 

Diallo great, don't think anyone had a bad game. Walcott messed up a couple chances but still played his part.

Ralph bloody Hasenhüttl, what a legend. Full Time reaction says it all. Hope he stays for a long time but I'm gunna enjoy it while it lasts. 

• Like 1

Diallo MOTM for me, absolutely superb. His work rate, hassle and composure on the ball exceptional. He’s going to be a top top player. 

credit to the back 4 who all defended like their life depended on it. 

What a player KWP has become. 

Side note. Not sure tella is ready just yet. Ndululu looks to have a bit about him, much rather him off the bench than long tbh. 

2 minutes ago, SKD said:

Diallo MOTM for me, absolutely superb. His work rate, hassle and composure on the ball exceptional. He’s going to be a top top player. 

credit to the back 4 who all defended like their life depended on it. 

What a player KWP has become. 

Side note. Not sure tella is ready just yet. Ndululu looks to have a bit about him, much rather him off the bench than long tbh. 

Bit harsh considering coming on in a game like that in not his usual position!

• Like 1

Well, who'd have thought that.

It was a backs to the walls effort akin to our win against Man City last season, once again take a bow Stephens and KWP.

But let me take a second to appreciate Diallo - holy crap, what a performance from him. On the ball decent when he had it, but his positional sense and ability to always read danger was huge (off the ball traits)....that's an uncoachable trait which makes me think we have a proper player in there. Add to that his clear quality on the ball when he gets to it, very agile and very mobile through midfield. Mark me very impressed.

Great effort by everyone.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 3