Newcastle 3-2 Saints - Match Thread

trousers

An absolutely hopeless second half, absolutely hopeless.

We were up against 9 men for 20 mins, we barely mustered a shot.

Ings looks ruined. No idea what's up with him, he isn't getting a move if that's his level.

Redmond is suited to non-league, if that.

Adams is ok, just lacks the touch and technique to do anything really. Minimino drifted in the second half, tired a bit. 

Just dreadful, I have no real words to be honest. To not even get a draw out of a Newcastle team without an attack, no defence and against 9 men is absolutely disgusting and they all need to fined a weeks wages. Any football league team would have beaten Newcastle today. If it was us at 9men, we'd probably lose 15-0. 

Absolutely hopeless run we are on. Season is done for me, I don't see what's going to happen now? Getting better than last season is a no-hope, just finish as close to 12th/13th as we can I guess.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Newcastle 3-2 Saints - Match Thread

Never want to see Redmond in a Saints shirt ever again. And McCarthy has to be dropped. Abysmal. Gutless, visionless, energyless. No spirit. No guile. No dribbling or pace. In a relegation battle unless we get something against Wolves. 

Today is on Ralph. I was begging for him to take off Redmond for Djenepo. He made one irrelevant substitution late in the game. It's infuriating. Also Ings has been one of our worst players since Liverpool.

Thoroughly deserved defeat. Well played Newcastle.

Edited by Disco Stu

Just now, Toussaint said:

Can there be a team easier to defend against than Saints?

We just pass it around a bit, give it to Redmond, pass it back.

Give it to Adams, he'll try and hold it up, give it away. Pass it to Ings, miss hit.

There you go. That's our attack.

Give that to any team, even a school team, and they'd cope with that.

1 minute ago, DarrenLeTiss said:

You need pace or players who can beat a man to generate space when playing against a team sat back like this. Djenepo is unpredictable but he offers us pace and trickery. Mystifying why he is still on the bench.

Because Ralph made another big tactical mistake believing that Redmond was better than literally any other option. Didn’t blame him v Man U. Do today. That was bad management

Just now, CB Fry said:

Absolutely pathetic.

If it was other way round, we'd have lost 6-2 and it would be all the excuses about we were down to nine men and it was raining and what do you expect. Fucking pathetic.

Exactly - we are woefully inept