Spurs 2-1 Saints - Game thread

AlexLaw76

18 minutes ago, Nick75Sfc said:

Even if we lose this game you have to question why the change in attitude.

The body language and effort are vastly improved. Just why ?

No Bertrand?  He looks like a player that can be a nuisance when things are not going well but all brightness and light when things are going well.

• Like 1

Just now, washsaint said:

No Bertrand?  He looks like a player that can be a nuisance when things are not going well but all brightness and light when things are going well.

I've had my suspicions about Bertrand's influence on the squads demeanor for several years now. Wouldn't surprise me.

Played very well so far. Just a shame Adams didn't have more composure with his chance.

Armstrong once again has been very good in the CM role, which is gives us another option there going forward.

Tella bright again.

We're going to miss Ings quality in front of goal if he leaves.

Feel we seem more comfortable playing out with Macca in goal.

Just now, trousers said:

Any reason why we can't play with that passion/desire/committment all the time...?

Perhaps because it leaves us open defensively? Sunday felt like we were trying our best to make sure the game was always within our reach where instead we should have went gung-ho at the end.

Also, our first half performances have generally been good! Let’s see what the second half conjures up- we will tire and Spurs can’t be this bad surely.

What's going on! Have they had some sort of clear the air talks since Sunday. Fast, positive, committed, actually playing with smiles on their faces. Best 45 minutes this year. 

Still, guess it's easy against a mediocre mid-table English team, glad we're not up against one of the European elite teams 😂😂

• Haha 1

I'm no lip reader but they showed Ings at half time and I think he was muttering to himself 'F*** me'! Whether that was the score or the effort he's put in I'm not sure but we certainly deserve that lead.

Salisu showing his lack of experience a bit but his pace is really useful. The tackling has so much more bite to it tonight and even if we don't get the win this half has reminded us what we can do.

• Like 1

We look so much better with Adams in the side over Redmond. Criminal he didn't start at Wembley really. Granted he should have score do early on but he gives defenders a headache.

Decent performance so far. Get the second and it would be difficult to see Spurs getting back into it. Concede and we may see our heads go down.

Need to see more from Tella for me (overall, there were some encouraging signs that half). Bar Armstrong I still don’t fully rate the AMs in the squad.

Great header from Ings. Overall keep it up Saints. 

Are we still in the dark about Bertrand?

1 minute ago, SNSUN said:

We look so much better with Adams in the side over Redmond. Criminal he didn't start at Wembley really. Granted he should have score do early on but he gives defenders a headache.

Decent performance so far. Get the second and it would be difficult to see Spurs getting back into it. Concede and we may see our heads go down.

Need to see more from Tella for me (overall, there were some encouraging signs that half). Bar Armstrong I still don’t fully rate the AMs in the squad.

Great header from Ings. Overall keep it up Saints. 

Are we still in the dark about Bertrand?

Bertrand is injured 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, washsaint said:

Where was this performance on Sunday?

Leicester weren't phoning it in with a cup final a few days away.

Even so, we're far more energetic and committed than anything we showed on Sunday. 

Obviously Forster must have been weighing everyone down...

2 minutes ago, Saint Billy said:

Wind your kneck in, I'm only voicing what most of us are thinking having gone through this scenario on numerous occasions. Twat. 

You have no idea what most of us are thinking. Enjoy the game treacle. 

Just now, igsey said:

How? Diallo into midfield, Armstrong out wide, Walcott up top.

Whatever we've done so far tonight it's been working. Making such a big shuffle instead if just a like for like sub is risky because it could disrupt our rhythm and let Spurs back in.

Like that! 😔

• Lighthouse changed the title to Spurs 2-1 Saints - Game thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic