(Not The) Pompey Takeover Saga

jawillwill

1 minute ago, Danbert said:

I don't think I can take watching any more of that.  I swear the quality of football in League 1 has fallen off a cliff since we were in it.

It is quite dull, especially without the best fans in the world booing them off. There's a few decent players and passages of play but like you I'm not watching the rest.  

2 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I think my favourite part of the first half, other than the Sunderland goal, was when the co-commentator said that these are both massive clubs who should be in the Premier League.

As soon as they expand it to 100 clubs they will be. Just. 

4 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Adidas? Unless there's something I've missed that means we're not allowed to wear that brand any more?

I think you've missed...

Adolf - as in Hitler.

18 - as in a=1, h=8 as in the initials for Adolf Hitler.

No idea what the 3 is for, but presumably he miss counted and thought it was a 'd' for 'das'.

38 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I think my favourite part of the first half, other than the Sunderland goal, was when the co-commentator said that these are both massive clubs who should be in the Premier League.

Where do they get this nonsense from? Pompey have been in the bottom 2 divisions more than they’ve been in the top flight in the last 50 years, pure myth.

• Like 1

Forgot this was on, and turned it on just in time to catch the penalties. They won the toss to go first (statistically means they are favourites) then promptly missed the first 2 (the first was one of the worst penalties you will ever see). Salford banged in 4 out of 4. Job done. What a delightful little gift for a Saturday. Apparently they've been outplayed by a lower division team all game as well. I do love them being so horrendously shite 🤣

Perfect afternoon really. Outplayed by a team from division below, play 120 minutes when they’ve two games coming up this week, and lose heroically on penalties. They’re the embarrassment of the South. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mack rill said:

Not such a bad day after all, Jacket out two years to late, and a good game at your gaff, odds on the next Donkey to step up to the breach,

Bit of a South Coast clown show at the moment, it has to be said. I wonder what will happen in the next instalment of the Solent circus?

• Lighthouse changed the title to (Not The) Pompey Takeover Saga