Ralph out Howe In?

Pilchards

I really hope Howe goes to Newcastle although I can't see it. Their fans would be up in arms at that one. He's hardly "high profile" enough for a club of that, recently inherited, stature is he.

However, here's a thought.....absolutely off the top of my head with absolutely no "source" or basis of truth (sorry MLG). Could it be that Howe's "people" have put this story out there to try to force Saints into making an early move? (based only on the OP of this thread). 

I know there are people on here who think that Ralph should be gone, but Eddie Howe.......Really? God forbid! It would be like a cocktail of Mark Hughes with essence of Pellegrini thrown in.

• Like 1

Just had a gander at Newcastle's fixtures to the end of he year and they could well be in the doo doo. Bearing in mind they can't buy new players I doubt they'll get many more than 10 points from them and that's being generous. That would leave them with 13 points after 20 games so right in the thick of a battle to stay up. The good news for us is that we play them on 2 January so they will not have time to get in new blood to face us. It's going to be an interesting ride for the new owners and they may need to shell out more than they anticipated in the January window. Of course, they might get the new manager bounce but, whoever they choose, will have his work cut out because their squad looks pretty weak until they get the chance to strengthen.

Edited by Teddeer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

It would be weird for a manager who blamed their previous struggles at another club on feeling homesick due to being away from the south to then go further north.

I thought similar but that was a long time ago so perhaps his family life would make settling up north easier now. 

3 hours ago, Mr X said:

That's hilarious there's No way Newcastle will be after such a small fish they could lure any manager they want now, I bet he's nowhere near their top ten wanted even 

I could see Newcastle going for a short term fix till the end of the season though when they'd flex their financial clout a bit more to try and bring in a bigger name. Assumes they stay up of course.

5 hours ago, rooney said:

Howe will not go to Newcastle. Too far from home.

Anyone know where this came from or where it originated from? Has he explicitly said that he has to stay in the south?

Just seems so odd to limit yourself geographically, especially given that a PL manager's wage would offset the relocation costs etc etc that the average person would face.

13 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Anyone know where this came from or where it originated from? Has he explicitly said that he has to stay in the south?

Just seems so odd to limit yourself geographically, especially given that a PL manager's wage would offset the relocation costs etc etc that the average person would face.

Think it’s based on his walking away from Burnley job.

On 16/10/2021 at 12:26, Pilchards said:

I will put my head on the line here and say that Howe is replacing Ralph at the end of October.

Even if we win the next 3 games it won’t make a difference as the camp is not healthy at the moment and whoever the guys are that make those decisions are now taking action.

Why it’s not being done now I don’t know but the source who has radio links with the club said something is being planned.

11 days to go until we get Howe.  @PilchardsIs your source sticking by his story and has het got any more to add?  My instincts are fighting my curiosity.

45 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Well Steve Bruce has been let go, so we’ll see soon enough if Howe is his replacement.

First job whoever gets it is to keep them up which is by no means guaranteed.

I see they’re already pleading with fans not to wear fake Arab costumes to match. Pathetic isn’t it, imagine the reaction of anyone today saw a video of fez day at saints in 90s all those racist fans out there 

On 19/10/2021 at 17:14, Mr X said:

That's hilarious there's No way Newcastle will be after such a small fish they could lure any manager they want now, I bet he's nowhere near their top ten wanted even 

The idea that Newcastle could have any manager they want now is more hilarious fwiw. 

1 hour ago, Fabrice29 said:

The idea that Newcastle could have any manager they want now is more hilarious fwiw. 

If they've paid the old manager £8m to go, then imagine how much they'd be prepared to pay a new manager to come. And let's face it, throw enough money at something, and you'll likely get your man. 

• Like 1

If they are aiming to become a European superpower then Eddie Howe would be an odd appointment, that’s putting it mildly. To start that sort of project you want a big name to attract the top players because even with shit loads of cash certain players won’t want to give up CL footie and move to some northern shithole.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, angelman said:

If they've paid the old manager £8m to go, then imagine how much they'd be prepared to pay a new manager to come. And let's face it, throw enough money at something, and you'll likely get your man. 

Plus guaranteed bonus when they let you go at the end of the season, after 12 months or any point before end of agreed contract.

7 hours ago, cloggy saint said:

Advanced talks with Fonseca apparently. More a global name than Eddie Howe but not really 'A' list.

They won’t get an A list for a while, not until They’re in a position to make the champions league. Going to be a tough gig whoever gets the job first. Huge expectations to deliver quickly with a squad that is bottom 5 with the exception of about 3 or 4 players 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

They won’t get an A list for a while, not until They’re in a position to make the champions league. Going to be a tough gig whoever gets the job first. Huge expectations to deliver quickly with a squad that is bottom 5 with the exception of about 3 or 4 players 

Wasn't Benitez an A lister ?????????????

56 minutes ago, saint lard said:

Adkins is back on the market again. No real surprise. 
perhaps they will be able to entice that magician and prospective next England manager. 

Your one man agenda against him is embarrassing did he sleep with your wife?

you don’t need to answer read all you bollox before ..obsessed

Edited by Give it to Ron
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, angelman said:

That 8m was probably to pay up his contract (not knowing how long he had left).

21 hours ago, angelman said:

Okay, looking forward to Pep, Klopp, Simeone etc fighting over the job. This Fonseca/Howe thing is clearly a smokescreen.

22 hours ago, angelman said:

Rumour has it once Ashley knew a deal was going through he inserted the clause into Bruce’s contract. If true he’s gone up massively in my estimation 

• Like 1

Struggled to a 1-0 win against a weak Leeds team. Draw against winless Burnley. Not looking good for Ralph. 
Can a change of manager improve things?  Perhaps it can. Take the example of Notts Forest. Under the experienced Chris Huyton they were losing every game. As soon as Huyton was sacked they started winning, even before a new man was in place. 
Sacking the manager is the only tool in the box outside transfer windows. It must be a strong temptation to open the box.