Watford 0-1 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

Just now, jasonb said:

We all know what's coming. It usually does. Its the Saints we know and love. Gawd bless 'em. 

Played well though. Some poor finishing aside we've been great. 

The AA chance was a bit of a sitter 

2 minutes ago, jasonb said:

We all know what's coming. It usually does. Its the Saints we know and love. Gawd bless 'em. 

Played well though. Some poor finishing aside we've been great. 

Every week some melt writes this. Please don't include me in the 'we all know what's coming' group.

3 minutes ago, itchen said:

He was. But he made it clear he would not stay and wanted a top 6 club. Or Villa.

Yeah, but... we should definitely have kept a disillusioned striker in the final year of his contract because of his historical brilliance... ;)

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Same as against Leeds isn't it. With the chances we've created we should be out of sight by now. The irony is the one we scored from was probably the hardest of the lot. We just keep on missing so many easy chances, it's infuriating.

Unlike Leeds, Watford look like they have a goal in them. So we'll need to improve our finishing in the second half if we want these 3 points.

I really don't want the taters to be ramming the old "dropped points from winning positions" stat down our throats again at 4.45.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

Haven't been watching but the forum keeps saying another easy chance missed yet the BBC stats show us with one shot on target which was the goal. Sounds like the cows arse is safe from the banjo today.

Sounds about right - I don't think we have found the target on any of the good missed chances or made the goalkeeper work at all. I have been on the fence about AA, and perhaps it is just a confidence thing, but he really needs to start hitting the target at least. The header maybe not the easiest chance (I think many would have done better tho), but the miss from the pullback was poor.

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

Armstrong frustrating it still getting/making chances. Goal coming

Thought he did brilliantly for the first chance, another day that goes inside the post. Second chance he's got to be working the keeper though.

Forgot about his headed chance.

Edited by Baird of the land

• Lighthouse changed the title to Watford 0-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic