Watford 0-1 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

2 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

We seem to be drawing fouls and breaking up their momentum with FKs quite well though. 

Yep.

We're on the back foot, but being 'clever' with it.

Edited by Suhari

Well done Saints. Deserved win but jesus did we made it hard for ourselves. Some quality defending from Salisu and Mccarthy saved us in that second half. I think with Broja in the team, we'd be looking at a 0-3 scoreline.

Edited by Disco Stu
  • Like 1

We'll take that! Should have been a lot more comfortable given the chances missed, but at least it's not another match added to the points lost from winning positions table. McCarthy MotM for me, closely followed by Salisu. McCarthy was faultless throughout the game, collecting crosses, good handling and making a vital save close to 90 minutes. 

What we've lost in attack from last season, we've seemingly got a solid defence again and hopefully this continues.

• Like 1

Great to get the win. Largely a very good performance. Would have been nice if we could have put it to bed earlier and not had that ropey nervewracking last 5 minutes.

Great goal by Adams, and very good hold up play in general. Just the dodgy header off a complete display.

Right decision to play KWP who did well against Sarr generally. S Armstrong still looks very rusty. Really nice save by Mccarthy when i thought we'd blown it as well as the usual calm coming and claiming aerial balls.

Personally i thought we should have got Tella on in that second half to try and get in behind them.

• Like 1

Deserved win even if it should have been more. Adams only seems to score the spectacular and Armstrong seems of the same ilk with the amount of efforts he has from outside the area!

The two full-backs were outstanding. Usually when KWP is on the left we lose a bit of balance and don't attack well down that side but he gave Ngakia a horrid time. 

Performances at a decent enough standard, just need to be more clinical. Watford were piss poor and with their upcoming run of fixtures, I'd be amazed if they're not in the bottom three soon enough.