Norwich 2-1 Saints - Match Thread

whelk

Same team. This is our best 11. Absolute quality. Norwich won't be able to deal with the pace and dribbling of Adams and Armstrong and I back Salisu to singlehandedly mute their entire attack (with a little help from the other 4 of our back 5 perhaps 😉).

Maybe if I had to make a change Redmond in for Stu who maybe looked a bit off it.

1 hour ago, Kenilworthy said:

Would prefer Norwich to have won a game this season before they play us. We have a poor record of outplaying them totally at Carrow Road and somehow managing to lose, such as when Redmond scored the winner for Norwich.

Would be perfect if they could do that today as it would stop Brentford from going back above us.

58 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Would be perfect if they could do that today as it would stop Brentford from going back above us.

Norwich now obliging 0-1.

Wouldn't a draw be better for us ?

Edited by Badger

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

A Norwich win isn't better for us. They aren't going to be remotely close to us throughout the entire season.

Wasn't suggesting it was, but given that we play Norwich next both teams dropping points and Norwich not getting a confidence boosting win seems the best option at the moment.

Over the course of a season inclined to agree with you.

8 hours ago, whelk said:

A little early but as we are all high on life.

one of the easiest games of the season. Shame international break cause some loss of momentum.

0-2

Thank fuck the international break will ruin Norwich’s momentum

They are absolute wank. Even in their win today they looked poor and misplaced so so many passes. Brentford were just even worse. I reckon we thump these 4-0 or something. Hope that doesn't jinx it! We are bad after int breaks sometimes...

8 hours ago, SalmonSi said:

There is simply no way we cannot win this. We are better away than at home still I think. I am gonna go bold here and say 1-3 Saints. You just know we will have to concede one against the bottom team. Still 17 points from 12. Got to be happy with that considering our tough opening fixtures. 

eggs.jpeg.fae8e76520a6f3d4089eb8ed71f362fe.jpeg

I imagine they are going to go route one and Big Sam it. 

I doubt it would be Bruce as he'd have to sacrifice some of his compensation dosh which, if it is as high as they're saying, is not something you want to give up.

Edited by CB Fry

7 minutes ago, Red said:

Hope that Daniel Farke gag by Gary Line-acker doesn't get him in hot water with the very PC BBC or viewers - personally thought it was very funny but then I've had a few beers tonight

I thought that, then again they made ruder puns on bake off all the time and got away with it back in the day.

8 hours ago, The Cat said:

Will be my first away game of the season. Really looking forward to it.

Looks like we've sold out our 2,669 allocation as well, good following 

DG4Nui7XcAALUoE.jpg

Edited by JRM
  • Haha 1

New manager bounce? You'd think considering that you can often drive a double decker bus sideways through some of the gaps in their defence they will get a defensive organiser type manager to make them harder to beat and hope they have enough attacking players to score some goals. 

8 minutes ago, Doctoroncall said:

some of the names on that list make no sense. 

Bookies lists can often be daft when no one knows anything and no significant bets placed. Although they do react to bets of ITK people ie taxi drivers, Sven for England etc.

Eddie Howe as favourite to be our next manager illustrates this

1FDC5552-BE0A-47C4-A68B-7F1A65B441A9.jpeg