Norwich 2-1 Saints - Match Thread

whelk

14 hours ago, VictiAbNonem said:

Tottenham and Brighton could struggle too - Gerrard might give Villa the boost against Brighton we hope Norwich don't get, and Spurs' form is so terrible that a draw with even Watford wouldn't be a huge shock.

I think it would be a huge shock. I think Man U would be particularly miffed that their journey was wasted.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WALK DMC said:

JWP playing further forward ? 

I'd say Diallo is the more likely to play in the Armstrong role, given Hasenhuttl has done so before.

Although they may even use a 433... with Romeu in front of the back four and Diallo and Ward-Prowse infront. With Elyounoussi,  A.Armstrong Adams as a front three.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WALK DMC said:

JWP playing further forward ? 

#10 on the right I'd imagine, with Tino bombing forward.

Diallo should bring some forward momentum to the midfiled, but shame there's no Stu. Has been a strange season for him so far.....nagging injury, 'something not right' or nothing to worry about?

Should be pretty solid, and have enough going forward to score.

6 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Redmond obviously out because of the baby arriving yesterday but no S Armstrong or Dejenepo.

Unless these guys get injured in the session after his press conference Ralph is fond of telling the odd porkie to give the opposition a curve ball

Rumour has it he was driving to the hospital but dallied too much, drove back towards his house and then she needed to give birth in the car...

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, JustinSFC said:

Probably been said.

But if he isn't dropping Bednarek and playing Lyanco V Norwich then I'm not sure if Ralph is going to ever give him a premier League game.

I wouldn't be surprised if he plays all three centre halfs at Liverpool next week. 

4 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Probably been said.

But if he isn't dropping Bednarek and playing Lyanco V Norwich then I'm not sure if Ralph is going to ever give him a premier League game.

Why? Just because it’s Norwich? They will not be the same - impress the new manager is what they will want to do.

Encouraging sign compared to last season is that even with Stuart Armstrong out. presumably injured, the subs bench looks genuinely strong. It does look like an unbalanced selection, but none of us are Premier League coaches.  Our role is to praise Ralph if we win but if we don't, we must use our A1 hindsight to tell him he got it wrong.  

I will just venture, that there should be goals scored by that line-up, and possibly another by a sub.

COYR.  

14 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Probably been said.

It hasn't been said... because it is nonsensical! 🙄

So when Salisu wasn't in the team last season did you think Hasenhuttl would never play him in a Premier League game?

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Not particularly enthused about the defensive Diallo selection. Much rather see Tella there if Redmond/Armstrong are out.

I honestly think it is more about matching them up with a 3 man midfield. A curve ball for Smith.

3 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Not particularly enthused about the defensive Diallo selection. Much rather see Tella there if Redmond/Armstrong are out.

I don't see it as a particularly defensive selection. It'll likely be Romeu sitting in front of the CBs, with JWP and Diallo in a more advanced midfield role which they can both do very well.

With Redmond, Djenepo and Stu all missing, I'd rather have Diallo in there than Walcott, although he'll probably make an appearance from the bench today given our lack of available options in that position.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Norwich 2-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic