Arsenal 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

Just now, Saint Billy said:

This is what you get when you have a manager safe in his job. 

Exactly this it's a win win situation for Ralph,  if he's shit enough to get the sack he's a winner if he remains he still gets a huge salary.. there's zero incentive time for him and the club have put all their eggs in his basket it seems 

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

🤣 they didn't notice it after two 9-0s so why are they suddenly  going to notice it now? 

They will notice when we are in the relegation zone that's for sure. If we go down we could be in administration again with the money we owe.

1st Bright start to only then meekly surrender. Second half similar, get a let off for one corner goal to concede an equally bad one shortly after.

Struggling to find positives. Tella looked bright. Lyanco looked ok when he came on(why he was dropped is the question)

Negatives. Midfield without Romeu looks poor. Bednarek awful. Willy looks like a 40 yr old has been. More injuries.

At least we'll have Salisu and Romeu back for the midweek game. These next few games suddenly very big after the failures of Norwich/Brighton games.

• Sad 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Arsenal 3-0 Saints - Match Thread
2 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Bad performance. Players gave up. Need investment so we can sack most of them off. Keep Ralph, he isn't the problem.

He might not be the entire problem but he's run his course. I simply cannot see things improving under him. 6 wins in 40 odd games all against dross sides. He's done. At least we might scrape together enough points to survive with new manager bounce.

• Like 1

Just now, gammon cheeks said:

Norwich , Burnley , Watford , Saints ...3 out of that 4 will go down !   Just hope we can scrape 17th place .

Why?  Just delaying the inevitable.  Life in the championship could be pretty good.  At least we might win some games,  and who knows could get into the play offs. Much more entertaining than the last 2 - 3 years. 

4 minutes ago, rooney said:

Cant tackle cant head a ball and cant pass.

....can't shoot with power, can't make accurate crosses from corners or free kicks, can't defend the same, can't mark effectively, can't track runners, etc, etc, etc

Edited by badgerx16
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, LGTL said:

This is an extremely unlikeable group of players. We were doomed the minute we sold Ings. 

I thought we said this when Ings, Bertrand, Lemina, Obafemi, Hoedt, Cedric, Boufal was here etc etc

They aren’t unlikeable, just very lower PL/Championship standard.

Edited by nta786

I’ve stood by Ralph all the way, but I’m close to done with him. Arrogance and obstinacy are traits that I dislike in anybody, so why should it be any different for him? But that’s what we get, week in week out.

For months it has been abundantly clear that KWP on the left unbalances us both offensively and defensively. It has also been clear that Tino has a lot to learn defensively - he’s far behind KWP. Salisu and Romeu help to cover that up - at some cost to their own games. 

This side will not compete effectively until Ralph admits he’s wrong, and that’s where the arrogance and obstinacy will prove to be his - and our - undoing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

What can Ralph do exactly with minimal backing? That's where then issue is.

Admitedly Injuries forced our hand today but in general He can  start players in their correct positions, stop picking out of form favourites, make the correct subs earlier, stop relying on his high press game book..........none of these things need backing

• Like 2

Think we’re going down if Ralph stays and probably if he doesn’t, but on the balance of results he doesn’t deserve to stay.  We look as bad as the side that were relegated last time around.

I don’t find myself thinking anymore, yep we’ve got a chance of winning this. On the contrary, every game we go into I’m thinking we’ve lost already. Would not be surprised to know the players feel the same way. We’re in a bad way.

This season really is just a continuation of our form since January, the writing has been on the wall since then and the board have done nothing about it.

I don’t mind losing 3-0 at Arsenal, we won’t be the first team to lose comfortably and won’t be the last, but this is meant to be an Arsenal side that are in a really bad patch and we’ve made them look world beaters. No fight, and no leadership, especially from captain teachers pet.

If Newcastle are allowed to spend their new found wealth in January they’ll be well clear of trouble, they’re not that far behind.

Palace and Brentford next - I genuinely don’t see more than 2 points out of 6, if we’re lucky..

Edited by bpsaint

Sadly I think we're just going to be one of many middling clubs who fall victim to the absurd amounts of money the top teams are raking in now. The disparity has never been worse, it is literally impossible for the likes of us, West Brom, Newcastle*, Palace, pretty much anyone outside the top 6/7 to dream of any sort of sustained success without insane investment. Unless football implodes and we go back to money being shared on a more even basis, competition is dead in the Premier League. I might try and abandon my connection with saints so I can at least enjoy the title race each season.

*I said without insane investment...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

Not with the rump left from this squad when all those "Too good to play in the Championship" have left.

Well let's face it, we are nothing more than Premier League cannon fodder, totally out of our depth and uncompetitive.  Baring massive investment,  or a dramatic change of circumstances, surely the championship would be more our level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Admitedly Injuries forced our hand today but in general He can  start players in their correct positions, stop picking out of form favourites, make the correct subs earlier, stop relying on his high press game book..........none of these things need backing

Exactly, play a formation to suit the players we have and cover for gaps/weaknesses. After all this time he must be running out of excuses for the same shit week after week.

• Like 1