Gavin Bazunu

SuperSAINT

3 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

He’s got a lot to learn. A season in the EFL would’ve been better for him.

Should've brought in someone experienced, even if it meant they in their 30’s (a keepers prime), we should’ve done that.

But I won’t tarnish him with the Angus Gunn tag for a while. That’s just moronic. 😂

Am pretty sure portsmouth are in the football league and he was their player of the year

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/bazunu-named-players-player-of-the-season/

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Am pretty sure portsmouth are in the football league and he was their player of the year

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/bazunu-named-players-player-of-the-season/

I meant as in Championship, next level up. It’s always going to be harder going from one on ones with Will Griggs to Erling Haaland.

Fulham got Leno as they have the aim of improving the team on the pitch.

We got Bazunu as we have the aim of improving the bank balance in 2 years' time.

*spolier: this never actually works, in two years time we tend to be paying the wages of these great prospects while they play on loan for other teams around the globe.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, kelkel31 said:

Confirms what, people that think XG has any place in the game are morons, yes it does.

I would be very surprised if there are analysts in the professional game nowadays who don't bother with XG. If anything, stats like that are just the tip of the iceberg. Not that I seek out this kind of thing, or that they should be deployed without regard of the bigger picture.

On 17/11/2022 at 07:36, Ted Bates Statue said:

I would be very surprised if there are analysts in the professional game nowadays who don't bother with XG. If anything, stats like that are just the tip of the iceberg. Not that I seek out this kind of thing, or that they should be deployed without regard of the bigger picture.

As the saying goes most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Come on lads don't get suckered into jumping on the band wagon of the morons who take pleasure in bad mouthing our players when things are not going well. Time to get off the lad's back and show him a bit of support and understanding. A goalkeeper can only be as good as the back row in front of him and our bunch are generally pretty useless at marking their men and snuffing out threats on goal. It wouldn't matter who was between the sticks in this shower of a defence the outcomes would be the same.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Pure big club bias, isn't it. Lazy and sickening. He wouldn't have got that playing at some poxy L1 club.

What on earth are you talking about? By no stretch of the imagination is playing for Saints a guarantee of accolades at international level. We are not Man C or Arsenal just in case you are a bit confused as to how these things work

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Come on lads don't get suckered into jumping on the band wagon of the morons who take pleasure in bad mouthing our players when things are not going well. Time to get off the lad's back and show him a bit of support and understanding. A goalkeeper can only be as good as the back row in front of him and our bunch are generally pretty useless at marking their men and snuffing out threats on goal. It wouldn't matter who was between the sticks in this shower of a defence the outcomes would be the same.

He reminds me of a young Peter Shilton................he did ok as i recall.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

He's fucking awful, said it from day one, we've pissed around with the keeper position for too long and last summer was a chance to get rid of all the dross and get in an experienced keeper with a younger understudy and move on. Instead we keep the lesser of last seasons options and sign the young understudy as first choice. 

He's been absolutely terrible, I don't care if he's the best keeper in the world in five years time his complete lack of positive impact on games will massively accelerate our drop down to the championship.

• Like 9

Is it too late to return to Man City? Hope we kept the receipt. 

Terrible bit of business, league one keeper for £15M, ffs typical Saints that, we've wasted so much money over last few years, criminal scouting , stupid game trying to be clever picking up untested kids and hope they come good. 8/10 window ffs 

• Like 2

We're killing him.

I don't have a problem with signing young, talented GK's to completement an experienced number 1 - but to sign him as your number 1 when we already had so many other areas lacking experience was a shocking call really.

Edited by S-Clarke

On 13/11/2022 at 09:24, FarehamSaintJames said:

He’s got a lot to learn. A season in the EFL would’ve been better for him.

Should've brought in someone experienced, even if it meant they in their 30’s (a keepers prime), we should’ve done that.

But I won’t tarnish him with the Angus Gunn tag for a while. That’s just moronic. 😂

I wonder if Matt Le God is still confused….? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just saying.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Not his fault today. 

Fuck me. He chucked the first one in the net. The first goal was always going to be crucial, and he fucking gave it to them on a plate. It wasn’t ALL his fault, but his contribution was far and away the most telling. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

We're killing him.

I don't have a problem with signing young, talented GK's to completement an experienced number 1 - but to sign him as your number 1 when we already had so many other areas lacking experience was a shocking call really.

His confidence is totally shot.

He has potential but will make mistakes due to his experience. We can't afford that though.

Sadly our other options are probably just as bad.

What a shit show it's become. No adequate striker, keeper or CDM. What chance have we got? 

• Like 1

Thought he'd been getting alot of unjust flack aimed his way recently, but the first and questionably the second were his fault. Certainly the first. The second he gets a slight touch with catches Perraud off guard. But he was so late to react to it in the first place. With him and Mccarthy as our choices, along with this terrible midfield and defence, we'll concede a couple a game. We rarely score two, so unless something drastic happens I can't see us staying in this league. We've been riding our luck for around 5/6 seasons now, but finally it's running out. 

On another note, I was close to going today until I looked at the block we normally sit in and it came to £83 for two of us. Absolute joke of a pricing structure.