Wolves 1-0 Saints - Match Thread

trousers

3 minutes ago, trousers said:

No sir... It's the failure to secure a new striker in the window... With a new striker we'd never lose another game all season, innit

I’d happily wage a significant amount of money that no other PL striker, or player actually, would have missed that header from 2 yards. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

we probably dont lose this and not sit on the same points as bournemouth and in a relegation scrap.

We need to shit-house our way to safety (Sean Dyche if you will).  Despite everyone being an updgade, we are still leaking goals...is that 10 now?

We're in a relegation scrap already??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I don't want to risk upsetting anyone but this is precisely why failing to strengthen our attack adequately is going to be a problem. We could have won this. With Ings in this team you would think we would have. 

Anybody would think ings is European footballer of the year the way some people on here go on. He's shit and past it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

I don't want to risk upsetting anyone but this is precisely why failing to strengthen our attack adequately is going to be a problem. We could have won this. With Ings in this team you would think we would have. 

You're not wrong but I don't think it's a particularly controversial statement. The club clearly wanted another forward and we seemed to be willing to commit good funds to the right player. It didn't come off but we're clearly a better side than last year and should have enough about us to do okay this year. I think 99% of the forum agree - another forward would have been ideal. The only split I see if those trying to take a more circumspect view of us as a 'work in progress' and those who feel that the club have dropped a major boll*ck and should be hung up (with a few shades in between).

On another day we'd have taken something from this one and we didn't do loads wrong. Che should have had at least one though he has had a fairly bright start to the season. We have a few options albeit the likes of Mara and Edozie are very raw.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Wolves 1-0 Saints - Match Thread
1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

If Bournemouth are definitely going down and are horrific.  We are sat on the same points with them at the time of writing

So, Bournemouth are definitely going down and because we're currently on the same points as them we're in trouble too. After 6 games.

• Haha 1

Generally a pretty even game with a shank by them winning it.

I can forgice the 2nd missed chance by Che that hits the bar but the first is pitiful.

If we get that i feel we at least draw the game.

Postivies were Edozie looked bright. S. Armstrong has surely played himself into the starting 11 ahead of the poor Elyounessi. Djenepo looks muich more liek a FB not a winger now.

• Like 1

Lots of promising signs based on the cameos from Edozie and Mara.  We will be a very exciting team once the youngsters bed in, Lavia gets fit: we'll still struggle to score goals though.

Our summer signings look terrific and bode really well for the future.  Hoping we can get Salisu to extend too as him and ABK look formidable at the back - first time in many, many years we can say that.

• Like 2

I never liked Long because for the odd thing he did well he would miss chances that would have gained us draws and wins. Adams is the same. You get a big chance you have to Bury it. Especially the easy ones. You miss absolute sitters, you don't deserve anything. 

Just now, Dman said:

I cba to sit and watch them all, but the first 2 are much harder. The ball come at them at pace, this looped onto Che’s head, we’ll arm. 

Harder to miss than score there and he done it. 

It's a bad miss, he needed a bit more composure to just stand and wait for the ball to drop but he panicked and rushed it. 

It is not however the worst miss of all time.

• Like 1

Oh well, 3rd game at the end of a pretty intense week.  A full week now to prepare for a very good Brentford side.

Just highlights that the window was not quite the 2nd coming that many suggested (10/10 my arse).  What was the glaring shortfall today was something we all (and the club) knew about.

We are still leaking goals (10 is it now?). If we do not tighten up (noting the lack of finishers), we will be rooted within the bottom 6 soone enough, and no real progress, despite the investment.  

• Sad 3

I think this will be the story of many games this season I hate to say. We played well but need to take our chances. Shame we couldn't fill a priority position this summer. We'll have to pray Che stays fit and confident. He had a shocker today unfortunately, possibly the miss of the season (if you count it as a miss) which has cost us an attainable result against a direct rival. Wolves won't score many this season, they were certainly there for the taking.

Edited by Disco Stu