Man City 4-0 Saints - Match Thread

Turkish

37 minutes ago, egg said:

What do SR do if we get some kind of result today? Won't happen, but by keeping him around, you've got to wander if they're giving him time. 

They clearly don't have an immediate replacement lined up or he would have gone months ago, problem is any positive result against a big club or indeed any club is always a false dawn for Ralph! Today is going to be horrendous a 3-0 defeat would be a huge escape, I can see them easily doing 5 plus  

What happened last season? I didn't go but from memory we drew 0 0 and had a very strong penalty claim. We more than held our own. 

According to Football Focus a few minutes ago we "rode our luck" and held on. Was that the case.

I confidentialy predict the same result this season. 😉😁😁😁😁

19 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

What happened last season? I didn't go but from memory we drew 0 0 and had a very strong penalty claim. We more than held our own. 

According to Football Focus a few minutes ago we "rode our luck" and held on. Was that the case.

I confidentialy predict the same result this season. 😉😁😁😁😁

That would be amazing if we can repeat last seasons result there :)

1 minute ago, trousers said:

Ralph mentioned at the press conference that a few players had been ill during the week, so perhaps he was one of them and hasn't recovered in time?

"ill" or "not up for this game so feigning illness..." 😄:suspicious:

3 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Why does Walcott take up a space on the bench? Waste of time

Tend to agree... Now we have more places on the bench than a few years ago, we should always give one of the places to one of the most promising u23/u18s players IMO. So Ballard instead of Walcott for me. 

Edited by trousers
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, trousers said:

Tend to agree... Now we have more places on the bench than a few years ago, we should always give one of the places to one of the most promising u23/u18s players IMO. So Ballard instead of Walcott for me. 

Agree with that. Best performer or best in training during the week from the youth team should get that slot.

7 minutes ago, NewYorkSaint said:

Can't argue much with that team. Diallo seems like potential weak spot, but otherwise, it's about as good as we can offer.  It's a team, on its day, capable of both fire and magic. Here's hoping.

Lyanco DM instead of Diallo?

I know we’re going to get thumped, but still … wouldn’t you want to have some sort of attacking/creative option on the bench, in case we’re only a goal down with a few left?

Theres enough sun spots for a Ballard, an Edozie, or even a Dibling.

This is where I’ll never understand Ralph

17 minutes ago, trousers said:

20221008_140013.jpg

20 minutes ago, trousers said:

20221008_140013.jpg

This team is probably worse than last season when we had  Romeu Borja Forster and Tino available

Although Ralph will probably go soon the attacking players he has at his disposal are pretty dire overall

I hope we play as 4-5-1. 
City like to play through the lines, if we play open and take them on we will get blown away. 
with an optimistic head on I’ll say we defend like warriors and repeat last seasons 0-0.

Realistic head - JWP is way out of form, they have Haaland this year, we are weak in midfield and have no threat up front 6-0.

6 minutes ago, John B said:

This team is probably worse than last season when we had  Romeu Borja Forster and Tino available

Although Ralph will probably go soon the attacking players he has at his disposal are pretty dire overall

9/10 transfer window though.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Man City 4-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic