Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

A mother forgets to buy a dog because she’s too busy masturbating fake frazzles, and a half dead meerkat wanders into the living room and starts barking and foaming at the mouth. The kids are split about whether it’s a dog or not and have a mass brawl. The mum invites some friends over the next day to chat about wanking off fake frazzles, the meerkat is not invited.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, bogwoppit said:

II remember The Dell and how bad it got with Branfoot, this seems a 100 times worse and in a far shorter period of time (virtually every fan is in agreement which you don’t often get). In general, 

Me too. Clearly remember the chants of "If you all hate Branfoot clap your hands". We escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth back then. Depressing feeling this early in the season to think we have no hope left - especially with the current dross running things. At least the Leeds lot have shown some balls and acted while there is still time....

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Koolman said:

At least the Leeds lot have shown some balls and acted while there is still time....

This is one argument I really don’t get. Forget the rights and wrongs of the decision, sacking an unpopular manager is far far easier, than sticking by him in the face of universal hatred. 

• Like 1

This is a message to the board if they do happen to read this. You don’t know Southampton FC. You don’t know the nature of the fan base. I can tell you now from a fan of nearly 50 years that Nathan Jones is doomed. We did it with Branfoot and I can tell you this is 10 times more powerful. The team can win on Saturday with Jones still in place but it will make no difference. He will be gone. If you want to walk away now with any modicum of self respect still intact you’ll sack him now. If you don’t then we will turn on you next and you’ll be gone within 6 months. We have long memories. Do what’s right and sack him this week. Nothing wrong in admitting you got this wrong. That’s the sign of a real man. Stubbornly ignoring the truth is a sign of weakness, arrogance and stupidity. You will pay for it in the end. Your days will also be numbered at Southampton. 

• Like 23

44 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Our team in the championship next season under Jones... Pretty much seen that back line already...

Bazunu,

Bree - Lyanco - ABK - Bednarek - Perraud

Diallo - Alcaraz
Moi                                                       AA
                            Che

Might get lucky and retain players like Tella, Orsic, DCC, Sulemana, Onuachu, i doubt it somehow. 4 of them must be regretting their move here and Tella could be going into a breakout season in the prem.

Salisu, KWP, Lavia are all certain to be sold. Quite likely JWP but we'll see. ABK could also get taken off our hands - in which case i guess we'll see Lyanco, stephens, and bednarek as our 3CB's for Jones' Championship run...

Some may think that isn't that bad - but what a fall from grace it is considering where we are. Imagine achieving that within 18months and a £100M plus net spend. Not to mention taking apart much of the backroom scouting and academy set ups. Impressive really.

And the elephant in the room behind all this. We've massively shat the bed overspending on player wages, agents fees, contract terminations etc. The recruitment (especially this january) has been all over the shop, and we're going to run smack into EFL's FFP limits. Similarly our owners are not really that rich. There is a very large abyss where we're heading if we aren't careful. I guess Rasmus directly targeted a manager who could compete in the championship on a shoe string budget...

Jeez if jones is here next season in the championship we’ll be getting lower gates than Yeovil town.  Been lots of decent media coverage today backing the supporters and questioning why jones was ever appointed in the first place.  Ultimately I don’t blame jones, he should never been put in that position anyway, just reeks of cheap and trying to be clever in terms of an appointment and choosing a manager that rasmus thought would be his puppet. Fecking shambles.

• Like 1

Right then it seems that the club have decided not to get rid of Jones before Wolves. With that choice they share some of the culpability now and it will be much harder to forgive them and move on once he does finally get the sack. It's not good sacking him after the next game and then coming out with lines trying to absolve themselves. Now is the opportunity to do that, they aren't taking it and fans do not forget. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

A mother buys her kids a pet dog for Xmas but instead of getting the Labrador they wanted instead she brings them a pug.. the kids don’t like the pug and think it’s ugly so they decide to poke it with sticks and throw stones at it until the dog bites one of them… they then cry for the dog to be put down .. 

A mother buys her kids a pet dog for Christmas but instead of getting the Labrador they wanted instead she brings them a carved potato in the vague shape of dog. The kids don't want it because it's a vegetable.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Jonnyboy said:

If only the Bananarama song "Nathan Jones" was about our one...

😩

"You packed your bags as I recall
And you walked slowly down the hall
You said you had to get away to ease your mind
And all you needed was a just little of time"

Careful or they bust out "Paulo Di Canio's waiting..."

• Like 2

Just before we take a corner against Wolves, someone shout "Hands up if you want Jones out". Prowsey will signal by chucking his hand(s) up before taking the corner, and it'll look like he's joining in.

It'll be absolute scenes and incredible lols. Many rofls would be had. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

4 minutes ago, Southner said:

Just before we take a corner against Wolves, someone shout "Hands up if you want Jones out". Prowsey will signal by chucking his hand(s) up before taking the corner, and it'll look like he's joining in.

Or, just before they take the knee, sing ‘kneel down, if you hate the clown’. That will be LOLsville

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Southner said:

needs to happen... similar to a "you fat bastard chant"... build it... build it... and realease! "hands up if you want jones out!!!!". 

Repeat again. Needs to happen.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheH said:

see a man going through a breakdown. He is not a 'quitter' and therefore will not solve his predicament himself. Someone else (SR) needs to make that decision for him. His employer has a 'duty of care'.

Yeah it does look like that, which isn't great to see, and its why i am trying to keep it all non personal. Myst be horrendous for him really, works to build his career, has a nightmare at stoke, rebuilds his career, and is probably having flashbacks now... Hes the kind of manager who (if he's ever going to make it) needs to get to the prem by himself with his own side... And in hindsight, we were always going to be a nightmare for whoever we took on because of the post Ralph hangover.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TheH said:

see a man going through a breakdown. He is not a 'quitter' and therefore will not solve his predicament himself. Someone else (SR) needs to make that decision for him. His employer has a 'duty of care'.

Yeah right.  His breakdown will really kick in when he gets his contract paid off for being absolutely shit, and he’s on a beach somewhere sipping Pina Coladas.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saint86 said:

Our team in the championship next season under Jones... Pretty much seen that back line already...

Bazunu,

Bree - Lyanco - ABK - Bednarek - Perraud

Diallo - Alcaraz
Moi                                                       AA
                            Che

Might get lucky and retain players like Tella, Orsic, DCC, Sulemana, Onuachu, i doubt it somehow. 4 of them must be regretting their move here and Tella could be going into a breakout season in the prem.

Salisu, KWP, Lavia are all certain to be sold. Quite likely JWP but we'll see. ABK could also get taken off our hands - in which case i guess we'll see Lyanco, stephens, and bednarek as our 3CB's for Jones' Championship run...

Some may think that isn't that bad - but what a fall from grace it is considering where we are. Imagine achieving that within 18months and a £100M plus net spend. Not to mention taking apart much of the backroom scouting and academy set ups. Impressive really.

And the elephant in the room behind all this. We've massively shat the bed overspending on player wages, agents fees, contract terminations etc. The recruitment (especially this january) has been all over the shop, and we're going to run smack into EFL's FFP limits. Similarly our owners are not really that rich. There is a very large abyss where we're heading if we aren't careful. I guess Rasmus directly targeted a manager who could compete in the championship on a shoe string budget...

ABK won't be here.

• Like 1

Ankersen writes books about being a success...without actually being a success himself. 

It is reminiscent of those self-appointed "life coaches" who have utterly fucked up personal and professional lives behind the scenes. 

Edited by adrian lord
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DT said:

In other news, Hassenhuttl favourite for the Hoffenheim job. Good luck to him

Good luck to Ralph, had some good times despite the more recent bads. And at least he never ran his mouth off in public about our best players like some complete wanker.

I had sympathy for Jones and felt other fans got on his back way sooner than deserved in his early tenure, I was willing to ride out the next few games and see what he could do with a striker and players back from injury, but that was right up until he started throwing other people under the bus. No class, leadership is taking responsibility, and taking the flack to protect those you lead, not slagging them off and spouting off about your former achievements. His one job was to unite the club and he’s fucking crowbarred it. Board split, players split, fans split from the previous two. 

Just fuck off Nathan

• Like 3

Is the upcoming Wolves game massive for our season? Yes

Is our chance of winning this game improved by Jones not being in charge? Yes

Is our chance of avoiding relegation improved by making a change now? Yes

Is it cruel to knowingly subject an out of his depth manager to a fanbase that has totally and irreversably given up on him? Yes.

Simple.

Edited by Dusic
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Could we be holding on to see what happens to Potter? Rumour is that he’s not long for Chelsea. 

Hope so. Depends how his algorithms are viewed by our brilliant expert when he investigates and does his data mining. We are so lucky to have a genius with a mind like a computer handling these vital decisions for us. His attention to even the minutest detail gives him an advantage over our competitors who can only look on in envy as this footballing mastermind amazes everyone with the list of potential highly credible suitors for our managerial role he produces. 

21 minutes ago, adrian lord said:

Ankersen writes books about being a success...without actually being a successful himself. 

It is reminiscent of those self-appointed "life coaches" who have utterly fucked up personal and professional lives behind the scenes. 

Spot on.

4 minutes ago, Greenridge said:

It's very rare you get the pundit class sticking the boot into a fellow pro.

Usually you get the platitudes around "give him more time" and "owners are too trigger happy these days" etc etc, and Jones would have been the perfect poster boy for the old "there's great managers lower down the league who never get a chance in the Prem". It really was all there for him.

Instead you have got them queuing up to say he is an absolute twat on national TV and radio.

Honestly as a club we look stupid, and poor old Nathan is going to be a figure of derision for some time.

• Like 11

My old man called me up about him saying he sounded like a lunatic, the man has no interest in football at all, so it’s not just doing the rounds in football circles.

at leash we’re relevant I guess?

I backed him when he came and was actually a little optimistic after Liverpool because we didn’t look TOO bad and we were heading into a big break but geez it’s just gone from bad to worse, even the wins we looked shit.

no idea where to go from here but Saturday should be interesting 😂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

It's very rare you get the pundit class sticking the boot into a fellow pro.

Usually you get the platitudes around "give him more time" and "owners are too trigger happy these days" etc etc, and Jones would have been the perfect poster boy for the old "there's great managers lower down the league who never get a chance in the Prem". It really was all there for him.

Instead you have got them queuing up to say he is an absolute twat on national TV and radio.

Honestly as a club we look stupid, and poor old Nathan is going to be a figure of derision for some time.

He’s seen through NJ from the start. After our win against City, I remember Sutton saying he was speaking “complete rubbish” when NJ said we’d played well against Forest.

Everyone can see it.

• Like 2

We will be in the Championship next season, so theres absolutely zero chance that Potter would come here.

Hes currently managing a team thats worth about a billion pounds and about to play in the Champions League knockouts. Yes its likely he'll be relieved of his duties by the summer, but he'll have plenty of more attractive options like West Ham or Leicester or Spurs depending on how the managerial merry go round moves.

It certainly wont be managing us away to Plymouth on a Tuesday night as that would be taking his managerial career 10 steps back

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

We will be in the Championship next season, so theres absolutely zero chance that Potter would come here.

Hes currently managing a team thats worth about a billion pounds and about to play in the Champions League knockouts. Yes its likely he'll be relieved of his duties by the summer, but he'll have plenty of more attractive options like West Ham or Leicester or Spurs depending on how the managerial merry go round moves.

It certainly wont be managing us away to Plymouth on a Tuesday night as that would be taking his managerial career 10 steps back

Absolutely - I would think Potter will go off and "try a new experience" in Spain or Germany or something.

He's definitely not coming to us but I don't think there's much in it for him to go to West Ham/Leicester/whoever either.

Or he just sits tight, counts his money and then takes over from Southgate autumn 24.

Just now, CB Fry said:

Absolutely - I would think Potter will go off and "try a new experience" in Spain or Germany or something.

He's definitely not coming to us but I don't think there's much in it for him to go to West Ham/Leicester/whoever either.

Or he just sits tight, counts his money and then takes over from Southgate autumn 24.

Thats a great shout actually, forgot all about that

Late to the funeral, sorry, long day.

Absolutely astounding, that this cretin is still here.

Logged off last night just after Kaiser Soze's post. Was so looking forward to a wonderful day.

How? Just how is he still here?

"Taking training as normal."

After what went down on Saturday night!?

I can only imagine, that the Club are not quite as aware as we might think, of the full extent of the seething vitriol exploding within its fanbase right now. They know we're not happy, sure, but if those at the top are actively choosing to not look at the online outpouring of fully united anger, tuning out from all media. You know, fingers in ears, "lalalala I can't hear you" style. They may be thinking it'll all just blow over. They'll ride out the storm, and if we somehow massively fuck up and actually win on Saturday, that the extent of the anger will dissipate over time.

IF that is the case, wow, what a shock they have coming.

On the off chance they do read here:

Mad Nate Jones' utterly despicable behaviour on Saturday night's media rounds is NOT something we will let you turn a blind eye to, SFC.

You will not ignore us anymore. You seem to think you can play the long game, but you cannot. We will not allow it.

You seem to have completely underestimated the seriousness of Mad Nate's indiscretions. He has brought our Club, your Club into undeniable disrepute. Yet you sit on your hands,  and do nothing. He is clearly crumbling inside under the pressure, and you have a duty of care, to pull him out of the fire.

Because make no mistake,  if that wretched scum is standing on that touchline representing the Club we all love so much, fire is what is coming.

You will see a side to this fanbase the likes of that which you have never seen before.

You think we are just a bunch of disgruntled but ultimately tame customers, upset at results. It has gone so much further than that. Nathan Jones is our modern day Ian Branfoot. We absolutely fucking despise him after Saturday's public meltdown. And very soon you will understand just how much.

Before, it was just Nathan, but for your disgraceful disregard for our feelings, you are now right in our firing line yourselves.

Saturday will get very ugly, and you have brought it all upon yourselves. 

SFC Board of Directors, you are a fucking disgrace.

Edited by Rivers
Duplicate word.
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!