New Manager Thread v3

Dman

31 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

If we had anything about us we'd immediately appoint the Wrexham manager. No other football club has ever been promoted before and they've done it because Wrexham Wrexham Wrexham vision vision Wrexham vision.

But typical our club won't do it because we 

Really thought you did something there didn't you pal? Very odd you'd take half of something I said and post it on a different thread. Very odd behaviour. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Deanovski said:

Really thought you did something there didn't you pal? Very odd you'd take half of something I said and post it on a different thread. Very odd behaviour. 

The Saintsweb way..someone posts something moronic and the piss will be taken for a while, until someone else says something else moronic and then they all move on. Luckily that should be by lunchtime today.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

The Saintsweb way..someone posts something moronic and the piss will be taken for a while, until someone else says something else moronic and then they all move on. Luckily that should be by lunchtime today.

I haven't missed this place 😂😂😂

No idea who the new manager is other there is a shortlist in place.

Ambivalent about Potter although he was on the list when we got Ralph. I remember the stories about him going out and helping clearing the snow when he was manager of Östersund.

He was clearly hampered by the clusterfuck that was Chelsea’s board. OK Rasmus decision making was erratic but there are a lot of clubs long term in more of a mess than us .

3 minutes ago, manji said:

Ambivalent about Potter although he was on the list when we got Ralph. I remember the stories about him going out and helping clearing the snow when he was manager of Östersund.

He was clearly hampered by the clusterfuck that was Chelsea’s board. OK Rasmus decision making was erratic but there are a lot of clubs long term in more of a mess than us .

As long as Selles's name isn't on the shortlist.

1 hour ago, manji said:

I assume Potter would have to give up his remaining Chelsea contract for a lower salary if he joined us, and if so he'd be mad to do so. Maybe he could come to a deal with Chelsea where they just pay him the difference for the payoff period. That way he doesn't lose any money, and Chelsea pay him less than if he was spending his time gardening.

If they had just paid him a lump sum compensation when they sacked him then of course the above is moot. I'm not sure how it works in general.

5 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

I assume Potter would have to give up his remaining Chelsea contract for a lower salary if he joined us, and if so he'd be mad to do so. Maybe he could come to a deal with Chelsea where they just pay him the difference for the payoff period. That way he doesn't lose any money, and Chelsea pay him less than if he was spending his time gardening.

If they had just paid him a lump sum compensation when they sacked him then of course the above is moot. I'm not sure how it works in general.

I think that managers can choose to be paid the contract monthly,  like Mark Hughes did with us. He didn't even do any media work I  this period, just bled us dry. 

Otherwise, I think like any divorce, a settlement can be made. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, redkeith said:

I think that managers can choose to be paid the contract monthly,  like Mark Hughes did with us. He didn't even do any media work I  this period, just bled us dry. 

Otherwise, I think like any divorce, a settlement can be made. 

Bled us dry? Yeah right. He write the contract yeah? 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Just to put an end to any further comments regarding bringing back our Nige

Abject failure with us,abject failure since. 
very lucky to have had what he did with us.

incredible squad for both the championship and league one,yet still failed to win either title. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

8 hours ago, saint lard said:

incredible squad for both the championship and league one,yet still failed to win either title. 

If only you had mentioned this before.

37 minutes ago, danjosaint said:

You watch Rooney walk through the door 

I'd rather have a manager who has a reasonable grasp of English, and doesn't need a translator at press conferences. 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, danjosaint said:

You watch Rooney walk through the door 

Hmmm.

Huge experience in the game, and certainly a big name. Showed leadership, loyalty and character during the silliness at Derby. I don't particularly like the guy and have no idea if he is (tactically and from a man-management point of view) any good.

Probably better than Jones though!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Hmmm.

Huge experience in the game, and certainly a big name. Showed leadership, loyalty and character during the silliness at Derby. I don't particularly like the guy and have no idea if he is (tactically and from a man-management point of view) any good.

Probably better than Jones though!

Seeing as Nathan Jones was the manager of the season in the Championship, last season.  That would be a decent shout if he is better than him

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Sussex_saint said:

Really hope we never get lampard or Rooney, or Gerrard for that matter. Much rather we get an experienced, long term manager who can really get the fans up on their feet at St Mary's. Someone like Viera etc

Love posts like this. Lampard more experience in the Championship and technically more managerial jobs than Viera. Gerrard at Rangers lasted longer than Viera and Viera has yet to do more than 2.5 years anywhere with his only job in English football last under 2 years. Viera's last two jobs have ended with the sack and most fans far from on their feet but instead bored out of their brains. But sure, let's get Viera in for experience, long term and excitement. 

Let's just avoid clearly limited managers and have some mystery and hope in our next appointment please. All these managers have shown their ceiling.

Edited by Fabrice29

On 04/05/2023 at 21:28, manji said:

Again it wasn’t the plan for Rasmus to to do the recruitment. He was lumbered with the job because Shields left for Chelsea. Which clearly went well for Chelsea. 
Wilcox is in charge of recruitment now. I’d put good money Jason has a few incomings and outgoings lined up already and again we have have plenty put aside for relegation that’s on top of any money we make on sales.

Sounds like double helpings of wishful thinking. Prepare yourself for a massive let-down

19 hours ago, Noodles34 said:

Bled us dry? Yeah right. He write the contract yeah? 

People whinge about "NO LOYALTY IN FOOTBALL" and about players/managers not honouring their contracts but when a fans turn on a manager they should "DO THE RIGHT THING AND RESIGN" thus breaking their contract.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, saint lard said:

Your wife accidentally called out Nigel's name during sex once, didn't she?

• Haha 11

7 hours ago, Fabrice29 said:

Love posts like this. Lampard more experience in the Championship and technically more managerial jobs than Viera. Gerrard at Rangers lasted longer than Viera and Viera has yet to do more than 2.5 years anywhere with his only job in English football last under 2 years. Viera's last two jobs have ended with the sack and most fans far from on their feet but instead bored out of their brains. But sure, let's get Viera in for experience, long term and excitement. 

Let's just avoid clearly limited managers and have some mystery and hope in our next appointment please. All these managers have shown their ceiling.

And what does that matter? He didnt improve Derby. They finished 6th when he took over and he took them to the same position, failing in the playoffs again. This all despite him having the pick of Chelseas best youth players in Mount and Tomori, as well as Harry Wilson from Liverpool.

• Like 1

On 07/05/2023 at 22:31, saint lard said:

Troll

Just now, saint lard said:

Just telling it how it was.  
 He did the bare minimum,nothing more.  He underachieved with what he had at his disposal.
the Adkins love in is misjudged.  

no trolling here. 

Jesus christ, give it up will you.

• Like 4

Should do everything we can to bring in Potter. It's a great opportunity for him to rebuild his career after his awful stint at Chelsea.

There will be a managerial merry go round this summer you'd think, as Chelsea, Spurs, Saints, Leeds, Leicester, Bournemouth (maybe), Poss West Ham (Maybe), Forest (Maybe) will probably all be looking for new managers.

There are plenty out of work atm: 

• Luis Enrique
  • Zidane
  • Pochettino
  • Conte
  • Villas Boas
  • De Boer
  • Nagalsmann
  • Van Bronkhorst
  • Vitor Pereira
  • Cannavaro
  • Gallardo
  • Low
  • Lage
  • Thorup
  • Rodgers
  • Potter
  • Benitez
  • Gracia
  • Ralph
  • Vieira
  • Bielsa
  • Marsch
  • Struber
  • Sanchez-Flores
  • Garrido
  • Hoefkens
  • Hutter
  • Favre

Plus a load of others...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, saint lard said:

It’s you lot that keeps banging on about him,and his messiah like status. 
I will give an opposing view if I see fit.

Two promotions in two seasons with little transfer business over that period is astonishingly good however you look at it.

Fantastic manager and man.

No, I wouldn’t have him back now. Times have moved on as have the board and players from that era. It was over a decade ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Should do everything we can to bring in Potter. It's a great opportunity for him to rebuild his career after his awful stint at Chelsea.

There will be a managerial merry go round this summer you'd think, as Chelsea, Spurs, Saints, Leeds, Leicester, Bournemouth (maybe), Poss West Ham (Maybe), Forest (Maybe) will probably all be looking for new managers.

• Luis Enrique
  • Zidane
  • Pochettino
  • Conte
  • Villas Boas
  • De Boer
  • Nagalsmann
  • Van Bronkhorst
  • Vitor Pereira
  • Cannavaro
  • Gallardo
  • Low
  • Lage
  • Thorup
  • Rodgers
  • Potter
  • Benitez
  • Gracia
  • Ralph
  • Vieira
  • Bielsa
  • Marsch
  • Struber
  • Sanchez-Flores
  • Garrido
  • Hoefkens
  • Hutter
  • Favre

Plus a load of others...

I think it’ll be Potter or Vieira. Gut feeling.

4 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Two promotions in two seasons with little transfer business over that period is astonishingly good however you look at it.

Fantastic manager and man.

No, I wouldn’t have him back now. Times have moved on as have the board and players from that era. It was over a decade ago.

Agree with this, and he acted like a leader. Led from the front. Changed the mentality around this club completely. Fair play to him, exactly what we needed at that time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

• Luis Enrique
  • Zidane
  • Pochettino
  • Conte
  • Villas Boas
  • De Boer
  • Nagalsmann
  • Van Bronkhorst
  • Vitor Pereira
  • Cannavaro
  • Gallardo
  • Low
  • Lage
  • Thorup
  • Rodgers
  • Potter
  • Benitez
  • Gracia
  • Ralph
  • Vieira
  • Bielsa
  • Marsch
  • Struber
  • Sanchez-Flores
  • Garrido
  • Hoefkens
  • Hutter
  • Favre

Plus a load of others...

You missed Steve Bruce!!!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I think it’ll be Potter or Vieira. Gut feeling.

Same and I’m excited at the thought of either. Vieira more likely imo. 

I can’t wait to see the uproar when some Wally who’s managed no higher than league 1 comes in because his current teams ‘defending stats’ are high. 

• Like 2