WBA 0-2 Saints - Match Thread

trousers

Just now, SNSUN said:

Perfect response this to Tuesday. If you'd offered me 3 points from this and the BC game I wouldn't have been disappointed. This was the game I was worried about but we've been very professional.

And if we'd drawn both games people would be raving about extending our unbeaten run despite getting 1 less point than we have now.... 

• Like 9

Good result in the end there. But shaky for a fair part of it (and we'll need to be better vs the likes of Leeds and Ipswich etc.), but important to get that win and clean sheet. Very good performance by Stu, and credit to Martin with good subs. Aribo looked bright considering his lack of game time in afcon. 

Reality is not many sides are going to go there and win! 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

Brilliant performance bouncing back from the disappointment of Bristol City. Completely strangled West Brom out of most of the game at a very difficult ground, and two fantastic finishes to win it for us.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to WBA 0-2 Saints - Match Thread

All over.

Fantastic result 👍

First 30 mins were very good, as we're the last 25. The big in the middle was slightly worrying, but we got through it and even got the clean sheet.

The subs were perfect, good management from Russ.

WBA were made to look very ordinary, and tbf we should have had 1 or 2 more. Great stuff

• Like 3

Well..FT 0-2.

I feared the worst, regardless of what happened on Tues. They have been excellent at home and right up the table.

We were outstanding for the first 30 mins, they they came back into it, kind of stayed like that until the subs started. Overall, we were by far the better side.

I thought we were wasteful in midfield at times, clearly missing Downes coupled with a terrible Charles (again).  Given WBA's obvious style and aerial threat, I thought we defended brilliantly...

However, Stu Armstrong was superb, my MoM, with notable shouts to most of the team.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Kraken said:

It doesn’t have to be intentional. And it very much was a pen, it was a big let off.

Not having that. His arm was up because he was running at full tilt and it's not possible to run with your arms straight by your side. It wasn't in an unnatural position and there was no movement of the arm towards the ball. He actually tried to move it out of the way.

Never a penalty.

• Like 5

Done. Controlled the game for the most part, tons of positives in there, Stu motm, but lots of good performances in there. Clean sheet as well, good night all round, well done RM and the boys, great start to my weekend.

Quality performance. Dominant aside from that shit 10 minutes before half time.

Bloody tater going on and on and on about the handball that wasn't a handball and ignoring the fact that west brom were in our pockets all night and didn't really do anything to threaten us.

Stuey was absolute class tonight.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

It doesn’t have to be intentional. And it very much was a pen, it was a big let off.

He wasn't making himself bigger or taking up an unnatural position, his arms were down. Never a pen in a million games, under the current rules. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Not having that. His arm was up because he was running at full tilt and it's not possible to run with your arms straight by your side. It wasn't in an unnatural position and there was no movement of the arm towards the ball. He actually tried to move it out of the way.

Never a penalty.

Well all of the pundits disagree with you and I think if VAR is there it gets given. In any case, 0-2, fucking great result.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Never a penalty.

This 

(And, yes I know @AlexLaw76, being fickle football fans I acknowledge we'd be wanted it awarded if the other way round :)

• Like 1