WBA 0-0 Saints - SF 1st Leg Match Thread

SaintBobby

If we play the same shape as against Leeds then we could go with Sulemana instead of Adams and bring Stewart on later. Means Armstrong needs to provide the link role but it could work quite well.

2 minutes ago, benjii said:

If we play the same shape as against Leeds then we could go with Sulemana instead of Adams and bring Stewart on later. Means Armstrong needs to provide the link role but it could work quite well.

If Sulemana or Mara start then the semi final will be over before the second leg.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

If Sulemana or Mara start then the semi final will be over before the second leg.

Sulemenas effort off the ball is appalling. I consciously watched him after he came on against Leeds and his pressing was so poor. Mara no better either. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, SambaMaverick said:

Please no gimpy pitch invasion if we win the tie for fuck sake

Don’t see the problem myself, every other club does it if they reach the PO final at home. Are we too superior for it down here? People that don’t want to do it don’t have to. 
Shows the players that the city is up for it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mixedkebab said:

Don’t see the problem myself, every other club does it if they reach the PO final at home. Are we too superior for it down here? People that don’t want to do it don’t have to. 
Shows the players that the city is up for it.

Anyone with any sense will leave around the 85rh minute to beat the traffic anyway 

• Haha 4

Martin confirmed in his pre match presser (part 2) that we have been practicing penalties for quite some time now and will continue to do so. Just to put that earlier argument to bed. Also took the team and management out for a meal after Warnock recommended it on Sky.

• Like 7

If Che isn’t starting it’s a huge blow. Ross isn’t ready to start and the alternatives are not good enough. Guess we will find out tomorrow but if he’s not been in full training then it seems very likely he’s not in the squad at all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Martin confirmed in his pre match presser (part 2) that we have been practicing penalties for quite some time now and will continue to do so.

I'm worried that he will never get his Sports Pyschology degree now.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Che looked fine in Waitrose yesterday. Showed decent acceleration when he had to catch up with his daughter after she wandered off.

Although reaching for a packet of tomatoes, typically he missed and left the shop with an aubergine.

• Haha 7

9 hours ago, SambaMaverick said:

Please no gimpy pitch invasion if we win the tie for fuck sake

Have to agree. It's not like the Premier League is some mythical promised land for us that we haven't experienced since the 70s - it's understandable for fans that have properly suffered in the lower leagues for a long, long time. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, goodymatt said:

If Che isn’t starting it’s a huge blow. Ross isn’t ready to start and the alternatives are not good enough. Guess we will find out tomorrow but if he’s not been in full training then it seems very likely he’s not in the squad at all.

If he’s out, it’s a huge issue. We are nowhere near as good without his presence up front. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Although reaching for a packet of tomatoes, typically he missed and left the shop with an aubergine.

Apparently he tried to steal some spaghetti, but then saw the burly looking female security guard and thought......I'll never get pasta.

Boom Boom. I'm here all week.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Scrappy 1-1 draw tomorrow. Cagey affair, but I think West Brom will be absolutely pumped for it!

The only pumping will be us pumping them good and proper.

• Haha 1

The league One and Two play offs both providing a good example of how irrelevant the final league placings are when it comes to knock out football. 

MK Dons highest ranked league two losing 7-1 on aggregate to Crawley. 2nd ranked Doncaster also going out. 

Peterborough being 2nd ranked in league one also going out. 

Hopefully we buck the trend now. 

16 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

I'm nervous as fuck today, anyone thinking this is going to be easy is in for a rude awakening. 

Basically that's no one thinking it is going to be easy.

But we finish 12 points ahead, and we've beaten them twice this season. So objectively we are better.

It's perfectly realistic to think we can win this leg. That's not the same as writing it off as "easy".

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, trousers said:

WBA 1 Saints 3

Easy peasy.

Got a feeling today will be far from easy. Win or draw would be great - worst case scenario lose by one goal.

58 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

I'm nervous as fuck today, anyone thinking this is going to be easy is in for a rude awakening. 

Yeah I agree, its going to be far more difficult than some seem to believe. To be honest if we lose by only one goal its not a disaster. Two or more probably is however.

• Like 1

Just had a look on NowTV to get a day pass.....£14.99 now. Bloody hell. It was £11.99 3 weeks ago and that was bad enough. I know I can get a stream but they aren't always reliable. Has anyone got any sites that are reliable for streams please. Cheers. COYR!!!

It's helps for me to reduce the tension by reminding myself that I don't really like the EPL anyway, what with all that VAR, relegation struggles and stuff. Saints will probably go and win the playoffs just to annoy me. 😜

• Like 2

On 11/05/2024 at 09:01, CB Fry said:

I'm worried that he will never get his Sports Pyschology degree now.

"Sport Psychology " never used to be quite so complex.     Lawrie McMenemy had the answer when he said ..

" Players are only people ....you have to kiss some ...and kick the others." 

His team selections were roughly-based on the analogy of ...." 2  prima donnas and 8 road sweepers..."  

Q -  ..........What's so difficult ?

44 minutes ago, BranfootsLoveChild said:

Just had a look on NowTV to get a day pass.....£14.99 now. Bloody hell. It was £11.99 3 weeks ago and that was bad enough. I know I can get a stream but they aren't always reliable. Has anyone got any sites that are reliable for streams please. Cheers. COYR!!!

Anyone know whether Saints Player is covering the game.   I find myself in Gubbio, and unsurprisingly there’s not much local interest in our game.    Have walked from Florence….. if the players work as hard as I’ve had to, we should be a step closer to Wembley.

yers 

Was looking like I might not make it earlier due to massive disruption on the trains from Sheffield, but I'm just pulling into Brum now and getting excited - actually looking forward to my nerve settling shit when I get to New Street. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I really hope Norwich win in the other game

I'm not so sure that would be a good thing. They are in great form and the only side in the playoffs that we haven't beaten twice. 

• Jimmy_D changed the title to WBA 0-0 Saints - SF 1st Leg Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic