Sheffield Utd 0-2 Saints - Match Thread

Harry_SFC

I find it really annoying how backwards we are playing at times. That last move summed it up, we had chance to release armstrong on the left, instead we played it sideways and back, culminating in gift wrapping mcgoldrick a chance he fluffed.

We should be going for the throat to put this game to bed.

On the positives, Tella playing very well.

• Like 1

Diallo's been rusty as fuck.

H/T 1-0. Two crap teams devoid of quality, but we're ahead for a change.

Can we hang on? We desperately need to.

Imagine having to fight a relegation battle with our only striking options being Che Adams, Nathan Tella and Dan N'Lundulu. That's lower league shite.

Tella's been lively today, to be fair. He can run and fall over. Not sure if there's anything else to his game.

Edited by qwertyell
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jabei said:

Wonder what people would be saying if Redmond was playing and performing even half as bad as Diallo or Minamino 

I think the difference is Redmond has had chances for 5 years now and he never capitalises on it.

Anyways, I’m willing to cut Diallo a little of bit of slack he has just come in after time off and let’s not forget he is only 21 years old.

Ultimately, I don’t think it’s right to start a season with 2 ‘experienced’ centre-mids but here we are. 

Edited by nta786
  • Like 1

Minamino looks like he has literally no understanding of his position. Really underwhelming performance.

Diallo looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Adams literally has no confidence.

So what is hassenhutl going to do I wonder??? It better not be Redmond on for Tella!

5 minutes ago, jabei said:

Wonder what people would be saying if Redmond was playing and performing even half as bad as Diallo or Minamino 

They would doubtless say he has been shit just like Diallo and Minamino (slightly less so) have been.

12 minutes ago, obelisk said:

Adams reactions far too slow.

It’s because he tried to flick it onto his right foot. One footed players should not be in the first team, wasted chance. Why does Ralph not keep him training all day until he is two footed ?

maybe Ralph hadn’t noticed though... 

1 minute ago, sammysaint93 said:

The whole thing has been dreadful. Let’s just hope we can get the 3 points over the line...

Nothing like the dreadful we have experienced recently. We are literally the worst team in the world on current form and we are one nil up, and have had a few half chances. 

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

No he isn't. Two terrible passes doesn't outweigh everything else he is doing.

He's lost posession more than twice but yeah we have to take account he's been out for over a month 

I honestly could not give a flying one as to how we are playing, at this stage we just need to win. We’ve played well in the first half of plenty of games lately and got humped all over the gaff, so who cares about the performance at this stage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

No he isn't. Two terrible passes doesn't outweigh everything else he is doing.

I think it was more than two to be fair. He also failed to send Armstrong clear on the left with what should have been a simple pass. I like him but he hasn't been great first half so hopefully he'll settle down after the break.

10 minutes ago, jabei said:

Yawn. Redmond has been turning in subpar performances and living off glimpses of potential for us for 5 years now. Diallo has shown glimpses of potential in what, 10 performances? And this is his first poor performance after returning from an injury being rushed into the team.

Minamino has looked quality for us and today, whilst not hitting the same level, has looked nowhere near as bad as Redmond this season.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Sheffield Utd 0-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic