Saints 0-1 Wolves - Match Thread

Lighthouse

10 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Has there been a presser for this match yet? Can't find a video of one or a time for one today. Usually do.

Usually Friday early p.m. for Sunday games, but haven't seen the usual trailer they put out for it yet. 

Edit: they just posted this as I hit 'submit' on the above post!

Screenshot_20210924-110110-695.png

Edited by trousers

The club have slyly put the ticket prices in the Kinglands Plus (Block 31) at £50 now (i.e. same as Kingsland Premium prices in Blocks 30/32), haven't seen any notifications for it and it still means it is £50 per person with no concessions available

Not that it has helped sell the block out though... Block 15 is looking very empty too.

I think attendance will be around 25/26k... our website still hasn't confirmed attendance figures for home game against WHU, perhaps too embarrassing.

57 minutes ago, nta786 said:

The club have slyly put the ticket prices in the Kinglands Plus (Block 31) at £50 now (i.e. same as Kingsland Premium prices in Blocks 30/32), haven't seen any notifications for it and it still means it is £50 per person with no concessions available

Not that it has helped sell the block out though... Block 15 is looking very empty too.

I think attendance will be around 25/26k... our website still hasn't confirmed attendance figures for home game against WHU, perhaps too embarrassing.

A Sunday game against Wolves on tele really should be category D prices. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, trousers said:

Hasenhuttl said at the press conference that Walcott was training but Armstrong wasn't 

Its not what I heard Hasenhuttl say in the bit of the press conference I heard (I didn't hear it all) but don't understand why Blackmore tweeted what he did. Anyway its been cleared up now, so its all a moot point. Bit concerning that Stu is taking so long to recover from whatever it is that is wrong (no one has really ever said), missing arguably our best player (certainly our most creative) should be a concern. 

19 hours ago, nta786 said:

Shocking prices when £30 is the capped away prices.

Not a game for the masses anymore.

I can just about justify £30 for a game. I won’t pay anymore for player wages.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dorchester Saint said:

Psychologically this is a big game. As things stand we are flirting with the relegation places with Chelsea to come next…too soon for a must win, but it matters. 

Yep, I'm already starting to look at other teams results and gauging whether they might be good for us in the long run. 

Win tomorrow and we're 11th.  Annoying how nervous I've become of playing Wolves.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JRM said:

For anyone heading to the game on Sunday Wolves have produced a handy guide that may be of use, Afghan food on St Mary's Street actually looks decent. 

"Southampton's a beautiful city ... reminds me of Miami ... "

Can't we hire this bloke for a promotional video to bring in a new owner ?

Agree this feels like a significant weekend.  As someone wrote earlier, a win gives us a feeling of a good start and a defeat ramps the pressure.  I just hope we perform as we have done so far this season (45 minutes at Everton aside) and with a little more creativity and flair going forward.

But I've never seen the point of looking at the league table until about 10 games in.  It's just too volatile until then.  Normally by then I can get a sense of how the season will play out for most teams (although there's always exceptions like us last season)

I'll predict a 2-0 win with Armstrong and Adams getting one each

Edited by The Left Back
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

It looked like a total shithole until he got to Ocean Village 😅

I liked his reaction to the "fan zone" behind the Chapel, which to be fair does look like a prisoner of war camp. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JRM said:

I liked his reaction to the "fan zone" behind the Chapel, which to be fair does look like a prisoner of war camp. 

To be honest the sort of people who go in there are the bingo bus lot and I reckon being on a 12 hour round trip with them would be similar to the experiences some prisoners of war had.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Cat said:

To be honest the sort of people who go in there are the bingo bus lot and I reckon being on a 12 hour round trip with them would be similar to the experiences some prisoners of war had.

Prisoners have food and drink, the fan zone runs out of that 3mins after opening. If prisoners had to queue for the crap we do they'd riot

Edited by Harold K Steptoe
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Harold K Steptoe said:

Prisoners have food and drink, the fan zone runs out of that 3mins after opening. If prisoners had to queue for the crap we do they'd riot

Do you get 'dear john' letters and an unnatural interest in your bottom parts from the old lags ?

I'll write a letter home for you, for a small consideration of course.

• Haha 1

Might miss this one, will be unpacking my bits as I'm moving into the University of Southampton tomorrow (I'm from Suffolk originally).
Choosing my uni was definitely not swayed by being a Saints fan all my life, hopefully can see some more games in person!
I think a win here would cement ourselves as having had a positive start.

• Like 9

Current bottom 4 look pretty awful at the moment, this is a good chance to push us away from them.  It's been a solid start to the season, but need that win so I think today is really important, home against a Wolves side who haven't started well. 

• Like 2

Good opportunity for a win today. Wolves have been awful this season. 

In particular I would like to see Che really target Coady. For all the plaudits he gets for his chest thumping, he tends to get demolished by any physical striker and can only really play in a back three where he's got plenty of cover. Saiss is also pretty shit so there really is an opportunity here, especially with their goalscoring issues

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-1 Wolves - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic