Bournemouth 0-1 Saints - Match Thread

whelk

4 minutes ago, niceandfriendly said:

Why the fuck did we bother signing Edozie? The fact that Ralph thinks Elyouseless deserves to start ahead of him is enough to get him the sack. 

Because they play different bloomin' positions for a start and Ely is a lot more experienced even if his lack of pace frustrates me greatly. If he did play Edozie, Mara, Dibling etc. it would be like lambs to the slaughter and people would be moaning about that. Anyway, it's good to see Adams starting and I'd certainly like to see him on the pitch at the same time as one of our pacy youngsters, and a bit of luck off his bum, nose, shin, knee, toe poke would do me..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On balance, our team has better defensive quality now than attacking quality. So to be picking attackers for their defensive ability is insane. Elyounoussi isn't going to be the difference between us keeping a clean sheet or not, but he might be the difference between us scoring or not.

• Like 1

Even if Edozie is better than Moi, and I’m not saying he isn’t, what would you expect us to do if he starts, Bournemouth make four second half subs and are all over us, like West Ham were? Armstrong is in no sort of form, Walcott is useless, Moi certainly isn’t going to change a game and Mara is as of yet unproven.

To be honest I don't have a problem with that line up. I don’t think we should just chuck all the kids in because they are new and exciting. We'd be just setting them up to fail. 

The problem is that the first team is not great whoever we pick.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, aintforever said:

Think it’s a mistake not starting Stu Armstrong, I don’t get how the others are keeping their place.

I'm still baffled as to how Stu Armstrong has gone from one of our best players & first name on the team sheet a year or so ago to someone who now struggles to make the starting 11. What's that all about?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Bournemouth 0-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic