Chelsea 0-1 Saints - Match Thread

Midfield_General

Great win and double. Well done Ruben - didn't agree with team selection but said I'd judge on the performance and that showed you have a bit about you. Couldn't give a shit about other results - we can only influence our own games. Imagine if we beat Leeds away next week!

• Like 2

Brilliant first half, backs to the wall all second half, we rode our luck but all credit for hanging in there.

How nice to see a Saints team with some identity. Pressing in the right areas, hunting in packs, making it difficult for the other side. And how nice to see a calm manager on the touchline.

• Like 4

Wow, I hold my hands up, that was exceptional.

Stinking stinking set of results but if we hadn’t have won, we’d have been well cut adrift.

Now, back to us. Well, that’s the first time this year I’ve seen us actually properly together. Like, all together.

Incredible stuff from Selles and the team. Thanks for giving us all hope again. 

• Like 10

So that’s a third of our points this season so far from Chelsea :lol:

Fantastic win. Although it looks like results haven’t gone our way today, come the end of the season we might be glad of some of the teams that lost today if they get dragged back in.

Mara perhaps would have seen red on another day, but he’s clearly going for the ball, and unlike with a reckless tackle, clearly has no idea the player’s there. Azpilicueta was just wrong place wrong time.

I absolutely refuse to believe that a season where we’ve done the double over Chelsea is a season we get relegated.

We’re getting out of this.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Chelsea 0-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic