Stu Armstrong

maysie

3 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

I do believe Armstrong wants a move back up north but unless we get an offer for him then it’s not happening.

Must remember that Vestergaard and him were the best of buddies and this might of made things even more difficult.

If Christie was an option then at least you move on a unhappy player member like Ings and Bertrand.

Signing a new contract in January seems an odd move if that is the case.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pilchards said:

I do believe Armstrong wants a move back up north but unless we get an offer for him then it’s not happening.

Must remember that Vestergaard and him were the best of buddies and this might of made things even more difficult.

If Christie was an option then at least you move on a unhappy player member like Ings and Bertrand.

What makes you believe that he wants a move back up north?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Changed his mind since January when he extended his contract until 2024?

Maybe his personal circumstances have altered, family illness perhaps. These guys are human at the end of the day.

I hope that's not the case but if it is then who can really blame him. We might all do the same. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarkSFC said:

Maybe his personal circumstances have altered, family illness perhaps. These guys are human at the end of the day.

I hope that's not the case but if it is then who can really blame him. We might all do the same. 

True.

would be nice for Blackmore to clarify what he meant.

• Like 1

On 27/08/2021 at 06:27, niceandfriendly said:

(paraphrasing)

Blackmore: Is all ok with Stuart Armstrong? Are you worried he wants to go back to Scotland? Are you expecting Stu Armstrong or anyone else to leave the club?

Ralph: No, not worried about this. We need every player and I don't expect anybody to go.

So the player might want to leave, or there might be interest but Ralph doesn’t want the player sold. I know Ralph’s English can get tied up a little so hopefully this is one of those moments, and not a guarded and nuanced answer.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

So the player might want to leave, or there might be interest but Ralph doesn’t want the player sold. I know Ralph’s English can get tied up a little so hopefully this is one of those moments, and not a guarded and nuanced answer.

Why speculate with hypothetical claptrap. There is no conspiracy, Stuart has a calf injury and has not resumed training. When he does he will be back in the team.

He can still be mates with whomever he wishes, that doesn't mean he has to move next door.

Bloody hell, why can't people adopt the maxim that the simplest explanation is usually the right one.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't wish to start any conspiracy theories (honest!) but Ralph has gone from regularly predicting a return for Armstrong in "a couple of weeks" over the last couple of months to giving no timeframe at all, now just saying that he's still out. 

All seems a tad odd for what was originally described as a 'minor calf injury'. 

Yes, I know players can have set backs but still makes me ponder whether there was more to his injury than the club initially let on in the first place.

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, trousers said:

I don't wish to start any conspiracy theories (honest!) but Ralph has gone from regularly predicting a return for Armstrong in "a couple of weeks" over the last couple of months to giving no timeframe at all, now just saying that he's still out. 

Yes, I know players can have set backs but still makes me ponder whether there was more to his injury than the club initially let on in the first place.

Vincent Kompany missed about three years on and off with a recurring calf problem that they just couldn't get right no matter what they tried. They're tricky things once they start playing up.

On 24/09/2021 at 14:11, trousers said:

Obviously wants to leave the sinking ship

1 hour ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Unbelievable. He should not make himself available and they should not select him. 

We have two prominent Scottish players, they should be nurturing our ongoing relationship. 

This feels like a bit of a slap in the face. 

I should imagine once he's missed Chelsea away he will be able to withdraw from the squad, a couple of months out he will need time to get fit but something doesn't feel right about all this. 

33 minutes ago, IOWSaintDaz said:

Deffo another want away, Ralph should be honest about it, still got another 2 years on his contract, wouldn't be suprised to see him go in January if he continues to dig his heals in, at least get some money for him to re-invest in the team

Think his contract runs to 2024. Didn’t he sign a new one not long ago?

Just checked, he signed a new 3.5 year deal in January 2021. You wonder why he would now suddenly want to leave?

Edited by goodymatt

2 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Maybe his family can’t settle

Quite possible. Hoping this isn’t the case and it is just an injury, but there’s usually no smoke without fire and that Sun article (yes, I know it’s The Sun) was concerning and so out of the blue.

1 hour ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Could it be that the player is just injured?

Are you mental? Suggesting something as mundane as that on this forum?!?!

I think you'll find that he hates saints, thinks we're a terrible club thats destined for relegation, wishes he'd never signed that new contract 8months ago, and is on strike agitating to leave.

Injured?!?! Pah! 

Edit - He's also fed up because we have noddy fans that occasionally wear face paint, and have players that don't pass to him.

Edited by Saint86

11 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

He has just bought a house in Winchester. 

10 hours ago, Sideways Jim said:

Martin O'Neil finally managed to sell that house then 

1 minute ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Could it be Michael Owen's?

No, it’s Elliott Ward’s house.  He started building it in 2010.

• Haha 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Stu Armstrong