Hojbjerg: Official - Signs for Spurs

ecuk268

22 minutes ago, Badger said:

Hojberg is a full international, c £20m, possibly £15plus KWP (although still light in my view).

KWP, no more than £10m for a player clearly surplus to requirements at spurs. In January £5m might have been closer to the mark.

International or not he has less than a year on his contract. We could always say no and lose out in 11 months.

probably right about KWP in Jan but he has been pivotal since the restart. 

KWP is going to cost us less than we sold Targett for, albeit Targett had a bit more experience i’d suggest he isn’t as highly rated as KWP has been at times in his career. If it’s £18mil for Hojbjerg as mentioned above I think it’s fairly decent considering we’ve very much got our hands tied - a player in his final year who’s made it clear as day that he only wants to go to one club! 

1 hour ago, the wedge said:

Way that reads makes it sound like it's come from the Spurs end, which probably means they're stating the lowest possible price for PEH and the full fat deal for KWP if all add-ons are achieved.

Would expect anything reported from the Saints end will be exactly vice versa (full fat for PEH, lowest price for KWP), so that deal will most likely be far better than that is made out to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Its 18 For Pierre, 15, Plus 3 in add ons.

KWP Is closer to 10 👍

You just have to look who is releasing the figures to the press. It's Spurs, so reading between the lines, you might be able to get somewhere nearer the truth. With your figures, I am presuming that that is with some knowledge of things. Questions.....

1) Are the add ons easily achievable?

2) If not, is the difference between the two players closer to £5m than £3m? (presume it is).

20 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Looks like this one has turned out exactly how my contact said it would, I shared what I was allowed at the time. I’ll see if he’ll let me share who we have lined up as Hojbjergs replacement 

My sources are telling me its either the lad currently out on loan at Fulham, the American fella or someone else. Will be interesting to see how close our respective contacts tally.

22 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Looks like this one has turned out exactly how my contact said it would, I shared what I was allowed at the time. I’ll see if he’ll let me share who we have lined up as Hojbjergs replacement 

Should be safe to share once it's mentioned in the papers. :badger:

6 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Don't forget Brighton at home either, the first half was utter dross and an example of what has been served up at home all too often.

Yeh - accepted - I didn't see it, but followed it on here and remember the comments were pretty scathing in the first half. Improved greatly in the 2nd half didn't it? In quite a few games we were better in the 2nd half and I think a lot of that was fitness - we seemed to come back from lock down, fitter than almost all the other teams I watched over that period. Credit to all the staff and players who obviously worked hard on fitness in lock down. That's why we were still scoring in the 106th and 110th minutes of games. Anyway I've digressed from the PEH topic - apologies.

4 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

Yeh - accepted - I didn't see it, but followed it on here and remember the comments were pretty scathing in the first half. Improved greatly in the 2nd half didn't it? In quite a few games we were better in the 2nd half and I think a lot of that was fitness - we seemed to come back from lock down, fitter than almost all the other teams I watched over that period. Credit to all the staff and players who obviously worked hard on fitness in lock down. That's why we were still scoring in the 106th and 110th minutes of games. Anyway I've digressed from the PEH topic - apologies.

He played LB in the first half, less said about that the better!

2nd half we improved, but he still slowed us down I felt (lots of sideways and backwards, little penetration). I guess in a way that's not really his role, but you'd hope he could do a slightly better job of it.

So, some people seem delighted to accept a situation where we just cave in to Levy's demands and sell PEH to Spurs on their terms. Maybe if it is laid out like this some will realise that it is not as simple as that...

Option 1: Sell PEH to Spurs for peanuts and pay over the odds for KWP; other transfer business - not a lot as we can't afford it having failed to get a decent fee for PEH.

Option 2: Sell PEH at the price that every other club is prepared to pay (£25m) and buy KWP for what he is worth now (probably £10m accepting that his value has appreciated as a result of his success for us during June/July); other transfer business - we have £15m to spend plus a little from our other successful transfer business, allowing us to contemplate signing either Salisu, McKennie, Rodriguez, Cash or whoever with that money.

OK - of course the truth is going to be somewhere in the middle, but let's be clear: the poorer the deal we achieve in selling PEH and bying KWP, the less likely we will be able to do much other transfer business.

5 hours ago, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

So, some people seem delighted to accept a situation where we just cave in to Levy's demands and sell PEH to Spurs on their terms. Maybe if it is laid out like this some will realise that it is not as simple as that...

Option 1: Sell PEH to Spurs for peanuts and pay over the odds for KWP; other transfer business - not a lot as we can't afford it having failed to get a decent fee for PEH.

Option 2: Sell PEH at the price that every other club is prepared to pay (£25m) and buy KWP for what he is worth now (probably £10m accepting that his value has appreciated as a result of his success for us during June/July); other transfer business - we have £15m to spend plus a little from our other successful transfer business, allowing us to contemplate signing either Salisu, McKennie, Rodriguez, Cash or whoever with that money.

OK - of course the truth is going to be somewhere in the middle, but let's be clear: the poorer the deal we achieve in selling PEH and bying KWP, the less likely we will be able to do much other transfer business.

Frankly think we're lucky they're not in for Ings to replace Kane, tbh. That would be far more damaging than losing Hoj, who is quite overrated in my opinion.

As reported, looks an okay deal especially if there are add-ons for PEH. I would have hoped for KWP+6 or 7m. This seems about there. If, as other reports indicate, Saints playing hardball, we might get there or above it. Reasonable business overall it seems. Not stunning, but reasonable.

If they are arguing over bonus payments, it looks close . I just hope we don't go for the inning the league and winning the champions league which goy us a few more million from Liverpool. As it is Spurs, we would be better of putting clauses in for reaching a semi-final, or qualifying for the Europa League. 😀

Spurs don't want it to drag into September or even October (window closes 5th October). People say that Levy has us over a barrel, but this is one thing we can do to counter things, to drag it out. KWP will also be dragged out, so if he is our choice, then it is somewhat cutting our nose off to spite our face, that is unless Levy is demanding far too much for him.

57 minutes ago, adriansfc said:

Maybe he'll do well. But Jose has alienated a top player in Ndombele and now they'll have Hojbjerg instead 😆

Ndombele alienated himself by being less fit than Charlie Austin. Bags of talent, but can barely do 30 minutes.

Spurs will look like they have a good deal - but selling is just one half of it - who you buy is another. VVD at £75m looked a decent deal - until we effectively replaced the best CB in the world with a load of dirge still out on loan now without troubling our 1st team and on treble VVDs wages.

if it’s KWP plus a few million so be it - better than £25m to be pissed up the wall again, let’s just get it done, if KWP ends up at West Ham etc we’ve got a massive issue at right back

Just now, Badger said:

£12m for KWP. For a player clearly surplus to requirements at spurs.

Stunning ? 

For a player we clearly want? They aren't going to bend over and give him to us for nothing. £12million for a starting premier league English rightback under 25 is a very good price in this day and age. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Hojbjerg: Official - Signs for Spurs